Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 3 v West Coast

Big win, lots of goals, lots of different goalkickers. Happy days!

Carryovers and substitutes.
Only 10 carryover teams. No substitutes required.

Most Popular Picks
1711887581461.png

The KELVIN
There were 11 different goalkickers so there were always going to be some good scores. And with so many of the favourites getting on the scoresheet this week there were also eight Chumps.

The Kelvin was shared between Sharkey66 and Wocka who had identical teams and each scored 158. manutd/dogs (155) finished third and was the best of the Chumpgetters. Another five with chumps followed very closely behind - a group of four of them had identical teams.

This week's average score was 97.93 and the median was 102.

1711887882522.png

The PIEMAN
The very consistent chez_ferret finished in this week's top 10 for the third week in a row. So he has extended his lead in the Pieman to 62 points. TiAn_ holds onto second place 10 points ahead of Bulldog rick .

Our Pieman table now includes late entrants Brian Perrin and jaxie01 so we are up to a field of 43.

1711888295354.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Harvey Gallagher's quick brace of goals in the second quarter earned him Player of the Week just ahead of Bont and English.

1711888782215.png

Best Possible score this week would have been a Chump of Gallagher, Bontempelli, English, Daniel and Vandermeer which would have given a base score of 182 and Chump bonus of 72, for a total of 254 points.

Best possible non-Chump score would have been 3x Gallagher and 2x Bontempelli, worth 246 points.

Pieman Player of the Year

Cody Weightman (113) is the early leader, 11 points ahead of Bontempelli.

1711889166707.png

Good work, Dogwatch.

I keep getting 4/5 goal scorers, narrowly missing bonus points.

This week I initially had Treloar as my fifth goal scorer. I changed that to Darcy. And then I changed to Sanders. Of course Sanders was the only one of that trio who didn't kick a goal. :(

Good work, Dogwatch.

This week I initially had Treloar as my fifth goal scorer. I changed that to Darcy. And then I changed to Sanders. Of course Sanders was the only one of that trio who didn't kick a goal. :(
Yeah me too.

I did a whatif ... what if Sanders had kicked a goal?

There would have been 17 Chumps instead of 8. You'd have got 161 points. I'd have got 106. :(

:think:I was 8th out of 8 chumps. I guess that makes me the chumpiest!
It depends how you calibrate your Chumpometer.
I didn't quite get a Chump at all. Does that make me Chumpier or less Chumpy?

It depends how you calibrate your Chumpometer.
I didn't quite get a Chump at all. Does that make me Chumpier or less Chumpy?
Neither
When I calibrate my Chumpometer it says if you don't get a chump you're a Chump's bridesmaid. But I don't know mine is a cheap version from China.

Good work, Dogwatch.

This prompted me to have a look at my breakdown from last year. I went for 5 individual goal kickers every week and got 3 chumps across the season, full breakdown as follows:

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 10.34.28 am.png

On the weeks I got 4, these are the players I missed on:

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 10.34.37 am.png

One of these was JUH missing from 15m directly in front after the siren, but two chumps this year so far with JUH and Darcy both kicking goal in the last minute to sneak in (JUH stealing Dale's certainty). Lady luck is a cruel mistress...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back