Prediction The Jake Stringer Award aka Contract Hero - 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
What is a Contract Hero you ask? It is a player who will play out of their skin to get a contract that they probably don't deserve based on previous years form. They get the up market contract and then go to s**t the next season.

So which player out of those coming out of contract this year will play out of their skins to earn another contract that was never going to be as good (money or length)?

My nominations are:

Jeremy Sharp - Gold Coast
Esava Ratugolea - Geelong
Thomson Dow - Richmond
Riley Bonner - Port

The Jake Stringer award.

Mitch McGovern, that huge contract is about to end (says the internet), watch him pull out a decent year and con another big deal out someone.

The Shane Woewodin memorial award.

I was surprised to still see Sam Reid playing for Sydney. I don't really think it was his fault he got that big contract but I kind of forgot he still played

What is a Contract Hero you ask? It is a player who will play out of their skin to get a contract that they probably don't deserve based on previous years form. They get the up market contract and then go to s**t the next season.

So which player out of those coming out of contract this year will play out of their skins to earn another contract that was never going to be as good (money or length)?

My nominations are:

Thomson Dow - Richmond
Riley Bonner - Port
4CA80CCE-4B82-4C35-AFC4-A09AD610663C.jpeg

My nominations are:

Thomson Dow - Richmond
Riley Bonner - Port
Esava will get games but no way does he have a massive season, get a contract, and then become poor. Either he plays well for Geelong and gets a new deal, and then kicks on. Or he has a poor year and gets traded.

A lot of options, for various reasons I like these guys.

Himmelberg
Wingard
Hall
Fantasia

They all jump out to me.
Hall for sure under a new coach. Will do the same thing he did at Gold Coast to get that new contract.

They’ve now got they’re new contracts and moved on but Blake acres and Rory lobb sit pretty comfortable in what ever list of names pop up in this category

Remove this Banner Ad

Back