Streaming The Last of Us (HBO)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Dang! That caught me by surprise.
Joel's killing spree seemed more like a crime than a rescue. The coldness with which he killed those people was disturbing. I thought it was wrong for those people to do surgery without telling Ellie she'd die. She may have still gone through with it, even knowing what would happen. Then they could honor her sacrifice rather than murder her for the cure, and Ellie could have talked to Joel and made him see it was the only way. So, in that sense, I was with Joel. But damn, that was a mass shooting event US-style. I'm left wondering at the end if Ellie knew she would never survive the surgery, and her question to Joel was to see if he'd lie to her. But maybe she didn't either. It will all be revealed in the next season, I suppose.

My only minor bugbear with the season was I would have liked to have seen more interactions with the infected.

Re-emphasised here that I knew nothing of the Game and I found it a great tale. Still think Episode 3 was the best and will bring home the Emmys later this year.

Not sure on that finale. The shift to likeable pseudo Dad felt rushed this episode.

Florence Nightingale syndrome. Ellie saved Joel’s life. It doesn’t surprise me Joel would feel this much compassion for Ellie this episode.

Preggas woman running through the hills. Y u run? How can you run when about to pop??

Attacked. Infected dead.

Oh baby is born. Yes!! Wait….shhhhh. Oh s**t SHE INFECTED NOW. Im gonna name you Ellie. I think.

Oh man the feels.

This is intense.

Here come the fireflies. Tell me you don’t sing this when you see them

Poor Ellie. Would’ve hurt her ears.

A giraffe! The symbol for guidance. Wonder how it got there. Probably via walking Im guessing.

Ill follow you where you go, says Ellie to Joel. Heart emoji.

Oh s**t. Bomb!

Thank god its the FFs oh s**t they gonna open her brain!

YEA JOEL * THEM UP!!!! HEAD SHOT!! Why didn’t he pick up the other blokes firearm?

Bye bye Marlene.

Wyoming. Go to the Yellowstone!

By Ellie having a couple of lines about Riley 'turning' it looks like they won't be coming back to that. It could have been a great scene.

By Ellie having a couple of lines about Riley 'turning' it looks like they won't be coming back to that. It could have been a great scene.
Yeh, was hoping to see that play out. This show was so good, it needed either another 3 episodes, or at least make them go an hour each.

I dont necessarily agree. It could come back as a flashback, or nightmare/dream sequence that ends with ellie waking upo startled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a good finale without hitting the highs of the previous episode a few earlier ones.

I thought the 2nd half was too rushed. It could have used an extra 20 mins in the runtime to allow the audience to process the weight and ramifications of the decisions made and then what ultimately happened

as a season of TV overall though, it was spectacular. An easy 9-9.5/10, maybe higher, and one of the best seasons of TV in a long time

Florence Nightingale syndrome. Ellie saved Joel’s life. It doesn’t surprise me Joel would feel this much compassion for Ellie this episode.

Also the guilt over what she went through.

Yep definitely felt alot darker in the tv show where as while playing you don't realise as much what you're actually doing.

Actually felt the opposite. With the exception of the one guard and Marlene was just faceless cutaways. In the game I cared more about the plight of the fireflies and the world in total. This was a bit rushed and the hyper focus on Joel and Ellie made the rest of the world seem empty.

I think the show would have been spectacular if each episode was close to 60 minutes run time.

Loved it.

I do wish it was 60 min run time with 10 episdes. That would have been better. The relationship of Joel and Elie felt rushed. More infected woul dhave been good but not a deal breaker for me.

Very much enjoyed this TV adapation.

Loved it.

I do wish it was 60 min run time with 10 episdes. That would have been better. The relationship of Joel and Elie felt rushed. More infected woul dhave been good but not a deal breaker for me.

Very much enjoyed this TV adapation.
Not having played the game the whole series was great tv for me - agree with the extra length

And have to also agree about the infected - while it wasnt a deal breaker for me as much as some - the danger still felt elsewhere or more about raiders and fireflys etc

I think some more interaction with infected and Ellie doesnt run through the giraffe enclosure - it seemed odd her caution was still absent ( but thats a minor nitpick)

Hopefully season 2 brings the same quality

“Speaking to GQ, co-creators Neil Druckmann (who directed the video game) and Craig Mazin discussed their plans for the second season of the show, following Sunday’s final episode of the hugely successful HBO adaptation.

Asked if season 2 will span the entire course of the second game, Mazin replied: “No. No way.” Druckmann added: “It’s more than one season”, seemingly confirming their intention for a season 3 of the show.

Asked how many seasons the second game content is intended to be told over, the pair would not confirm. “You have noted correctly that we will not say how many. But more than one is factually correct,” Mazin said.”

Now we have that confirmation. I was saying yesterday that we could see Season 2 in the middle of 2025, however, that was with the mindset that Season 2 would cover the entire second game. Now that it will seemingly cover half the second game, filming will take consideration less time to complete. 2024 is a good chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back