Prediction The Month Ahead - Finals Edition

Geelong's finals campaign will play out as...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get to a GF V Syd.. id be confident we could beat them at the G..bring that on. My concern is the weather for Fri.. described as it will be coming down in biblical proportions

Their contested ball is crap and they cant play their chip chip switch sides and find a free player easily-if it is wet it advantages us a lot.

Their contested ball is crap and they cant play their chip chip switch sides and find a free player easily-if it is wet it advantages us a lot.

Yes but wet weather usually means a close game... and I really do not want to see a close score coming into time on in the 4th.

Sydney would have to choke pretty hard to not win the GF... They dominated us on our home turf - we had no answers... Made us look second rate.
The Geelong team that day had no Caddy, Menegola or S Seleood. Those 3 make will make a massive difference in the midfield battle. Also had an underdone Clark in the forward line. Swans are definitely beatable.

Im opposite to most views- i think the biggest problem is making the GF - Geelong could get bundled out in straight sets - or just win the one final - that would dissappoint me but wouldnt surprise me at all

However of all the teams left in it - i think if Geelong make the GF - then i think you can put the farm on the Cats to win it . Might put on a bit of an exhibition with Selwood and Dngerfield leading the show

Thus just keeping my fingers crossed that Geelong make the GF

Tomorrow night will be all about quality v quantity with inside 50s, I think Hawthorn will have fewer inside 50s but have far more quality entries, while we'll be pumping it in there time and again to a crowded forward 50 trying to manufacture or scramble goals through without much quality at all, so will our repeat inside 50s and sheer number of them be enough to overwhelm them...I'm not so sure.

Also a few clean centre clearance goals could really be the difference in this one.

I think we'll have a close loss, beat West Coast, and then get smashed by Sydney up there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't and won't look beyond tomorrow.
And as negative responses are not permitted......
But suffice to say, we have already exceeded my preseason expectations, and I believe it will be a Swans Hawks GF.
Hawks are the Hannibal Lector of AFL.
Until they are defeated and out, they are my tip to win it. Irrational - maybe.

Sydney would have to choke pretty hard to not win the GF... They dominated us on our home turf - we had no answers... Made us look second rate.
It was one game. The week before we lost to saints. The week after we struggled against freo. Its safe to say we werent playing well at that time. Even then we had some good periods and failed to capitalise with poor kicking. sydney lost to richmond. Richmond premiership favs?

71550148.jpg
Yes, please. Can't stand those FERAL b@stards!!

Back