Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that's season over, mercifully. 35-47. Final 15 games were 4-11.
24 players appeared in a Lakers uniform this season, Only 5 players reaching 60 or more games - Randle 82, Kuzma 77, KCP 74, Lopez 74, Hart 63.
Only 2 players topped the 1000 points: Randle 1323, Kuzma 1242.
Kuzma was a good find, Randle's improvement was impressive, Hart, Ball and Ingram showed encouraging signs. Others had their moments but let's face it, the current list isn't going to get us into the playoffs any time soon. I think it's fair to say many of those 24 players will be playing elsewhere next season.
Please Magic and Co, we need some All Star quality badly, otherwise 2018-19 will be another wasted year.
Andre Ingram's shooting percentages were well down in his second game, whereas Payton jr hit 25!!!! Didn't see the game so I don't know how competitive it was.
Would be interested in who people think we should delist and which ones should be on our shopping list.
For mine, and I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have Kawhi and Davis at the Lakers. Lonzo's assists stats would go through the roof :)
I'm not that interested in LeBron, he would take the ball out of Lonzo's hands and stunt his development IMHO.
Would also like to recruit Eddie Palubinskas to work exclusively as a shooting coach. Our shooting percentages were consistently poor, especially from the foul line.
Thoughts please Laker fans.

Well it’s sounding more and more like LeBron’s on the cards

Not sure how I feel about the CP3 stuff though, he’ll be injured most of the time to be effective. Would prefer a hound Lonzo running the point

I do think if LeBron comes, PG definitely comes. Not sure re: PG if we don’t get LBJ

I’m fine with not re-signing Randle in the LBJ/PG scenario if we can get someone like Lopez with the room exception

Lakers only have $39m guaranteed next year. It can happen

Lonzo Ball is getting paid more almost $2m more than Ingram. Thats not right
Did rookie wages go up last year? Think so

At this stage, I feel Lonzo gets traded for an older head to create a “big 3” of sorts, not sure who though (not CP3)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Lonzo worth all that much? Sure he has value, but not Pick 2 value.
Would only be a Kemba or possibly a Lillard (would obviously require more than Lonzo), who might want to have the ‘#1 ticket’ title off their hands and win a chip. Both OOC next year, too, I think (or in the next 2 years, at least)

Would only be a Kemba or possibly a Lillard (would obviously require more than Lonzo), who might want to have the ‘#1 ticket’ title off their hands and win a chip. Both OOC next year, too, I think (or in the next 2 years, at least)

Was it Magic who said the Lakers were looking towards 2019? I'm beginning to think it may be a very sound idea. Develop what we have and review our list at the end of the season. I'd want to take a longer look at the likes of Lonzo, Ingram, etc before trading them off. I'm also not sure I'd be all that pleased with trading Randle at this time. As for Kuzma, he should be off limits to everyone. Of course, it could mean another bog average year in 2018-19, but so be it.

Also, there's a feeling there will be a lot more money to offer for contracts in future now that betting has become legal. Not exactly sure how that will work.

Kahwi's the player I've wanted most of all. Not sure how we can trade for him, but if we can get him I say yeah!
If Kawhi comes, I reckon it’s bye bye Ingram and Kuzma, also Deng.

If PG can take a pay cut, we might be able to get all three and re-sign Randle

If Kawhi comes, I reckon it’s bye bye Ingram and Kuzma, also Deng.

If PG can take a pay cut, we might be able to get all three and re-sign Randle

Yes, I'd hate to lose both Ingram and Kuzma, but if it means getting Kawhi, there's really no choice in the matter. Would love to hang onto Randle if at all possible.

BANG, Kawhi wants out

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
Room exception guy

Oh boy
No way lonzo is there if lebron joins the lakers.

#1 he cant shoot and is redundant if hes off the ball
#2 hes not going to be the primary ball carrier
#3 and probably most important,lebron will not want lavar anywhere inside the same state as him

No way lonzo is there if lebron joins the lakers.

#1 he cant shoot and is redundant if hes off the ball
#2 hes not going to be the primary ball carrier
#3 and probably most important,lebron will not want lavar anywhere inside the same state as him
Would probably have to go in the Kawhi deal unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back