Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for Caddy to kick his 1st goal and Darcy, Jobe et al on the commentary team tell us how the WHOLE family were MAD North Melbourne supporters and how he now joins ***, Reid and others NOT playing for us.

wile e. coyote fall GIF by Looney Tunes

Some of us dared to dream a few weeks ago but its

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

And it has happened to us before:

Then they need to change the wording of the rule to include that the ball needs to be handed back to the umpire in the case of a ball up.
It only says it for boundary umpires.
If they're going by time wasting, then yes the one in that video wasted a couple of seconds, I would argue that the one last night actually resulted in the ball getting back to the ump faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then they need to change the wording of the rule to include that the ball needs to be handed back to the umpire in the case of a ball up.
It only says it for boundary umpires.
If they're going by time wasting, then yes the one in that video wasted a couple of seconds, I would argue that the one last night actually resulted in the ball getting back to the ump faster.
It's a pointless rule on the current set up anyways. The umpires hold the game up to call out who is rucking and will often wait for the to get to the contest before balling it up or throwing it in.

nothing surer than stinger going well in a contract year,
contract stringer is a beast! on the dan does footy podcast they actually compared the stats from his contract renewal years to his non-contract renewal years and there wasn’t much of a difference. it’s just the vibe of it though. IMG_5911.jpeg

Anyone on here who ever calls GWS a plastic club again is living in fantasy land.
Starts with getting the right cattle, McCartney and Quayle make our Bozos look well and truly 2nd rate. I concede they get a lot of free kicks with academy as so forth but sheesh they find a lot of diamonds in the rough as well,

I am watching a bit of the Hawks v Bris game and you look at that Hawks side and it’s not super talented, but everything is done at high speed/intensity.

I watched Dylan Moore chase hard knowing he was never going to catch the Brisbane player, but what he did achieve was to rush the kicker and give his backs a chance to impact the contest.

When I watch us, the same player would have jogged along behind and watched the same player hit the forward lace out.

Watching North Melbourne players is like watching a training drill where the coach has asked everyone to go at 50% pace.

I hate that I can’t enjoy watching neutral games as much as I used to. Our shit form, over-umpiring and certain franchises getting constant leg-ups is ruining the sport for me. There was I time I watched every single game every weekend, at least partially. I would be lucky to watch 3 games a week now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back