Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t seen the full list of nominations, but I imagine Ludwig Goransson is a recipient? He’s excellent at his craft.

24 is a pretty decent result, perhaps lots of the technical categories in there.

The Mandalorian is plenty entertaining, but the idea that it is one of the best 5? 10? shows produced in the past 12 months is surely taking the piss a little.
Agree.

TM to me is a charming B-Grade show. Just like Dark Matter was. Charming and fun, kinda immersive, but also shallow story-telling and writing. I think Dark Matter was a LOT better than TM but TM reminds of that.

You do realise that Emmy nominations aren't done by some panel on experts? Anyone can be nominated, and most of the nominations are done by the studios themselves.

That's how Game of Thrones ended up with 32 nominations for it's final season - despite the entire season being a complete abomination, which should have been terminal to the careers of all involved. This is how Alfie Allen, Peter Dinklage, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau all ended up being nominated for Best Supporting Actor; similarly Gwendoline Christie, Lena Headey**, Sophie Turner & Maisie Williams were all nominated for Best Supporting Actress. Most of them nominated themselves.

** Nominated, despite doing nothing in the entire season, except for standing on the balcony and gazing into the distance.

Being nominated for an Emmy is almost completely meaningless. Actually winning one, on the other hand...

You do realise that Emmy nominations aren't done by some panel on experts? Anyone can be nominated, and most of the nominations are done by the studios themselves.

That's how Game of Thrones ended up with 32 nominations for it's final season - despite the entire season being a complete abomination, which should have been terminal to the careers of all involved. This is how Alfie Allen, Peter Dinklage, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau all ended up being nominated for Best Supporting Actor; similarly Gwendoline Christie, Lena Headey**, Sophie Turner & Maisie Williams were all nominated for Best Supporting Actress. Most of them nominated themselves.

** Nominated, despite doing nothing in the entire season, except for standing on the balcony and gazing into the distance.

Being nominated for an Emmy is almost completely meaningless. Actually winning one, on the other hand...
Sure, but at some point they have to whittle it down. There are eight nominees in the Best Drama category, I'd be surprised if most couldn't think of a number of other shows more deserving, even if we didn't get shows like Better Call Saul or Fargo underwhelmed for many this year. For me, The Mandalorian is fun, a bit above guilty pleasure, but not prestige drama.

Actually no…three pages of non Mandalorian content breaks up the monotony

Probably will win 23…but Best Drama…come on, it’s not like I cried in those last 2 minutes or anything

And the winner of best stick it to the deepfake community is....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Book of Boba Fett is still due this December I believe. Very keen for that, I have high hopes after his redemption in the last few episodes of The Mandalorian.

Reckon there could be a link in to Bad Batch too.

Wasn't that the class of ship?
Yes.

At this stage it appears they're going with that over Boba Fett's ship. Can't quite say it's official but surely we can certainly say Slave 1 is gone, those saying it was just a marketing thing were wrong.

Tell your sisters... You were wrong.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Unless I’m mistaken, the words “Slave 1” have never been said in any of the films etc right? It’s just always been known as Slave 1. So whether it’s official or unofficial, or Firespray or not, I guess I’ll always know it as Slave 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back