The official 2011/12 nPower Championship thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night for Boro :) Up to second although the Hammers have a game to come. Five point gap to fourth however and nine clear in the playoffs :)

:thumbsu: Decent crowd too! Barry Robson is a gun :) 6 points against Cardiff and Hull have been massive, just have to make sure we follow up against the sides lower in the league as well...

:thumbsu: Decent crowd too! Barry Robson is a gun :) 6 points against Cardiff and Hull have been massive, just have to make sure we follow up against the sides lower in the league as well...
Yeah, great to get almost 28k in there. Would be nice to hit the 20k some more during the season. The way we are playing, surely that should happen?

Ali Brownlee was pretty excited when that goal went in - even more that normal. The last two wins have been huge, definitely need to take that form in against the 'lesser' teams, as you say.

Saints are too busy selling out their 32,000 seat stadium. :p

It's nice to have extended the gap between 1st and 6th to 11 points but the form of Boro is definitely a concern. The top three have cleared away a little but we're only at the halfway mark.

Last season in League One it was Brighton, Southampton and Huddersfield who were the best three teams. We managed to pip the Terriers and they went on to lose in the playoff final. That kind of thing worries me.

Despite the amazing home record, I can't shake the feeling that our time at the top is limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate your club I'm happy that you got a chance to see a derby live. They have been few and far between and if things go to plan this season, they'll continue to be!

:thumbsu:

Thanks still one more later this year although I won't be making the trip to that one!

A shame we couldn't hold on for a deserved 3 points, but anyway you look at it 2011 saw us go from equal bottom to 2nd place on the CCC ladder with basically 0 investment into the side...take a bow Tony Mowbray :thumbsu:

[x] Club legend takes over as manager
[x] Defeat the Tescos bag wearing bunch in their own toilet bowl
[x] Defeat Sir Red Nose and his overvalued *s in their own toilet bowl
[x] Defeat Scumwall in their own toilet bowl

2011: a fantastic year for CPFC! :thumbsu:

I wonder what odds you could have got on Bristol City ending Southamptons 25 game unbeaten home streak. :eek:

They did the double over us!

Thank you Derby and Peterborough. :thumbsu:

Typical 6 months for the Rams:
Win the 1st 4
Win 4 of the next 18 then beat Leeds & West Ham.

Heartening to have our best 11 on the pitch,pity it took til Boxing Day to happen.

seth

WTF is going on?

Grayson about to get the axe? What a weak, spineless performance.

Will be interesting whether Bates finally releases some cash to spend in January.

We never seem to be willing to pay the going rate for players.

If he doesn't, I can't see Grayson lasting the next couple of weeks. Gus Poyet a chance?

I love it when Barnsley play Leeds the last couple of years :thumbsu::D Vaz Te is second in the goals now, don't often see a hat-trick from a guy who didn't start :)

January a very big month now, squad is down to something like 13 or 14 fit outfield players, Butterfield is out for a few weeks and might very well be sold :( And a few other players might spark a little interest, have said we'll get a few new players though. Would love a bit of consistency the rest of the season, never know whats coming, but at least we have goals which is rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back