Prediction The Month Ahead - Finals Edition

Geelong's finals campaign will play out as...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney would have to choke pretty hard to not win the GF... They dominated us on our home turf - we had no answers... Made us look second rate.

Sydney would have to choke pretty hard to not win the GF... They dominated us on our home turf - we had no answers... Made us look second rate.
We were missing: Stanley, Menengola and S. Selwood from that side, all starting 18 players. I think we'd be a chance to be within striking distance at 3QT on GF day when we make it
We also played Clarke, who was cooked, minimising our scoring power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-1 with a loss to Sydney in the GF.

That said, I don't consider the Swans unbeatable. Franklin aside, their forward line isn't all that scary - he's the only one to have kicked over 26 goals for the season and on paper we have a good match-up for everyone they run through there - so I think if we could somehow break even in midfield we'd be in with a massive shout. Much easier said than done though.

Hawthorn are about to do their best impression of the implosion of the Ottoman Empire.

We'll be fresh and ready for whoever fronts up from the preliminary final. Caddy and Guthrie will be our 2nd and 3rd youngest players in our team.

Our match against Sydney earlier this year couldn't be any less relevant. Our team has changed significantly since we last played them, we've added the back half of our midfield since then. Stanley, Menegola, Caddy, S.Selwood and Cowan. With outs like Clark and Murdoch.

there was a fair period of the second quarter where the ball lived in our F50... and when it did come out, it landed on a geelong chest and went straight back in.

we can do it to them, but overall they were far better that night.

tough call, but its hard to see sydney not winning it all right now.

Hawthorn are about to do their best impression of the implosion of the Ottoman Empire.

We'll be fresh and ready for whoever fronts up from the preliminary final. Caddy and Guthrie will be our 2nd and 3rd youngest players in our team.

Our match against Sydney earlier this year couldn't be any less relevant. Our team has changed significantly since we last played them, we've added the back half of our midfield since then. Stanley, Menegola, Caddy, S.Selwood and Cowan. With outs like Clark and Murdoch.
Yea, I mentioned some of those ins/outs in the other thread. With half our midfield missing, against sydney with arguably the top midfield alongside the cats, we were always going to be outclassed that day.

I'm amazed anyone thinks any side is definitively better than us, every side contesting the flag this year has shown signs of class while also revealing their vulnerabilities on any given day. Consistently inconsistent, everyone. Because this is anyone's premeirship, I will let my optimist out and hope to extend our winning run until 2017.

Sydney is the best team in it but sometimes the best team doesn't get the job done on Grand Final day (see: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014).

As others have said, if we meet them again our midfield will be substantially better than last time with the addition of Caddy, Menegola and S. Selwood.

Wouldn't give us a hope if we met them up there but at the MCG I'd consider it a 50/50 clash.

More worried about Friday night tbh.

Going for the 3 in a row , bit of logic in that but heaps of emotion as well :D
Get over the Hawks this week and I'd definitely back us in for a PF win - GF against the Swans ( presumably) would be a ripper

71550148.jpg

Back