Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 games

• 20 games

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tom Lynch - how many games will he play

I'm hopeful that Lynch will spark Koschitzke to finally get anywhere close to his potential again (a wet and dirty VFL game did help Milne and Dal Santo...), but would be surprised if he got more than five games (if at all) this year. His time will come (probably a lot sooner than I think - he is quite a big man already), but I doubt it will be this year already.

He'd be happy to get 5 I'd think. Our forward line is crying out for his sort of player, but as SS said Lyon is conservative and he hasn't exactly been demanding selection as yet, as a first year player I won't expect more than a couple of games from him. Wouldn't have him in my DT.

How is Goddard going, thought this would be his breakout year, moving in the midfield in the absence of Harvey. Heard he didnt train today, so the question is, will he play against Sydney this week?

if you actually think about it, on paper there are about 5-6 blokes that are playing for the positions either side of rooey. in no particular order armitage, gwilt, lynch, gilbert, heyne and eddy . lynch and heyne will struggle to get games ahead of the other 4 unless lyon wants to throw another spanner in the works like he did with milne and dal last year, so i think lynch will get 5 games or maybe less.

Armitage would be a cert.but he is injured,Eddy ran around in the vfl but not likely,Geary would be a near certainty and little Jack Steven would be a step closer to his debut.

Is Armitage injured? There was a problem for the last practice game, but I don't think it was serious, and as ususal nothing out of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Goddard going, thought this would be his breakout year, moving in the midfield in the absence of Harvey. Heard he didnt train today, so the question is, will he play against Sydney this week?

eljay :thumbsu:

seriously would think that gram or bj would get a permanent spot in the middle then a defender replaces them in the side. i dont think lyon would put one of the younger blokes in the middle permanently.

I actually think that Eljay would be very close to selection. He is not the little boy of that photo any more and I hear he's been very impressive during the pre-season (he certainly was one of positives in that one NAB game we played against the Lions), but I understand he's carrying some minor injury.

Good idea to give Goddard or Gram a permanent spot in the midfield. I think that Lyon intended to do that anyway. The problem is, though, that there aren't too many defenders left (Hudghton is injured, Maguire and possibly also Baker are not quite ready yet).

I would therefore expect L Fisher (who dominated Goodes last year) or Geary to replace Hayes should he really not be available (I suppose that Eddy, despite playing for Sandy on the weekend, is not ready yet and unlike Steven, they have been there before - makes it a bit easier to replace a workhorse like Hayes if you're not too nervous).

P.S.: Mods, no criticism, but why did you move the Lynch thread ? The OP may have referred to his dreamteam, but I thought it was a good seperate topic...

I half heard something on the radio this morning stating that some of the top Saints who had missed training will be playing round 1. One of those named was Goddard but I'm not sure of the others. Havent found anything else on it since.

It was on radio 6pr Perth tonight ( sports withBrad Hardie , Karl Langdon and Adrian Barich ) that Goddard has done a hammy and is out ...any truth in it ?

I half heard something on the radio this morning stating that some of the top Saints who had missed training will be playing round 1. One of those named was Goddard but I'm not sure of the others. Havent found anything else on it since.

Assuming Goddard and Hayes are good to go, will that change the game time & how Geary played in the pre-season, or has he locked his spot in? If he hasn't is he the next in assuming one or both are injured as reports suggest?

Is geary a good pick for my DT at 192k and after doing quite well in the preseason? I currently have him but can get rid of him just as quickly.

I think Geary is an OK pickup. He should improve over last year. Problem is we don't know if he will get picked each week. Meanwhile Armitage ( i hear ) and Eddy are injured and there are rumours that Hayes and Goddard are injured. If you choose to believe it all I would expect him to play round 1.

Today's Courier Mail ...

Quote:
LENNY Hayes is not a certain starter for St Kilda's clash with Sydney on Saturday night.

Saints football manager Greg Hutchison last night stopped short of saying the midfielder's hamstring issues are totally behind him.

"He's going to be pretty close," Hutchison said. "He'll train today and again on Thursday. We've got selection tomorrow."

But Hutchison was firm on Brendon Goddard despite rumours he is also struggling with a hamstring injury.

"I don't think there's any reason to have fears about him," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...016169,00.html

Back