The official 2011/12 nPower Championship thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Federici had a blinder for Reading.

Even though a win would have put Brighton back into the top six, I wasn't expecting Gus or his team to do us a favour anyway!

Meanwhile in the other game Millwall beat Pompey 1-0. Going down. But hey, at least you got a point at St Mary's to celebrate all off-season.

TABLE

1 Southampton 42 36 82
2 Reading 42 27 82

3 West Ham United 42 25 76
4 Birmingham 42 25 70
5 Blackpool 42 15 67
6 Cardiff City 42 9 65

7 Brighton 42 6 63
8 Middlesbrough 42 0 63
9 Leicester City 42 12 62
10 Hull City 42 1 61
11 Derby County 42 -6 60
12 Burnley 42 7 59
13 Watford 42 -9 58
14 Leeds United 42 -4 57
15 Ipswich Town 42 -6 56
16 Crystal Palace 42 -3 54
17 Peterborough United 42 -5 48
18 Millwall 42 -7 47
19 Barnsley 42 -20 47
20 Nottingham Forest 42 -15 46
21 Bristol City 42 -26 43

22 Coventry City 42 -17 39
23 Portsmouth 42 -8 34
24 Doncaster Rovers 42 -37 32

Meanwhile in the other game Millwall beat Pompey 1-0. Going down. But hey, at least you got a point at St Mary's to celebrate all off-season.

Ever since the 10 point deduction we were pretty much gone.. that 0-1 against Millwall confirms it. I just watched the entire pompey vs scum game, so so good! Even more enjoyable watching the youtube clips of scummers in the crowd go from jubilation to silence.

Still no owner for us, just hope we survive, might even buy a season ticket next season.

palace have been terrible all year, since cardiff.

onwards and upwards next season! hopefully a scorer comes in :thumbsu:

Ever since the 10 point deduction we were pretty much gone.. that 0-1 against Millwall confirms it. I just watched the entire pompey vs scum game, so so good! Even more enjoyable watching the youtube clips of scummers in the crowd go from jubilation to silence.

Still no owner for us, just hope we survive, might even buy a season ticket next season.

That about sums things up with your lot. :)

Don't think it was a great derby?

I also enjoyed our fans out singing the home fans for pretty much the entire game.

It was a good derby. I suppose we've just got other priorities. The thing I take out of the game is that if we didn't concede the late equaliser we'd be sitting 8 points rather than 6 points clear of West Ham. That matters so much more than dropping a couple of points against a local rival.

I won't get caught up in arguing who has the loudest or best supporters. The crowd statistics when the teams are both struggling and going well says it all.

3 shots on target, 3 goals.

I think the commentator described Reading as ruthlessly efficient and that's what they were. But that's probably a little disrespectful because their run of 14 wins out of 16 is phenomenal. They are just an outstanding football team at this level.

Hugely disappointing for us because I think we played quite well, particularly
in the first half. Now we've got a really tough game against Peterborough next up.

If Brighton can do us a favour tomorrow that would be really appreciated!

I dunno if I would describe the reaction in those videos as silence Cam. More foul mouthed and disgusting but there ya go. ;)

We have to accept our fate now but as long as the club survives there is always a chance to get back, hopefully with more responsible owners next time. Apparently there are 2 parties interested and business will have to be done by the start of June or liquidation is a very real prospect. Will be an interesting couple of months to say the least.

No matter what happens PFC will be back in one form or another, even if we have to start again. The supporters trust has plans in place for that too by the sounds of things.

We were never going to keep up our early season form but the drop has been very dismaying :( We were 9-10 points clear of seventh not that long ago, now we're gone. 4 wins and 4 draws from our last 8, pathetic :(
I got to the Cardiff and Hull games and both were extremely disappointing. My season-ticket-holding mates were saying that is par for the course in 2012. We never got into the game v Cardiff but should have had Hull when on top in the first half. If we had got another goal while we had an advantage, we probably would have won that. Instead, we got in front and then just sat on it. Once Hull figured out our elaborate tactics (hoof it over the top for Emnes) and got their tails up, there was only going to be one outcome really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought of you when I saw the score Absy :(

West Ham have now scored 19 goals in their last four matches (including this morning), pretty prolific stuff. Love watching Vaz Te play

sainter, been following this thread for a while now, loving your work all season, but I reckon you're panicking a bit over nothing.
Reckon your goal diff is more than enough to see you through. Just happy to see the Hammers get some home form up in time for the playoffs! Then again, given the way we've been going I wouldn't be surprised to see it finish 3-3

Looks like Pompey have given up. 2-0 down after 5 minutes away at Donny and it should have been 3 or 4. Appleton comes out in the press saying he will play the younger players for the rest of the season. His response too the appalling start tonight? Bring on Dave Kitson. lolololol

Will be down by 5pm today. What a load of old s**t! :rolleyes:

Have actually been alright other than the first 10 minutes. Unlucky not to get one back before the half.

Although could've been 4 lol :eek:

Paynter scored? Really? Not sure if I can believe you on that one. :p

But things just getting worse and worse in this one. Hopefully no more...

And Cardiff are up now too, great night!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back