Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the really credible and sound list in the ST today that had Notacluey as AFL #1 player and Eagle Rioli in the top 50. I’ve used the same top level analysis to generate a list of the best players in the games history. I didn’t have time to do a top 50 so went with top 10.

Seems a real legit list to me:

1- Anthony Rocca
2- Leigh Matthews
4- Gary Ablett Jnr
5- Dan Parker
6- Matthew Hogg
7- Dustin Martin
8- Ilga Grgic
9- Gary Ablett Snr
10- Tom Swift

Gotta be honest, I think this list has it nailed better than the one in the rag today
Pettrucelli stiff to miss out

The "we extrapolate all players to 100 per cent game time" is Champion's greatest bit of offseason trolling yet.

Can’t read the article, but please can someone explain how a player who hasn’t played for 12+ months, is listed in the best 50 ?.

I can see how a Martin, Fyfe & Danger might be rated still in the best 50 after a season of but Wayward Willie ?.

Message to Champion Data, the public are laughing at you.

Is he ******* serious? In what planet is this kind of ‘reporting’ even remotely appropriate? I didn’t think even he could stoop this low...

0ECAB479-1097-4ADF-B1C1-BBBFBD2D5C05.jpeg
Sacred privacy? Yep you’ve given them that.
Gay romance? They’re life partners.
Their sex life - surely not for public comment.
What’s not to like? What’s not to like (or to like) about anyone’s relationship?

On this weekend of all weekends, during Pride Round, he’s reduced their life to ‘a gay romance’ that’s about footy, sex and a golden retriever.

Vile, depraved pervert. Show some ******* respect you filthy *.

Is he ******* serious? In what planet is this kind of ‘reporting’ even remotely appropriate? I didn’t think even he could stoop this low...

View attachment 1053422
What’s not to like? What’s not to like (or to like) about anyone’s relationship?

On this weekend of all weekends, during Pride Round, he’s reduced their life to ‘a gay romance’ that’s about footy, sex and a golden retriever.

Vile, depraved pervert. Show some ******* respect you filthy fu**.
Unbelievable..
Robbo reminds me of the piss tank uncle you don’t leave your children alone with.

View attachment 1053422

Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.

I started typing a response three times and I just don’t have the words. Where to even start with this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Generally speaking and just as a face-value, objective fact, male lesbian fantasies indicate much of what is wrong with men. But a Robbo lesbian fantasy takes wrong out the back near where the skips are and projectile vomits straight into its mouth.

Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.

I started typing a response three times and I just don’t have the words. Where to even start with this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Likewise.

My 72 year old Dad (from the UK) refers to anyone from SE Asia as 'Orientals'. No matter how many times I pick him up on it (and he apologises) I cringe. But, I tell myself that he's from a generation where this (and a lot worse) was normalised behaviour.

So, I was about to try and make the same excuse for Robbo, but then I realised he's not a Boomer, he's only six years older than me and his formative years were the 80s/90s not the 60s/70s like my Dad. And he has also chosen a profession where his words are read by thousands - so f*** him, no excuses for that trash.

[QUOTE=" And he has also chosen a profession where his words are read by thousands - so f*** him, no excuses for that trash.
[/QUOTE]
Time to out the jerks..Robinson, McGuire....etc.

Lets start a fund.." I'll put in 10 grand straight away...and if HE stays under ,50. What do you reckon guys?"

View attachment 1053422

Wow it like going back 50 years in time.

Has this generated the outrage in social media that it deserves?

Wow it like going back 50 years in time.

Has this generated the outrage in social media that it deserves?
I’ve only seen one thread on Twitter, and it didn’t have a lot of traction at the time. It was early after it had been posted so hopefully the backlash followed soon after. That’s where I found the photo.

He’s also the pig that wrote that Erin Phillips and her wife’s (brief) kiss was ‘a touch sensual for a lot of men out there’.

He has history.
He is a sleazy grime. No interest in reading any of his material. He does it regularly with a sly smile. Be rid of the grime and have journos that talk about footy and value add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo wouldn’t even remember writing that women’s football article, that was 2 bottles of Jack’s ago.🥴

I’m amazed that the article got approved by the Chief Editor.

Put simply, the tripe that was written, would not pass the “pub test”.

Take a walk Slobbo, to the tune of Suzi Quattro ......... and don’t come back.

Likewise.

My 72 year old Dad (from the UK) refers to anyone from SE Asia as 'Orientals'. No matter how many times I pick him up on it (and he apologises) I cringe. But, I tell myself that he's from a generation where this (and a lot worse) was normalised behaviour.

So, I was about to try and make the same excuse for Robbo, but then I realised he's not a Boomer, he's only six years older than me and his formative years were the 80s/90s not the 60s/70s like my Dad. And he has also chosen a profession where his words are read by thousands - so f*** him, no excuses for that trash.
I agree with you, but he is a Gen X-er, not a Boomer (I'm also 53) :(

I agree with you, but he is a Gen X-er, not a Boomer (I'm also 53) :(

That's what I said - he's not a Boomer.

I do think some of the more entrenched attitudes towards homosexuality kind of divide around those born before 1972 and those born afterwards. AIDS suddenly exploded into the public awareness in the 1984-86 period and in retrospect the general narrative shifted briefly to homosexuality being something dangerous, to then being something that was spoken alongside heterosexuality. Schools couldn't sweep homosexuality under the carpet and now covered it during sex ed classes alongside heterosexual relations. Certainly, by the time I got to high school in the last 80s it was much more normalised than it would have been pre-1986 and the huge government campaign (in the UK) about how AIDS was an STD that didn't discriminate.

Sorry I misread your post.
I'm an oldie (born before 1972), but I don't fit the oldie stereotype
Some of my best friends are LGBQTI
For mine it's like worrying if a person is a scruncher or a folder. What they do in private is their own business

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry I misread your post.
I'm an oldie (born before 1972), but I don't fit the oldie stereotype
Some of my best friends are LGBQTI
For mine it's like worrying if a person is a scruncher or a folder. What they do in private is their own business

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No I won't have that.
Scrunchers are the devil's spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back