Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't because I was working. What did you think?
well he came out with intent, driving, taking a few long range shots.hes just a rookie going through the stages of being a rook.

he wasnt amazing but he had a few nice assists and the pick n roll with Lopez was working well.

its like people expected him to come out and average 20-5-10 from the rip.

well he came out with intent, driving, taking a few long range shots.hes just a rookie going through the stages of being a rook.

he wasnt amazing but he had a few nice assists and the pick n roll with Lopez was working well.

its like people expected him to come out and average 20-5-10 from the rip.

Well, if he came out with a bit more attitude then that's a good thing. Against Portland, he should have paid to get in because he just placidly spectated the game, didn't get involved. What irritates me about his defence is he gets crossed over way too easily and ends up chasing his opponent around the floor, rather than placing himself between his opponent and the basket. This creates extra problems for the other defenders.

We can't afford to keep making too many excuses like "he's just a kid". There are other rookies in the league doing far more than Lonzo, our own Kuzma being one of them. Lonzo's not a third round draft pick, he's number 2, and I think he should be showing more than he does.

Well, if he came out with a bit more attitude then that's a good thing. Against Portland, he should have paid to get in because he just placidly spectated the game, didn't get involved. What irritates me about his defence is he gets crossed over way too easily and ends up chasing his opponent around the floor, rather than placing himself between his opponent and the basket. This creates extra problems for the other defenders.

We can't afford to keep making too many excuses like "he's just a kid". There are other rookies in the league doing far more than Lonzo, our own Kuzma being one of them. Lonzo's not a third round draft pick, he's number 2, and I think he should be showing more than he does.
ok well if youre going to get emotional bout a sample size of two weeks then thats on you..

kuzma is 22 and played 4 years college.. all rookies who come in after 4 years look nba ready from the start ( look at Brogdon last year- he was the only rook who looked ready last year).

its an 82 game season, getting worried about a rookie's future after their 5th game is crazy.

ok well if youre going to get emotional bout a sample size of two weeks then thats on you..

kuzma is 22 and played 4 years college.. all rookies who come in after 4 years look nba ready from the start ( look at Brogdon last year- he was the only rook who looked ready last year).

its an 82 game season, getting worried about a rookie's future after their 5th game is crazy.

I'm not getting emotional, just pointing out obvious weaknesses in his game that need a lot of work. That's what this forum is for, discussion on basketball. There's enough people blowing smoke up his arse without me doing it.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, he's played 9 games, not 5.

I'm not getting emotional, just pointing out obvious weaknesses in his game that need a lot of work. That's what this forum is for, discussion on basketball. There's enough people blowing smoke up his arse without me doing it.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, he's played 9 games, not 5.
???

ive seen nothin but people shitting on ball..

5,9.. 9,5.. same s**t, its still so early to be so critical. he looks like he just needs to get wit the pace of the NBA and build that confidence.

so youre disappointed in Ball so far, huh? you wish we took Fultz, huh?

nvm_tY2tjHrxXCOMTeTL6-yuAa52u5LOp6mwQ9fsUI6kThUDmVSJA0_f6tPubpNLOj80HSc0orhRmx4n_hAARR3OYwONkcOATnfskDs8EKD_N8UgBkMsRL_IfC_EkaNqXv-ULJmHJ2znNHWrqDXk6Ng=w498-h278-nc

would cringe to hear your analysis of Fultz so far :eek:

Loving Ingram's play of late. Once he gets consistency with his jumper he'll be near unstoppable. Playing decent D too

At 5-5 we're stuck in the logjam of .500 teams and it's hard not to see OKC eventually coming good too. Hopefully we can hang in that group and improve as the year goes on. Encouraging signs though, just really wished we hung on against Portland... needed to play better D down the stretch. Leaving Lopez out too long killed us too

Loving Ingram's play of late. Once he gets consistency with his jumper he'll be near unstoppable. Playing decent D too

At 5-5 we're stuck in the logjam of .500 teams and it's hard not to see OKC eventually coming good too. Hopefully we can hang in that group and improve as the year goes on. Encouraging signs though, just really wished we hung on against Portland... needed to play better D down the stretch. Leaving Lopez out too long killed us too
Agreed. Along with his current defensive progression, if he starts hitting the 3 ball consistently and with confidence then the league better watch out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good read on our rookies here - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/7/16615852/lakers-rookies-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma-josh-hart

Honest evaluation of Lonzo, but I think his passing doesn't get heralded enough. Kuzma's praise is to be expected and some credit for Hart, who has been a handy defensive body in what is a VERY attacking team.

Not a rookie but I would've liked more from Zubac this year but he seems to not fit the Walton way at all. Looms as a probable bust

dunno if bust is the right word. As you said not a fit into the system

Disagree. at the time and during his playing days he was very effective
Agree he did some good things last year, but one year of decent play from the bench isn't really a great ROI for a second round pick. Granted it wasn't a particularly strong draft but there's still someone like Brogdon available, who went a few picks later and is likely to give considerably more output in both quantity and quality.

I'm not writing Zubac off (yet) and he has time to put it right, but at the present he's definitely on the outer

Agree he did some good things last year, but one year of decent play from the bench isn't really a great ROI for a second round pick. Granted it wasn't a particularly strong draft but there's still someone like Brogdon available, who went a few picks later and is likely to give considerably more output in both quantity and quality.

I'm not writing Zubac off (yet) and he has time to put it right, but at the present he's definitely on the outer
What's the success rate of 2nd round picks in the NBA?

Can someone give me cliffs on why Julius Randle isn't the starting power forward for the Lakers, and is barely playing 20 minutes a game?

Turnovers and fouls? His per-minute numbers look very good otherwise.
-had sore ribs before the season
-started wit the 2nd unit
-started dominating wit the 2nd unit as Nance started so he stayed comin off the bench
-nance goes down 4 week injury
-kuzma gets the start because hes been killing it and randle looks at home wit the bench

-had sore ribs before the season
-started wit the 2nd unit
-started dominating wit the 2nd unit as Nance started so he stayed comin off the bench
-nance goes down 4 week injury
-kuzma gets the start because hes been killing it and randle looks at home wit the bench
Additionally, the bench is why we’re going okay at 5-6. That unit is playing real well - don’t break up a winning formula

Remove this Banner Ad

Back