Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting to get a link from my mate in relation to Brad Sheppard at the delegates meeting in Melbourne, earlier this year. Reckons that Cotchins comment at this meeting are beautifully hypocritical.

Someone just posted this on the rumours thread:

Not really a rumor as opposed to a fact I know but think this thread is where I would put it

Trent Cotchin in early March said he would not go into any hub under any circumstances. Meeting was between a bunch of AFL head honchos and a representative of each club. Brad Sheppard and Trent Cotchin were each sides. Meeting happened once the season was called off and options put out. His narrative changed when announced it was to be a Eagles/Freo/Adelaide/Port only hub. He was all of a sudden very much for it and voted in its favour. Cotchin didnt know Brad Sheppard was present at both of these meetings and essentially Brad called him out on it in the middle of the meeting. Cotchin just had to sit there and take it

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-01/the-curious-case-of-nat-fyfe-afl-fremantle-dockers/12404080

I like the line at the end, “Those same people who criticise Fyfe will give the Dockers scant chance of winning without him.”
You could also fill a volume of books with the negative comments Malthouse and Cornes (the two most prominent critics in that story) make about Freo. Even in praise they're reserved and have caveats and if there's a negative angle to any Freo story, you can guarantee they'll take it. They're pretty negative blokes in the media anyway, but reserve that little bit extra for Freo.

You could also fill a volume of books with the negative comments Malthouse and Cornes (the two most prominent critics in that story) make about Freo. Even in praise they're reserved and have caveats and if there's a negative angle to any Freo story, you can guarantee they'll take it. They're pretty negative blokes in the media anyway, but reserve that little bit extra for Freo.
Listening to Malthouse on talkback is excruciating. So often they have to cut him off from one of his long winded reply’s to go to the news or an interview.

How he got the players back on the field in time at the breaks when coaching is beyond me.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I like listening to Malthouse on talkback.

He has said positive things about us but I admit it's mainly negative when talking about Freo - but guess what? We're very average and have been for a long period of time. The Fyfe stuff does piss me off but unfortunately it's not a view exclusive to Malthouse atm. Like alot of commentators he's the sort who's only going to be converted when we get some team success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The primary issue with media comment on Fremantle is that they don't usually have an understanding of Fremantle because there hasn't been a need for us to pass over their desk, so they default to what they see as the usual suspects.

No Pav, no Freo
No Sandi, no Freo
No Fyfe, no Freo

Freo need a key forward to replace Pavlich etc etc

Listening to Malthouse on talkback is excruciating. So often they have to cut him off from one of his long winded reply’s to go to the news or an interview.

How he got the players back on the field in time at the breaks when coaching is beyond me.
Classic Malthouse was during the ANZAC weekend 720 Sportstalk and Middlemas asked him, because there's no ANZAC game on, to give the fans a taste with a few anecdotes from the games he's coached. What he did instead was regale a FIGJAM story where he supposedly had a healing effect on the life of a Vet by merely being in his presence while they were in the same bar on holidays in Singapore or somewhere.

Classic Malthouse was during the ANZAC weekend 720 Sportstalk and Middlemas asked him, because there's no ANZAC game on, to give the fans a taste with a few anecdotes from the games he's coached. What he did instead was regale a FIGJAM story where he supposedly had a healing effect on the life of a Vet by merely being in his presence while they were in the same bar on holidays in Singapore or somewhere.
He is completely mad btw. Hats off to him for remaining functional in society his whole career.

He’s closer to needing a nappy than being able to coach a footy team

The primary issue with media comment on Fremantle is that they don't usually have an understanding of Fremantle because there hasn't been a need for us to pass over their desk, so they default to what they see as the usual suspects.

No Pav, no Freo
No Sandi, no Freo
No Fyfe, no Freo

Freo need a key forward to replace Pavlich etc etc
Also, correct if i am wrong, Freo's has done OK historically when Fyfe was missing via injury/suspension etc

Got a freight for a moment when I thought Western was wearring a GWS guernsey!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we were the same without Pav too. But I can’t remember.

Anyone got the stats?

Put simply, without Pav & Fyfe, Freo game plans to the opposition is un-predictable.

When they are there, coaches know that we will go through Pav, or Fyfe will be running through for a break away.

In fact it allows others to blossom, as I know elite sportsmen love to push themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back