Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope/trust/pray(i'm not religious btw) that the contract/memorandum of assoc/understanding or whatever is/reflects
benefits to us commiserate to the vision/hard work by yourself and the club. It's our only defence to skullduggery

Also let's just make sure that we win this game and lots of other games and then the flag.

If Ports wins the 2017 AFL Premiership...

...then Kochie will get blind and scream 'Venom Denham you were WRONG!!!' at full tilt whilst riding the Cash Cow live on Sunrise.

So we bought the home game off of them ,then we have purchased it so it would now make it ours.
Did we buy the game off them or pay them to host us in Shanghai?

I haven't seen the contract so I don't know how it is worded but the AFL is treating it as a Suns home game and as they control the competition it is what they say that goes not the opinion of people on HumongousSherrin. :)

Last edited:
So we bought the home game off of them ,then we have purchased it so it would now make it ours.
I don't particularly care whose home game it is: I just want to win it!!!

From Koch-

Power president David Koch on Friday night revealed the demand is in the contract between the two clubs after Port Adelaide bought the rights to Gold Coast’s home game in order to take it to China.

From Koch-

Power president David Koch on Friday night revealed the demand is in the contract between the two clubs after Port Adelaide bought the rights to Gold Coast’s home game in order to take it to China.

So we didn't buy the ability to change it to our home game, but the rights associated with it. Like I said - technically in the fixture it's still Gold Coast's home game but in reality it's ours.

From Koch-

Koch also said that it is in the contract that Gold Coast must wear their white guernsey, something that both the AFL and Gold Coast say isn't true.

If its in the contract and Gold Coast has signed the contract and the AFL has signed off as well, then its not a demand but a contractual obligation for Gold Coast.
But if as others are speculating the AFL wants to white wash over Ports efforts and take all the credit for it self, especially if our push into China is a success, then having the Suns play in their red and yellow hole strip is right up their ally.
I can see them trying to push Port out of an annual game and using it as a sort of marquee annual game where they'll send the big Victorian clubs and Sydney.

We bought the game off them so that we could host the game in Shanghai. They sold their 'home' game to us which means it's
not their home game anymore....simples.
May be simples to you but that is clearly not how the AFL see it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we didn't buy the ability to change it to our home game, but the rights associated with it. Like I said - technically in the fixture it's still Gold Coast's home game but in reality it's ours.
Anyone know how much we paid? I thought the AFL paid GC

Lets hope/trust/pray(i'm not religious btw) that the contract/memorandum of assoc/understanding or whatever is/reflects
benefits to us commiserate to the vision/hard work by yourself and the club. It's our only defence to skullduggery
Hey me old mate worry not ... listen for a bulletin in the middle of this week that unless I'm mistaken will be commensurate :D with the grin on your face and have the skullduggers at Docklands and the desperately tiny minds at West Lakes commiserating :'( with each other. As Deng Xiaoping would pragmatically declare: "It matters not if a guernsey is red or white ... it's a good guernsey if it plays in Shanghai against Port Adelaide ... and loses."

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/19/denham-says-time-for-port-adelaide-to-focus-on-football/

4039197_700b.jpg

"They’ve gone Hollywood, they’ve talked the talk since they had that miraculous rise a couple of years ago and haven’t performed since,” Denham said

I have no idea who Denham is but he is not that wrong.

Gone Hollywood? Head down bum up in Shanghai trying to guarantee the clubs financial future is going Hollywood?

That makes Denham Tom Cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back