Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
The Jaeger Bomb has requested a trade...Gold Coast have said....

As Jaeger doesn't qualify as a free agent, AFL rules dictate he holds no rights to determine his destination of choice.

"With that being the case, Jaeger is on the market to a club that can provide us compensation we are prepared to accept."

Gold Coast are going to play hardball so he can't nominate a destination club...

Worth a shot? Injuries have meant he has only played 44 games...I'd back our team to get him right.

How about NO. Maybe, HELL NO.

Not worth anywhere near the cost - either in salary (what the player is demanding), or draft picks (which GC are demanding), given that he has serious knee problems which are going to be with him for the rest of his career. And "the rest of his career" is not likely to be long.

He'd be worth a late first rounder at best.
Personally I think his knee is ****ed, he actually blew a hole in the knee cap. Think Hentschell, don't touch.

He'd only go to a club which can afford to throw picks away... a club like GWS.
definitely not on 750,000 though, haha who's his manager kidding. Surely they know everyone will be doing medicals on the guy and those medicals aren't going to come back good.

I wouldn't think. Not for what you would have to pay for him. Risk vs reward. Could be a gun, could be an injured spud. Anywho apparently he wants to go to VIC? (Don't they all)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back in our recruiting managers ability to find diamonds in the rough. No need to blow multiple picks on him when we have found so many guns in the draft in recent years.

Only way I'd be ok with it is if we found a way to give away henderson, Mackay and a few other borderline players to get him but I can't possibly see that working out for us.

Back in our recruiting managers ability to find diamonds in the rough. No need to blow multiple picks on him when we have found so many guns in the draft in recent years.

Only way I'd be ok with it is if we found a way to give away henderson, Mackay and a few other borderline players to get him but I can't possibly see that working out for us.
Mackay is not going anywhere, ever.
Henderson is an Unrestricted Free Agent.
"Other borderline players" are seen as borderline by other clubs too. You want quality - you need to give up quality. (unless you are dealing with Richmond)

I thought he'd made it pretty clear in the past Victoria is the only destination he's interested in, full stop.....and let's not forget his "state of origin" is W.A., for what he would cost in trade currency let alone cap space with his inflated self worth I'd steer clear personally.

Mackay is not going anywhere, ever.
Henderson is an Unrestricted Free Agent.
"Other borderline players" are seen as borderline by other clubs too. You want quality - you need to give up quality. (unless you are dealing with Richmond)

Hence why I said I can't see it working out. Also frankly Jaegar is a borderline player. He's as likely to be all australian as he is to only have a few extra senior games before retiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Jaeger doesn't qualify as a free agent, AFL rules dictate he holds no rights to determine his destination of choice.

"With that being the case, Jaeger is on the market to a club that can provide us compensation we are prepared to accept."

More like on the market to the club that offers us the most compensation, and that Jaeger is willing to go to even though he apparently holds no rights.

I'm sure like most he'll name a club.

More like on the market to the club that offers us the most compensation, and that Jaeger is willing to go to even though he apparently holds no rights.

I'm sure like most he'll name a club.

Considering Prestia already has named a club (and we all think he doesn't want success or is just really dumb), I can see why the Suns are making loud noises about not having the same situation there. Their two top midfielders are up and leaving.

There really is a case for merging those two qld sides. Overextended up there

Or get rid of/relocate several Melbourne clubs.

Seems to be a one way poaching circus atm, no doubt fueled by greedy players and managers alike.

Even when we're top 4, it's a struggle to retain players from going to the big clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back