The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. Where did you get the figures?
This is for 2019
1667124500619.png

This is for 2019
View attachment 1546152

I await the results for the last election. ;)

Since we are on the topic, this just happened:

Mr Wilson was appointed 13 months ago and re-elected three months ago

Meanwhile, the ones that were identified in the review that probably need to go are - guess what - still there. Wonder who won that battle despite the token acknowledgement from the Liberal Party leader of his contributions blah blah.

I think at this point the libs are so completely in thrall to corporate interest & existing in a self reinforcing bubble created by the culture warriors of the Murdoch media that they have no relation to what was once the liberal party.

Murdoch is trying to use the same template that has so comprehensively destroyed the GOP in the US.

At this point I’m actually baffled what it is Murdoch is trying to achieve. How does it benefit him to so utterly fracture society?
I have no idea what the long game is. Civil war? Then what?

Fortunately that s**t doesn’t fly here. I hope they never hold power again.

I think at this point the libs are so completely in thrall to corporate interest & existing in a self reinforcing bubble created by the culture warriors of the Murdoch media that they have no relation to what was once the liberal party.

Murdoch is trying to use the same template that has so comprehensively destroyed the GOP in the US.

At this point I’m actually baffled what it is Murdoch is trying to achieve. How does it benefit him to so utterly fracture society?
I have no idea what the long game is. Civil war? Then what?

Fortunately that s**t doesn’t fly here. I hope they never hold power again.
If you say the USA is divided close to 50/50 on political lines, then about 5 networks get to share one half of the market and Murdoch gets the other half of the market all to himself.

All Murdoch is trying to achieve is increased market share. Even if it ends in civil war he will still have half of the market to himself.

not only a hypocrite but an average human being. which is why corangamite sent her packing only 2 b saved by scummo getting her into the senate. she is illustrative of all that’s wrong with the libs. no moral compass. porky-pie teller. sneaky.

billions. then there were the blatant lies about about the franking credits - billions more. looking after the rich is etched in the very souls of conservatives.

That is a national disgrace. The campaigners watered it down to nothing the first time. Then scrapped it al together. Then put the gas companies in charge of the "Gas Led Recovery"

And Murdoch sold the whole s**t sandwich to bunch of idiots

Looking like the end of days for the LNP. At what point do the Nationals who have far safer seats decide they want to be masters of their own fate instead of being tied to a sinking ship that's increasingly losing ground in the inner city suburbs it's long relied upon.

Looking like the end of days for the LNP. At what point do the Nationals who have far safer seats decide they want to be masters of their own fate instead of being tied to a sinking ship that's increasingly losing ground in the inner city suburbs it's long relied upon.
Unfortunately for Australia the Nats still need the Libs to leapfrog them to their totally undeserved proximity to Treasury.

Unless the Libs get SO bad they’re barely getting any seats at all (not impossible) the coalition will continue, to the country’s great detriment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

milligan has challenged henderson 2 repeat the remarks outside cowards castle. she won’t. she’s a nasty piece of work. given the arse by the good peeps of corangamite and saved by a corrupt p.m

Looks like the future is being determined by Pentecostal zealots intent on the end of times

In their defence, they're never going to get elected any other way. 😉

billions. then there were the blatant lies about about the franking credits - billions more. looking after the rich is etched in the very souls of conservatives.

Taking billions from the public purse and giving it to the elites is worth it if you can own 'dA iNnEr CeEtY eLiTeS' :drunk:

Peter Reith was a filthy piece of s**t in keeping with the Liberal Party which Howard created in his own image which persist to this day.

The disgraceful architect of the "children overboard" scandal and the person who used Dubai trained, balaclava wearing thugs to attack maritime workers and their children and wives with the use of vicious alsatians.

The is the born-to-rule pig who used his ministerial phone card as just another source of funds for his decrepit, self serving family like some kind of mafioso. This piece of s**t reckoned he was "born to plot".

Good riddance to the scum.

So what is the alternative?

We have a 2PP system . What is going to replace the LNP?

Or if it gets belted in the polls does it just move back closer to the centre and re attract its lost voters ?
The 2PP system is not going to last forever. It is already collapsing.

Australia will inevitably move to a European model of multiple minor parties forming coalitions. Julia Gillard was the first taste - this will become the norm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back