Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rent-a-crowd? They're certainly not getting paid. Who cares if they come from outside the local area, the environment affects more than just the person next door. They obviously care about the issue and one thing I will defend is the right for people to protest.

most wouldn't even know what the protest of the day was about

The trouble with Perth infrastructure:
Band-Aid.jpg

I say bring in toll roads and actually do something meaningful with Perth's roads.

The trouble with Perth infrastructure:
Band-Aid.jpg

I say bring in toll roads and actually do something meaningful with Perth's roads.

really? I would have thought we have one of the best road systems for our population.

you can suck my arse if u think i'm gonna pay to use a bloody road
It's all just cost-shifting; roads need to be paid for and taxes should be applied correctly to ensure there's enough funding. But people always want to lower their tax bill. So all they do is lower the tax bill and introduce tolls roads instead. Personally, I think it's nice we've been able to avoid toll roads but if we want to push people on to other forms of travel, it's probably inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the whole point of toll roads is for someone else to foot the bill of constructing the roads in the first place. Not sure making existing infrastructure pay per use is necessarily the way to go.

I'd support a car pool lane or lanes on the Freeway and/or some kind of congestion charge for driving into the CBD.

This morning I caught a train and at ~8am it was a 10 minute wait between the train I just missed and the one I got (which isn't as per the timetable, delay of some sort) which was full. I'd support a congestion charge funding more trains but not just 'hey we don't want you using the Freeway, pay or get the train' which is what govts normally do.

I think the whole point of toll roads is for someone else to foot the bill of constructing the roads in the first place. Not sure making existing infrastructure pay per use is necessarily the way to go.

I'd support a car pool lane or lanes on the Freeway and/or some kind of congestion charge for driving into the CBD.

This morning I caught a train and at ~8am it was a 10 minute wait between the train I just missed and the one I got (which isn't as per the timetable, delay of some sort) which was full. I'd support a congestion charge funding more trains but not just 'hey we don't want you using the Freeway, pay or get the train' which is what govts normally do.

I'd prefer to see free public transport than toll roads.

Absolutely agree. I don't know anything about this issue and have no feeling one way or another, but I'm glad people are passionate enough to give up their time to protest. The government - any government - need to know that their decisions affect the lives of the people and we shouldn't sit back and accept everything they do.

The ABC were interviewing people the other morning and there were nurses, professionals, business men/women who got out early in the morning to protest and then go to work. This notion of rent-a-crowd or professional protesters is so outrageously outdated it's embarrassing.

I to have no interest in Roe8 and would probably benefit from the highway or any other highway not proceeding. After all, why should I have to pay for a road just so people in the outer suburbs can travel easier and safely!

I also take great pleasure in watching the government struggle with the protestors with there misleading and deceptive conduct. These protests are organised by the same people and put a "call to arms" to the same people. Having met some of these people protesting about my projects, I have shaken their hands and asked them about the project and their concerns. They simply didn't even know what they were protesting for.

Further, we have successfully taken out one of the high profile political leaders who was taped saying "that doesn't suit my political objective" in regards to rectifying false statements. Essentially you have a "rent a crowd" following people who have made a career and living through lies.

oh and isn't it interesting the ABC is always there no matter how petty the protest issue is. Hmmmmm....

In this circumstance we have Roe8 which is simply a road replacing an existing road through the same area. Clearly a huge issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back