Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgess was only with us the one year in 2007? correct?

2005-07 from memory. Andrew Russell left straight after the flag.

Think you'll find he was there for the entire match;) In any case a brilliant move by Port.:thumbsu:
Supposedly the material will be released in a couple of tranches on Fox Footy. I don't know if in individual shows or as segments of existing shows. As for brilliant, retrospectively yes. Can you imagine however if we were the Melbourne in that equation? I wouldn't be so keen on it being released then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nod to AFL360 tonight

Great promo of the lead up to Saturdays J-Mac tribute.

Yep we have had 4 great days on AFL 360. Kochie on 3AW was good value.

Was it like this in late 1996 and early 1997 when we first entered, in Adelaide media? or did Blighty steal the limelight?

I'm even wondering whether this is an AFL directive to expose us more on a national stage ?

We've certainly made it easier for them with our flawless pre season and Rd 1 result... But I cant help but think that this is being done on purpose.

I'm even wondering whether this is an AFL directive to expose us more on a national stage ?

We've certainly made it easier for them with our flawless pre season and Rd 1 result... But I cant help but think that this is being done on purpose.

I wonder whether it is Kochie's Eastern seaboard group using their influence.

Step-by-step guide on how to write an article about Port Adelaide.
by Mark Ricciuto.
  1. Make an obvious statement.
  2. Supporting sentence for obvious statement.
  3. Another supporting sentence, unrelated to the first.
  4. Idea about the topic pinched from Rucci.
  5. Random sentence.
  6. Reference to the Crows.
  7. Reference to Port's finances.
  8. Pithy one-liner pinched from Rucci.
  9. Obvious statement phrased as if insightful wisdom.
  10. Repeat an unfounded rumour regarding Port's finances.
  11. Reference to Sando and how well he's done at the Crows.
  12. Another random sentence.
  13. Mention Malcolm Blight.
  14. Reference to Alipate Carlile's weight.
  15. Statement that implies connections within AFL circles.
  16. Prediction that echoes 90% of football supporters predictions made over a month ago.
  17. List of players that everyone knows.
  18. Cliché about luck.
  19. A few more random sentences.
  20. Summary that predicts tough times ahead.
  21. Subliminal reference to the Crows as 'big boys'

or;
1. make long drawn out noise like a runny fart burbling down a drunks leg
2. get someone who can write without crayon to transcribe noise to paper
3. profit

I'm even wondering whether this is an AFL directive to expose us more on a national stage ? ......
Do you honestly believe that the media would give us good press just because the AFL gave them a directive to do so?

Andy D : Graham, the AFL would like you and Stephen to give Port Adelaide lots of positive press now that they are going to get their licence from the SANFL and we are going to be bank rolling them until they get back on their feet financially.
Wrinkles : No worries Andrew. Stephen and I have always had the utmost respect for the cash strapped basket case Port Powers Football Club.

Do you honestly believe that the media would give us good press just because the AFL gave them a directive to do so?

Andy D : Graham, the AFL would like you and Stephen to give Port Adelaide lots of positive press now that they are going to get their licence from the SANFL and we are going to be bank rolling them until they get back on their feet financially.
Wrinkles : No worries Andrew. Stephen and I have always had the utmost respect for the cash strapped basket case Poort Powerz Adelaide lite franchize corp.

There you are wharfie, now its more believable! :eek:

Wrinkles : No worries Andrew. Stephen and I have always had the utmost respect for the cash strapped basket case Port Powers Football Club.

I wonder if eastern advisory group member and News Ltd CEO and Foxtel and Fox Sports board member Kim Williams had had a chat to a few people at his organisations.

Wrinkles has been on annual/long service leave for most of the last 4 weeks.

Wharfie, that's an 8 pointer in the Rag Slam PAFC competition - be careful, you might just beat Felstupid and Crapel.

http://boundforglorynews.com/fans-urged-to-acknowledge-ports-progress/

This is a really positive article so it can go here, but it also says we lost Nick Salter at the end of the 2011 season and that our match against Carlton was our only memorable game last year (would have had North and possibly St K games there) so I guess it may belong in the shakes head thread too?

http://boundforglorynews.com/fans-urged-to-acknowledge-ports-progress/

This is a really positive article so it can go here, but it also says we lost Nick Salter at the end of the 2011 season and that our match against Carlton was our only memorable game last year (would have had North and possibly St K games there) so I guess it may belong in the shakes head thread too?
We had a lot of memorable games last year. Trouble is, most of them were bad memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back