India v Australia 3 match ODI series September 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see that one coming. Good response after a tough fortnight.

I think it'll take a pretty big disaster for us to miss the top four and from there, it's a bit of a toss up really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I’m not sure Maxwell is going to save us with the ball every time.
Our batting is limited.
Lots of issues but you just need a couple of players having a decent game and anything can happen.
Batting limited? We are not struggling to make big scores with the bat recently, it’s been our bowling to let us down. We just lost our best ODI bat of the last 18 months on the eve of the WC and his replacement has come in to average 50+ across the last 8 matches, I would say our batting is going just fine.

Batting limited? We are not struggling to make big scores with the bat recently, it’s been our bowling to let us down. We just lost our best ODI bat of the last 18 months on the eve of the WC and his replacement has come in to average 50+ across the last 8 matches, I would say our batting is going just fine.

our lower order is still a massive problem. Hopefully Maxy can get going but spots 5-7 are a massive hole for us at the moment

Our middle order has been dreadful, it's limited on form.

Green, Stoinis (lol), Carey (even more lol), Maxwell (back from injury).

It's putting a lot onto Marsh, Warner and Smith not failing. Lab I doubt is in the squad.

our lower order is still a massive problem. Hopefully Maxy can get going but spots 5-7 are a massive hole for us at the moment

Try 4-7 as Lab isn't in the squad, he might be but I doubt he is, and one of those bats who aren't an issue is Marsh who will come off maybe 5 in 10.

If you come off 5 in 10, you're the best bat in the world.

That is an issue and a risk we are running with. It's why we won't win the WC unless Head is back. Ideally Smith dropping to 4 actually makes us a better side, will Smith do it, I highly doubt it but he should.

Try 4-7 as Lab isn't in the squad, he might be but I doubt he is, and one of those bats who aren't an issue is Marsh who will come off maybe 5 in 10.
You wouldn’t keep playing him if he wasn't. Better off batting Green & Carey ahead of him if he isn't going to be in the squad

You wouldn’t keep playing him if he wasn't. Better off batting Green & Carey ahead of him if he isn't going to be in the squad

That's assuming you actually trust this side...we opened with Cam Green in all the leadup matches to the t20 WC lol

Well just completed watching the game...busy last night

Good performance the team looks more settled with maxwell providing the 2nd spinner option

But its basically Mitch Marsh or bust.....and I hope that settles the debate that mitch has to bat in the top three...and not in the middle order to sort out our woes which some posters want.

Biggest issue facing the side atm...is the middle to lower order...its just not working and there is really not much we can do about it except keep backing them to find form

Carey just looks completely out of form....was telling when he came to the wicket the scoring rate slowed and he again struggled to hit it off the square. Really I cannot understand this obsession they have batting him 5 ..yes he did sore a ton there years back but really he should be batting at 7 for me or 6 with maxie 7...

Greenie is out of form with the bat tried to hit himself out of it again and got out..thought he looked better last game before he ran himself out I would like to see him bat 5 as he needs a bit of time to get going. Thought he bowled really well last night 6.4 overs at 4.50 with a pole was a very good performance on a absolute road.

Maxie...still struggling with the bat his previous 10 innings have been average in this format but as I stated he provides options with the ball and gives us the flexibility along with green with the ball. Really worried that his ability to play pace his gone down hill. But as he shown last night he still has a big role to play in indian conditions

Starc needed the run...thought he was average at the start

Hazelwood bowled well

Cummins ..so so with the ball....bad reviews

Going to be interesting to see what the selectors do with head....I think today they name the squad. Do they keep him or go for Marnus??...and marnus has done pretty well....tough call ahead

Also we saw last night that the weather/conditions is going to play a big role ...I really cannot see Mitch Marsh Bowling at all this WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back