Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Is the lid off?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The jar is wide open, the lid has gone missing and never to be found again. 25% of us calling a premiership. Great times ahead. Let’s go!!!! I like fast players.

There will be a 2024 version of this thread.

I am preparing the appropriate memes.

We are in premiership territory.
How do I know this? The number of players that have played over a hundred games is a clear indication.

Looking at the Best 23 listed below we have in 2024:
12 players with over one hundred games.
With Hamling on 91 games.
Rowbottom 94 games.
Fox 87 games.

At the end of 2024 we will have probably 15 players with over 100 games experience.
And possibly 8 of those over 200 games.
And one over 300.

We are in the window. With the additions of Grundy and Adams and their synergy this is a big bonus. Jordon adds to the midfield with his height and experience at the pointy end. Hamling could be the one player that makes our defence, complementing McCartin and Rampe. A nice tall trio. Blakey the wild card.

And I have not included Mills and Reid. Add 2 and that is 17 out of a possible 23 .

SS List.png

Last edited:
If anything holds us back it'll be our midfield. With the loss of Mills for half the season I'm not sure Grundy and Adams addition will be enough to get us over the line.

Heeney and Papley will continue to play midfield minutes and it'll be needed. This will make our small to medium forwards weaker.

You can see why the addition of Jordon is so important as he can help ease the load across the board.

We're in a real strong spot but you will have 5 other teams all saying the same thing

If anything holds us back it'll be our midfield. With the loss of Mills for half the season I'm not sure Grundy and Adams addition will be enough to get us over the line.

Heeney and Papley will continue to play midfield minutes and it'll be needed. This will make our small to medium forwards weaker.

You can see why the addition of Jordon is so important as he can help ease the load across the board.

We're in a real strong spot but you will have 5 other teams all saying the same thing
I think right or wrong the coaches will want Gulden on the inside more and the recruitment of Jordon allows that.

How do I know this? The number of players that have played over a hundred games is a clear indication.

Rowbottom 94 games.
Fox 87 games.

At the end of 2024 we will have probably 15 players with over 100 games experience.
And one over 300.

We are in the window. With the additions of Grundy and Adams and their synergy this is a big bonus. Jordon adds to the midfield with his height and experience at the pointy end. Hamling could be the one player that makes our defence, complementing McCartin and Rampe. A nice tall trio. Blakey the wild card.

And I have not included Mills and Reid. Add 2 and that is 17 out of a possible 23 .

View attachment 1868500

Why is there detailed statistical analysis in my lid thread?

This thread is about the vibe.

the-castle-the-vibe.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowbottom 94 games.
Fox 87 games.

And one over 300.

View attachment 1868500
I agree, I am very bullish on 24.

I only see Pies, Dees and Lions as a threat.

I think Carlton will be pushing for top 4 as well. They play like they did in the second half for the whole season and they'll easily be top 2
The top 6 will be very competitive and very close. GWS, possibly either Adelaide team as well as us. Injuries will play a part and close matches will be crucial. We will not be able to drop the close ones like we did last year.
Finishing strongly will be vital.
Top 4 will be hard to get and hard to maintain.

The top 6 will be very competitive and very close. GWS, possibly either Adelaide team as well as us. Injuries will play a part and close matches will be crucial. We will not be able to drop the close ones like we did last year.
I agree with this Mr Kiama but I am very surprised that The King has not posted saying we will p1ss this in ?

The loss of Paddy McCartin last year hurt us like a stab in the guts. We staggered around for quite a few rounds after that until we got it together late and surged into the eight. All a little too late.
The addition of Grundy makes us likely to get more first use of the ball.
Adams will be a monster on the inside and synergistic with Grundy
3 preseasons into Sheldrick, Roberts and Corey Warner will see some breakouts. They will be ready when needed.
Mitchell had wraps on him last preseason. Nothing eventuated. Another preseason. What can he deliver?
Jordon adds height. I expect him to be getting some grabs out on the wing as we transition from defence.
Can Gulden possibly get even better? I think so. He will benefit from a better team around him too. Ruck is hopefully fixed. Inside with Adams makes us better. Hamling down back. Jordon out wide. He can concentrate on just a few things a not have to worry about being the everywhere man. Though he is very good at that.
Warner has a bit to prove. Not to us but too himself. I don't think he would have been 100% happy with his 2023 year. I expect him to be very determined and explosive.
I hope Hamling does have a big year and stays injury free. His best is exactly what we need. McCartin and Rampe need him at his best to help them do all the little things that need to be done. If he can take the monsters out, it will lead to a much better defence.
Campbells 2023 showed why he was a number 5 pick. His finish in the 2k time trial shows he is in ripping nick. I look forward to watching him kicking some big bombs inside 50.
The big 3 without Buddy demanding the ball will get more ball. I hope Amartey stays injury free. His best is match winning. McDonald has the keys to the inside 50 now. He has enough preseasons to produce a very big year and collect some huge dollars at the end of it with a new long term deal. McClean is Mister No Worries. He is robust and injury free and very good at contesting the ball. Always amazes me when he comes up with the ball consistently. Love the big fella.
I hope Konstanty is over his injuries. We need another annoying mosquito up front displaying Papley like antics after kicking impossible goals.
Our VFL team looks good on paper. Tall. Yes. Very tall. Yeah. But I don't care. Talls have been our Achilles heel in the last few years. In the draft and trade period we picked up 2 rucks and 2 KPDs. We now have 7 KPDs, 4 rucks, 5 KPFs. I think there will be players in the VFL every week that will have 1 eye on the game they are playing and 1 eye on a spot in the ones. I don't think there will be too many passengers this year. Everyone will be vying for spots in the top team and improving themselves. Competition for spots in the ones will be fierce and hopefully spur everyone on to secure a flag in 2024.

The loss of Paddy McCartin last year hurt us like a stab in the guts. We staggered around for quite a few rounds after that until we got it together late and surged into the eight. All a little too late.
The addition of Grundy makes us likely to get more first use of the ball.
Adams will be a monster on the inside and synergistic with Grundy
3 preseasons into Sheldrick, Roberts and Corey Warner will see some breakouts. They will be ready when needed.
Mitchell had wraps on him last preseason. Nothing eventuated. Another preseason. What can he deliver?
Jordon adds height. I expect him to be getting some grabs out on the wing as we transition from defence.
Can Gulden possibly get even better? I think so. He will benefit from a better team around him too. Ruck is hopefully fixed. Inside with Adams makes us better. Hamling down back. Jordon out wide. He can concentrate on just a few things a not have to worry about being the everywhere man. Though he is very good at that.
Warner has a bit to prove. Not to us but too himself. I don't think he would have been 100% happy with his 2023 year. I expect him to be very determined and explosive.
I hope Hamling does have a big year and stays injury free. His best is exactly what we need. McCartin and Rampe need him at his best to help them do all the little things that need to be done. If he can take the monsters out, it will lead to a much better defence.
Campbells 2023 showed why he was a number 5 pick. His finish in the 2k time trial shows he is in ripping nick. I look forward to watching him kicking some big bombs inside 50.
The big 3 without Buddy demanding the ball will get more ball. I hope Amartey stays injury free. His best is match winning. McDonald has the keys to the inside 50 now. He has enough preseasons to produce a very big year and collect some huge dollars at the end of it with a new long term deal. McClean is Mister No Worries. He is robust and injury free and very good at contesting the ball. Always amazes me when he comes up with the ball consistently. Love the big fella.
I hope Konstanty is over his injuries. We need another annoying mosquito up front displaying Papley like antics after kicking impossible goals.
Our VFL team looks good on paper. Tall. Yes. Very tall. Yeah. But I don't care. Talls have been our Achilles heel in the last few years. In the draft and trade period we picked up 2 rucks and 2 KPDs. We now have 7 KPDs, 4 rucks, 5 KPFs. I think there will be players in the VFL every week that will have 1 eye on the game they are playing and 1 eye on a spot in the ones. I don't think there will be too many passengers this year. Everyone will be vying for spots in the top team and improving themselves. Competition for spots in the ones will be fierce and hopefully spur everyone on to secure a flag in 2024.
Pretty spot on Rusty.
Hamling vs Melican for the second lockdown.
Jordon fighting his way into the team.
Maybe later in the season Konstanty vs Wicks.
We have probably the best injury cover 🤞 I can remember.
KB and co have done a good job in the last half year or so getting the list into shape and still having some decent cattle in the pipeline.
We'll still need a little bit of luck but that's always the way.

Back