Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

The same people that signed off on a game where one team was wearing white and the other blue with a lot of white.

AFL Genius Department at your service.
if you couldn't tell us and Port apart on the weekend you need new eyes tho. I started watching the telecast of it last night and the commentators were whinging non stop about it. What ****en idiots.

if you couldn't tell us and Port apart on the weekend you need new eyes tho. I started watching the telecast of it last night and the commentators were whinging non stop about it. What ****en idiots.
You could tell us apart, but there was no need to make the call to have similar jumpers.

It’s called common sense.

Port you wear your black with teal. Easy.

Best tune into west coast because other than a superb fend off from reid to put rachelle on his ass they have been completly woefull.

And however the afl signed off on these jumpers is anyones guess, 2 teams wearing blue and gold jerseys with birds across the front,
you struggled with that game?

one team had an all navy blue strip on and the other had a gold top with white shorts on. how was that a clash at all?

You could tell us apart, but there was no need to make the call to have similar jumpers.

It’s called common sense.

Port you wear your black with teal. Easy.
Yeah they could have worn their black jumper too, or not ... really who cares they didn't look similar. One team was wearing blue the other wasn't.

if they wore that jumper cos it was the away version bfd.

I read Byron Pickett was involved with designing it fwiw.

Gerard talking about Brisbane:

“You don't give up, but I would reframe the back end of the season.

“It’s, ‘What sets us up for next year instead of the tooth and nail struggle to finish seventh?’.

“‘What in the back end of the season around our programme, around our style and around our personnel … what can we do to set us up for the bounce?’. It’s working on the basis that, ‘No, our time is not done, this is the gap year, and these are all the reasons you don't have to agree with us’.

“I wouldn't get into the tooth-and-nail struggle to finish seventh. I'd get into the, ‘What sets us up for the bounce in Round 1, 2025?’.”

Not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, setting up for next year is essentially what we're doing, but not particularly trying to make finals doesn't seem right to me. I mean, the Bulldogs won a flag from seventh, and we played prelims after finishing seventh, so as a supporter, I'd be disappointed to have the side running dead.

Gerard talking about Brisbane:

Not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, setting up for next year is essentially what we're doing, but not particularly trying to make finals doesn't seem right to me. I mean, the Bulldogs won a flag from seventh, and we played prelims after finishing seventh, so as a supporter, I'd be disappointed to have the side running dead.
Is It now fashionable to advocate tanking and reloading as long as you're not North Melbourne currently holding the #1 pick?

Yeah they could have worn their black jumper too, or not ... really who cares they didn't look similar. One team was wearing blue the other wasn't.

if they wore that jumper cos it was the away version bfd.

I read Byron Pickett was involved with designing it fwiw.
I had no issue with it on the telecast, but it was also obvious a couple of times that at ground level it confused some players.
Several times I noticed players marking at HBF or on the wing and going to take a kick before realising the open player was from the other team.

I had no issue with it on the telecast, but it was also obvious a couple of times that at ground level it confused some players.
Several times I noticed players marking at HBF or on the wing and going to take a kick before realising the open player was from the other team.
Looked pretty obvious who was who to me on tv and at ground level.

Altho I swear Judas was the only player wearing black socks.

If I had to pick one thing that irritates me about the game (among a few), it would be changing the rules by memo.

We have to be the only elite competition in the world where the rules are changed by a new 'interpretation' - might come out in a memo pre-season, might even come out mid-season (as below). Pity about all the games this season that were played under the 'old' rules ('interpretation')

People bang on about how difficult the game is to umpire, blah blah. There's nothing complicated about giving the rule book to an umpire and saying we'll pick you for the next game depending upon how good your decisions are.

Groundbreaking, I know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had to pick one thing that irritates me about the game (among a few), it would be changing the rules by memo.

We have to be the only elite competition in the world where the rules are changed by a new 'interpretation' - might come out in a memo pre-season, might even come out mid-season (as below). Pity about all the games this season that were played under the 'old' rules ('interpretation')

People bang on about how difficult the game is to umpire, blah blah. There's nothing complicated about giving the rule book to an umpire and saying we'll pick you for the next game depending upon how good your decisions are.

Groundbreaking, I know

140%

Watching reid yesterday and hearing the crows supporters boo him reminded me of when we used to travel to football park back in the day. Carey would cop it, and Harley is already getting it from being a gun within 10 games!

These aren’t corn Francis boos either

Pretty sure he started getting booed after he fended off Dawson's face and received a free kick for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back