Jed Anderson (shoulder) - 4-8 weeks
Ben Jacobs (Foot) - indefinate
Andrew Swallow (Unknown) - managed
Mason Wood (Unknown) - managed
Tood Goldstein (Knee) - managed
Robbie Tarrant (Unknown) - managed
Taylor Garner (Unknown) - managed
Jy Simpkin (Leg) - mangaged

I think it was Junker who went down with an ankle problem in the third. Just along the boundary on the arden street side of the oval. Did anyone see that and whether he came back on? This bloke really stood out, with a mop of frizzy blonde hair - looked quick and agressive and rake thin.

Doesn't necessarily indicate any injury. They might have just wanted to experiment with some different set ups in a scratch match against lesser opposition.

Doesn't necessarily indicate any injury. They might have just wanted to experiment with some different set ups in a scratch match against lesser opposition.
Wasn't there word that we did too much match sim last year that ended up causing injury? Might see some rotation in the city v country game.

So based on the scratch match our injury list looks something like this:

Declan Mountford (Concussion) - 1 week
Cam Zurhaar (Concussion) - 1 week
Ben Brown (Knee) - 4 weeks
Paul Ahern (Knee) - 16-18 weeks
Sam Wright (Ankle) - 4 weeks
Majak Daw (Knee) - 4 weeks
Scott Thompson (Hips) - 3-6 weeks
Based on training on Friday to add to the scratch match, I would say Wood has no issues at all (looked in great shape on Friday), that Taz is all fine (was training on Friday), that Maj, Wrighty, and Scotty T are more of the 2 week category (would think they will play JLT games). All the others were missing from action.

I think it was Junker who went down with an ankle problem in the third. Just along the boundary on the arden street side of the oval. Did anyone see that and whether he came back on? This bloke really stood out, with a mop of frizzy blonde hair - looked quick and agressive and rake thin.
Yep, he got a knock to the leg after kicking. Limped off with a couple of trainers. He did look busy in the first half. Weight rooms beckons, but he clearly has some talent alongside the boofy hair. A Werribee bloke we sat beside was full of praise for him.

Based on training on Friday to add to the scratch match, I would say Wood has no issues at all (looked in great shape on Friday), that Taz is all fine (was training on Friday), that Maj, Wrighty, and Scotty T are more of the 2 week category (would think they will play JLT games). All the others were missing from action.

I think LT and Swallow are in the older group now and being managed, where as last year we went way too hard, too early

So based on the scratch match our injury list looks something like this:

Declan Mountford (Concussion) - 1 week
Cam Zurhaar (Concussion) - 1 week
Ben Brown (Knee) - 4 weeks
Paul Ahern (Knee) - 16-18 weeks
Sam Wright (Ankle) - 4 weeks
Majak Daw (Knee) - 4 weeks
Scott Thompson (Hips) - 3-6 weeks

So does anyone have NMFC math formula to working out the real numbers? Is it x 2 or 4?

Looks like we will be starting round 1 with an even younger team.

Exciting times as long as everyones 100pcnt fit i'll be happy.

Shiels tags for Hawthorn.
and Mitchell/Cunningham do for Sydney.
Bollocks.

Those guys might play accountable midfiels roles at time but they are all ball winners.

Jacobs hasn't shown he can find the ball when not tagging. At the moment he is an out and out tagger, the three guys listed can all play play midfield with out tagging.

BJ has the tools but too many times he gets caught in no-mans land, all out of position. This is why tagging is such a good position for him, he gets led to the ball. Hopefully he has learnt from this and can become a decent midfielder but we can't (and no team does) carry a one dimensional tagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown, Majak Daw, Todd Goldstein, Ben Jacobs, Daniel Nielson, draftee Jy Simpkin and Sam Wright are all in contention for game time during the pre-season competition as they near full fitness.

Scott Thompson is the closest to a return and may yet line up in North’s City vs. Country intra-club match on Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, rookie Oscar Junker will miss between three and four months of football after breaking his tibia during Saturday’s practice match against Werribee.

He joins Jed Anderson on the sidelines, with the small forward recovering from his recent shoulder surgery.

The number 3 said the injury occurred during a tackling drill last week, but Anderson is confident of a speedy return.

“I’ve tackled Ed Vickers-Willis and taken him to ground and his elbow has landed straight on my AC joint (in the shoulder), rupturing the joint and a couple of ligaments that are in there,” Anderson told NMFC.com.au.

“It wasn’t painful at the start… but once I came off and iced it up, yeah it was painful and I went off for a scan and X-ray.

“Hopefully in the next four to six weeks, I’ll be out there training and back into it.”

Anderson said if there was a positive to take out of the incident, it was that it happened early in the year.

“I’ll do some conditioning over the next week or two, get out of the sling hopefully this week and it should be good from there.

“It wasn’t the best thing, (but) the good thing is it happened early in the year and the next four to six weeks will just be getting that contact back in and getting ready to go running wise and skill wise to be back by round one or two.”

Last edited:
current injury list: http://www.nmfc.com.au/afl/anytime-fitness-health-hub

Scott Thompson (adductor, test)
Majak Daw (meniscus tear, 3 weeks)
Todd Goldstein (ankle, 3 weeks)
Ben Jacobs (foot, 3 weeks)
Daniel Nielson (quad, 3 weeks)
Jy Simpkin (broken leg, 3 weeks)
Ben Brown (knee, 5 weeks)
Sam Wright (ankle, 5 weeks)
Jed Anderson (shoulder reconstruction, 4-6 weeks)
Taylor Garner (hip, 7 weeks)
Oscar Junker (broken tibia, 3-4 months)
Paul Ahern (ACL, season)
Last updated: February 7

So todd Goldtsein, Garner, Nielson and Junker are all new injuries...fantastic.

Tell you what, my guess injury list above was pretty good.

Also there is no way Anderson will be back in 6 weeks if he had a shoulder reco. Wont expect to see him until after round 10.

Paul Ahern (ACL, season)

Ben Brown, Majak Daw, Todd Goldstein, Ben Jacobs, Daniel Nielson, draftee Jy Simpkin and Sam Wright are all in contention for game time during the pre-season competition as they near full fitness.

Schwing.

Interested to know why Simpkin is listed as 3 weeks?

May of had a setback with soreness or something by the sounds of it. Even though they said he may be available for the JLT.

The likes of Junker etc getting injured is really deflating, as these were the types of guys we could of blooded early whilst waiting for this list to come back.

Fordham, Dumont, EVW are going to get a good run at it. Hrovat will be an absolute lock come round 1 looking at that.

We may actually need LMAC in the middle.

Paul Ahern (ACL, season)

fhardly any of these guys are going to be close to be fit enough to play the JLT series

Hope we don't push them back to quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back