Preview The official book version of the Swans vs Pies Round 1 (really round 2) Saturday 16th March 8:40am MCG Preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we need to kick over 100 points to win this. Hope Moore plays on McLean in the square. Logan could have a field day if Murphy is out. Then if it's Howe on Logan, just want Logan to run him up the ground and take his intercept out of it.

Horse could roll with Fox on a defensive forward role on Howe like he did with Lever and seemed to work pretty will. Lever found himself up on the halfway line a few times.

We absolutely match it with these blokes. Teams have figured out the Pies now and there's a reason why barely any teams go back to back, you get figured out.

Just block out the 90k crowd. The last time we faced a crowd this big we only just lost, and the time before that it was a bloodbath.

For anyone interested, Union House in Richmond before hand will be full of red and white and we'll march as one down to the G.

For those so inclined, I am sure the faithful in the Ponny Stand will have the opportunity to Booooo Maynard.

Shake down the thunder.

Reckon we need to kick over 100 points to win this. Hope Moore plays on McLean in the square. Logan could have a field day if Murphy is out. Then if it's Howe on Logan, just want Logan to run him up the ground and take his intercept out of it.

Horse could roll with Fox on a defensive forward role on Howe like he did with Lever and seemed to work pretty will. Lever found himself up on the halfway line a few times.

We absolutely match it with these blokes. Teams have figured out the Pies now and there's a reason why barely any teams go back to back, you get figured out.

Just block out the 90k crowd. The last time we faced a crowd this big we only just lost, and the time before that it was a bloodbath.

For anyone interested, Union House in Richmond before hand will be full of red and white and we'll march as one down to the G.
Collingwood have lost 1 game and teams have figured them out lol , what if they kicked straight

LMFAO at suggestion that Amartey or McDonald will kick 5-6 goal bag. Oh ! But it wasn't conditions for tall forwards last week !
Don't worry about the ball being slippery neither of them could get near a contest let alone dropping a mark. McClean at least imposes himself physically.

I have a hunch we might see James Jordon follow Nick Daicos around on Friday night. No inside word obviously, but we’ve tended to play directly on him and Jordon seems versatile, disciplined and fit enough to get the job.
If we must tag, I wouldn’t mind seeing Wicks in the role. He is a tenacious bastard and I think he would be very good at getting up and under the Daicos skin.

I have a hunch we might see James Jordon follow Nick Daicos around on Friday night. No inside word obviously, but we’ve tended to play directly on him and Jordon seems versatile, disciplined and fit enough to get the job.

I would go with fox. He can play on him wherever he goes. He's got the tank to match him too. Tbh do we need to tag him?

I doubt Jordon or Fox have the tank/speed combo to go with Daicos on a hard tag tbh

It'll be match ups around the ground maybe

Roberts at times

I doubt Jordon or Fox have the tank/speed combo to go with Daicos on a hard tag tbh

This feels like the option we'll take, and we've done it before when one of ours can't keep up with a player further down the field.

I do worry about our scoring ability but we need to get it there first.

If it's round 0 Pies we'll win by several goals. They were pretty ragged against GWS. They should be a lot more focused this week - we'll see how much better.

For us, it just makes such a difference having an A-grade ruck who can give us plenty of use and win the ball himself, so we should go into this with plenty of confidence.

Don't they get to unfurl the pennant before the game? Always fun to spoil that party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts at times
Fox is pretty much the fittest player on the list and is fairly quick. I'd rather we just take them on and beat them without worrying too much about any particular player.

Let them worry about who to put on Heeney, Blakey and Warner (who will hopefully turn up in the first half this week). Who to put on Gulden, Papley etc.

Fox is pretty much the fittest player on the list and is fairly quick. I'd rather we just take them on and beat them without worrying too much about any particular player.

Let them worry about who to put on Heeney, Blakey and Warner (who will hopefully turn up in the first half this week). Who to put on Gulden, Papley etc.
Harsh on Warner !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back