Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine telling your supporters that the only reason he got the job was because there was no one else willing to take the job and that's why they hired him.

That board needs to be sacked.

"Juddy" - Jon Ralph, President AFL Media Reacharound Association

The universe hates me (points to evidence folders A: 2016 and B: 2017) so I'm going to refrain from dancing on Carlton's grave.

What I will say is this - it could be a buyer's market for wayward Carlton talent.

In a similar way we snaffled Peter Bell when Freo were run by the East Fremantle IGA, the timing might be right to take a swing at some sap on their list who hasn't been broken yet.
There's not much you'd want there apart from their top 5 picks (SPS, Dow, Walsh).

The universe hates me (points to evidence folders A: 2016 and B: 2017) so I'm going to refrain from dancing on Carlton's grave.

What I will say is this - it could be a buyer's market for wayward Carlton talent.

In a similar way we snaffled Peter Bell when Freo were run by the East Fremantle IGA, the timing might be right to take a swing at some sap on their list who hasn't been broken yet.
Bear in mind that most of that so called "wayward talent" has already been given the arse by GWS" so it comes as likely damaged, potentially by two handlers.

Imagine telling your supporters that the only reason he got the job was because there was no one else willing to take the job and that's why they hired him.

That board needs to be sacked.

If it was so hard to hand over that job then, what makes it any easier now?

Other than a deluge of high draft picks, there is zero positives and yet Hutchy calls it the greatest job open right now? Ridiculous. That club will forever be a basket case as long as that board stays, and as long as Mark LoGiudece denies responsibility that job will never be secure.

Yeah, I haven't liked what I've seen of Dow so far but I'm not ready to write him off completely. Wouldn't be under as much pressure in a better side.

Dow wanted to come to North, and I think we should steal him, he might be inefficient in his disposal lately, but he's worth a crack to help develop. He has upside.

I'm sure Carltons young development staff are terrible compared to ours, I'd sooner trust North to turn him into a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for this newsflash being off topic but Ash Barty losing the first set in French semi final after being 5-0 up in 12 minutes sickening viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back