Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah is there any injury prevention exercises we can do for a chillies that we would be doing

Or what’s the main cause of Achilles injuries?

Too many (incl Bruton) for it to be a coincidence now
Not really specific due to it being a tendon but calf exercises, calf/ankle mobility, landing and running mechanics can decrease the risk.

Sudden acceleration.

I have felt the tendon pull before and it’s a really scary feeling. I put force into my back leg to sprint off and my heel dipped a bit and felt it pull.

Be good to have Bergman back in 3 weeks.
Taylor and Hardeman have the VFL bye so they wont miss any games.

The Goater injury hurts. Kids made for the modern game. Hope his recovery goes well.

Hamish Free left the field in the first quarter and didn't return to play after suffering a concussion, while a dislocated shoulder saw Brayden George's match end prematurely.

The defender was ruled out during the early minutes of the third quarter but wasn't overly limited in movement after his shoulder was put back in place.

"Brayden will get scans over the weekend or Monday to show the extent of the damage, but he seemed in good spirits so hopefully it's on the minor end," Lynch said.

"Hammer got concussed in the first centre bounce of the day so that made things tough for us. It was a great opportunity for Taylor Goad to ruck and he had some really good support through Finnbar who adjusted his game and played second ruck, so I was pleased with his performance as well."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back