Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching West Coast try to play football is the quintessential trainwreck. You just about can't look away.

It's mystifying how they got so bad so quickly, 5 years after a premiership.

No pressure, no intensity, have barely laid a tackle, no run, nothing. I don't think even Fitzroy in 95/96 were this bad.

EDIT: 106 point lead to Sydney not even halfway through the 3rd quarter. This is country reserves level bad.

Last edited:
They better not push us back to pick 3 with a priority pick after we got round 2
That would be criminal. They have had a decade of success off the back of two first round priority picks in Darling and Shuey. We've never had one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They better not push us back to pick 3 with a priority pick after we got round 2
Pick assistance is based off 3 years . In 2021 they finished 9th . We finished 18th . Perhaps next year the afl can get another opposition coach to determine what assistance they require. I’d be suggesting a future 2nd rounder that must be traded

If they keep it up, 48% is good for the second worst percentage of any team in any season ever. And the team that holds the title of worst ever was disbanded in the 1910s. Barring a miraculous turnaround, they're getting a priority pick

Think my trip to Perth will be a happy one. For all our issues, we're a mile ahead of the Weagles. We at least have patches of competent football and can push mid table sides. One moment of madness is all that stopped us beating the Swans, who are utterly slaughtering them.

I don't care if they get a priority pick if it is an F2. I do care if it is the pick before us, so that we now have pick 4 in this draft after 2x WC + Walter.

If they keep it up, 48% is good for the second worst percentage of any team in any season ever. And the team that holds the title of worst ever was disbanded in the 1910s. Barring a miraculous turnaround, they're getting a priority pick
They're a gutless Club West Coast. They shouldn't be rewarded for that.

Have a history of diving in seasons when the going gets tough and miraculously bouncing back the following season.

Still got 11 premiership players on their list. They're playing beneath their talent and the buck stops with the Coach unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back