Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Winners Again x 6 Minor Premiers Top Team Premiers Always Beatable Gold City Royals

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats after the PF

1607248707787.png

Muddy conditions for the first time this season, so numbers didn't tell the full story. The Filth Wizard kicking 3 straight goals was important to build up a lead. GreyCrow gave the midfield first use all game. The #stackedsix comfortably controlled the game for 3 quarters, notably with me getting 11 disposals and 4 marks while keeping my opponent to donuts, and Blacky who kept miggs to a measly 1 handball until the final minutes of the game.

We really should've buried the Bombers in the third quarter after playing the game in their half for most of it but scoring 5 consecutive behinds before they got a goal against the run. We went into the final quarter with a 21 point lead, and it proved enough - just. Only thanks to a clutch bump by brahj to cause a turnover as the Bombers were running into goal in the final seconds.

Anyway, doesn't matter how we got here, but we're in the grand final now. Up against the Sin City Swamprats who are playing in their 4th grand final in 6 seasons and are the reigning premiers. We've had their measure this season though (and even in many previous seasons when we were s**t), it'll be fitting to bookend our historic season with wins against the Swamprats, kill their dynasty and cement this team as the greatest to ever grace this league.

1607249650898.png

Killer game from Smartys Power puts him into our top 5, Blacky at full back was super as well, funnily enough my two best games of the season (low bar) have come in finals.

I choose to believe this was the deciding point.

Fans are already referring to it as 'The Point'.

3 : 14.1 {lHBF} - Kapow!!! is in the way and will mark.
3 : 14.16 {rHFF} - Kapow!!! looks downfield.
3 : 14.22 {rFP} - Handpass over the shoulder to Marlowe.
3 : 14.29 {rFP} - Marlowe screws it round his body.
3 : 14.33 {rFP} - Marlowe adds a minor score to his team's total.
Gold City Royals : 8.11.59
Baghdad Bombers : 5.2.32

I choose to believe this was the deciding point.

Fans are already referring to it as 'The Point'.

3 : 14.1 {lHBF} - Kapow!!! is in the way and will mark.
3 : 14.16 {rHFF} - Kapow!!! looks downfield.
3 : 14.22 {rFP} - Handpass over the shoulder to Marlowe.
3 : 14.29 {rFP} - Marlowe screws it round his body.
3 : 14.33 {rFP} - Marlowe adds a minor score to his team's total.
Gold City Royals : 8.11.59
Baghdad Bombers : 5.2.32

The point of nearly return.

It's posts like this that make me wish it was you who was retiring instead of KP.
You can't blame him for running with a schtick that sells. The same posting style has gotten him universal adoration from all parts of the league, an admin run, 13 All-SFA selections, multiple beez awards, a Hall of Fame induction and cemented his spot as the most popular poster ever over a 15 season time period.

Meanwhile, I'll write a carefully constructed, intricate 800-word post with a coherent story, relevant references for all but 5 people to scroll past it.

1607252970420.png

You can't blame him for running with a schtick that sells. The same posting style has gotten him universal adoration from all parts of the league, an admin run, 13 All-SFA selections, multiple beez awards, a Hall of Fame induction and cemented his spot as the most popular poster ever over a 15 season time period.

Meanwhile, I'll write a carefully constructed, intricate 800-word post with a coherent story, relevant references for all but 5 people to scroll past it.

View attachment 1023724

To be fair I'm one of the five, always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait to post in a grand final match thread without being told, "sir, you're causing a scene." :D

I smell a season 30 best and fairest...

Royals BnF tabulated over the span of our first 15 Seasons. Top 10 from every season - who will win?

probably you, Blacky

1607336713873-png.1024224

Congratulations to The Filth Wizard , Noobz0r , CakeEater and Marlowe on making the S30 All-SFA team. Especially to Cakeeater on making the team for the first time. We got 4 selections which is the most of any team this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back