The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...tes-debate-about-liberal-partys-women-problem

So this means that in their opinion there are only a small handful of women up to the challenge of being the equal of a bloke in the parliamentary Liberal Party. I mean, if you have a clear institutional bias against women and refuse to change anything, if the problem then doesn't solve itself it clearly means there wasn't a problem in the first place!
It’s up to the public to given them 50-50 by voting them out of enough seats that only 9 men remain as well

The Liberal Party has been around for 80 years.

They've never had a female federal leader in all that time.

And are still pretending it's must just be pure coincidence? It's always been merit based?

Even if you extend to the states and territories, it's Gladys B and Kate Carnell. (surely I'm missing one?)

Only the bible-thumping manifest destiny brigade of the LNP could continue to push that barrow.

The problem with the LNP and women is that the men the LNP elect won't vote for women to lead them. Women know this, so don't join the party. The problem is with the men, not the quality of the women, as those men would want you to believe.

The Liberal Party has been around for 80 years.

They've never had a female federal leader in all that time.

And are still pretending it's must just be pure coincidence? It's always been merit based?

Even if you extend to the states and territories, it's Gladys B and Kate Carnell. (surely I'm missing one?)

Only the bible-thumping manifest destiny brigade of the LNP could continue to push that barrow.

The problem with the LNP and women is that the men the LNP elect won't vote for women to lead them. Women know this, so don't join the party. The problem is with the men, not the quality of the women, as those men would want you to believe.
Julie Bishop treatment was a low point for the Liberals. She was (even for all her faults) easily the best option for the LNP at that time.

The SA Liberals are lurching even further to the right with Cory Bernardi wannabe and Sky News regular Alex Antic becoming more influential by the day after having booted former Minister and Shadow Cabinet member Anne Ruston from the top spot on the SA Senate ticket.

The SA Liberals are lurching even further to the right with Cory Bernardi wannabe and Sky News regular Alex Antic becoming more influential by the day after having booted former Minister and Shadow Cabinet member Anne Ruston from the top spot on the SA Senate ticket.

What could go wrong?

Wokeness is nowhere near as hysterical as the reaction to it.
Starting to hear some colleagues/friends/family often drop that word in conversation, usually "they are too woke" that sort of thing.

My response every time is simple:

"What do you mean?"

Sometimes, I actually get a coherent answer along the lines of something being too progressive, waste of taxpayer's money, that sort of thing.

But more often than not, it's more a stunned mullet kind of look, a nebulous "I dunno I don't like it" sort of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberals are now losing their minds over labor abandoning the religious freedoms bill.

I'm not sure it is even possible Dutton could be more out of touch.

Good. Could only have provided Dutton with another miscevious platform

And aren’t they against ‘vanity projects’? Scomo wasted enough resources on it little else in parliament for months

And now she's openly speaking about the sexism.

Sadly for Julie that ship has sailed. The only Liberals left are conservative dullards and woman will never have a meaningful place in the party again.

I found this line in the article particularly funny - "She wishes others, including the media, had expressed more outrage at the time" - the media are the protection racket that allow the whole thing. Of all the things to be critical of the media over

It's taken 3 years but now the Greens have secured the release of colour-coded spreadsheets related to the community sport infrastructure grant program and the “talking points” document. I was pleased to see Bridget 'Rorts' McKenzie emphasis on 'marginals', vigorous defence of the pork barrelling scheme and advocating for a much larger budget.

It's taken 3 years but now the Greens have secured the release of colour-coded spreadsheets related to the community sport infrastructure grant program and the “talking points” document. I was pleased to see Bridget 'Rorts' McKenzie emphasis on 'marginals', vigorous defence of the pork barrelling scheme and advocating for a much larger budget.

No doubt her partner Simon Benson will be impartial in his weekly article in the Australian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back