Toast The Lewis Young feel good thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like size has been one of his top two or three priorities this season Fronk. Caught me by surprise actually.

List is far better balanced with a young ruck prospect and 2 young key forwards now isn't it.

No idea if they can play or not, but the balance is right.

List is far better balanced with a young ruck prospect and 2 young key forwards now isn't it.

Also seems like the key forwards we have drafted also show some versatility to play a variety of roles. We have depth to cover every line now.

I'm much happier to balance our list with unproven talent than with proven mediocrity (see Carlton in the last 2-3 years).

Excited to see how they develop.

TBH I really think Young will be developed more back than forward.
We need a quick tall defender and kids who aren't 100% forward guns as juniors rarely make the grade as AFL level.

We rate character quite highly so getting him to work a zone is much easier than teaching forward craft. Even gun junior forwards take time to figure it out.

I'm much happier to balance our list with unproven talent than with proven mediocrity (see Carlton in the last 2-3 years).

Excited to see how they develop.

You don't think sumner, lamb, Kerridge, wright, plowman, phillips, jones, tutt, gorringe, jaksch, dick and whiley are key to Carlton's next flag tilt????

Don't want to be too rough. But he's s**t. Played against him and he missed a goal from the goal square. How he went at pick 49 with literally no output shows how silly the draft can be.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.
Playing against a key forward is literally impossible to judge there talent, whos to say he didnt have a bad day?
Maybe if you played with him you would have some credibility to judge as you can see things like training habits

I still played with plenty of footballers I thought were going to be complete hacks that ended up pretty handy. Ie Joe Danihere, Tommy sheriden
Likewise i've played with plenty of footballers that i thought would be guns that are now no good. Ie Liam Mcbean, Michael Talia, John O'rourke, Lachy Plowman

-A late birthday
-Athletes take a lot longer to develop than natural footballers

I would say his not going to be a star right away but when his in an AFL environment who knows, the sky is the limit with his athletic profile

None the less ridiculous post, you get drafted on potential

Don't want to be too rough. But he's s**t. Played against him and he missed a goal from the goal square. How he went at pick 49 with literally no output shows how silly the draft can be.
I am sure you are right. You would know more than Simon Dalyrymple and his recruiting team. You dick.

So not only are you a better judge of talent than Simon Dalrymple but you also have access to every club's draft board, wowee!

Not only is he a better judge, no doubt he is a better player as well.

If only '78 wasn't s**t. Was that too rough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very very excited about this kids debut.

Seen quite a few VFL games this season and he has impressed me in quite a few.

I know that the term 'potential' is often used for a lukewarm assessment of a player's worth but in Young's case it refers to all sorts of possibilities. He has many attributes that could see him used in a variety of roles. I'm not expecting a Chris Grant type debut but I'm just happy to see us give him an opportunity - at last - I can attend this week with just a bit of excitement and eagerness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back