THE MIGHTY GIANTS - 2016 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think 16,000 would be well within reach for the season based on the strong numbers to date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our season in Sydney doesn't start until April 30th, and it's pretty short, between April 30th -August 20th, only 4 months.

But hopefully it will be extended this year. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are rapidly catching the Suns, who are at 10,700 odd. The last couple of years they have been well out in front. They are our only real yard stick. Given the potential of our drawing area across GWS, southern NSW and Canberra, we should catch and overtake the Suns in the next few years.

We are rapidly catching the Suns, who are at 10,700 odd. The last couple of years they have been well out in front. They are our only real yard stick. Given the potential of our drawing area across GWS, southern NSW and Canberra, we should catch and overtake the Suns in the next few years.

Now at 11,206 and the Suns 11,265 and it's certainly been a long time since our numbers have been that close to the Suns.

Now at 11,206 and the Suns 11,265 and it's certainly been a long time since our numbers have been that close to the Suns.
Nice. We're looking pretty good to overtake them this year given that we should see a bit of a surge before our spotless home games start. Although if GC can continue their solid start with a few more wins, they should see some more growth too.

Nice. We're looking pretty good to overtake them this year given that we should see a bit of a surge before our spotless home games start. Although if GC can continue their solid start with a few more wins, they should see some more growth too.
Well, based on our respective websites, we have overtaken them today.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...iants-not-their-no1-team-20160408-go1zaq.html

Interesting article on some membership surveying by the club. Will be interesting to see how the membership base shifts to a more normalised one-eyed supporter base. The immigrant fan (ie. coming across from a former club) is already being outnumbered by the native fan. I reckon it will now accelerate as the kids are getting on board and bringing with them another form of immigrant...the code hopper!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...iants-not-their-no1-team-20160408-go1zaq.html

Interesting article on some membership surveying by the club. Will be interesting to see how the membership base shifts to a more normalised one-eyed supporter base. The immigrant fan (ie. coming across from a former club) is already being outnumbered by the native fan. I reckon it will now accelerate as the kids are getting on board and bringing with them another form of immigrant...the code hopper!

Good article, and Sheppard's quote reads different to their interpretation..

We now list the Giants as our #1 team, and I am in the focus group, but purely because we see them play live 11 times a year, we get to see the saints play 1 a year if lucky. suspect this will become true for many of the 36% and they are just not yet embedded.
To be real about it whilst I would thrill in and be at any Giants flag win, the next one for the saints will be unbeatable in joy for me.

Obviously I maintain my original allegiances but my wife (despite her claims of Lions' supportership) is basically fully converted as she'd be able to name plenty more Giants players than Lions, and my daughter greets any sport on green fields with "Go Giants!", be it soccer, NRL, NFL or otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back