Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Nori. Put it in the positive thread too.
I was at a Northern Blues business breakfast this morning with Cain Liddle (CEO) as the guest speaker. As always, he was extremely impressive. Major points from the Q&A were as follows.

1. The club leadership expects the side to be in a position to win premierships from 2020-21
2. Carlton has a 25% larger supporter base than Richmond. Cain is supremely confident he can replicate what they did at Richmond at Carlton, i.e. memberships 100K +. This is where they are currently working very hard, so they can take advantage of an upswing in performances.
3. Carlton have instructed their own recruiting and list mangement staff to build a strong Northern Blues list. This is seen as critically important to the development of our youngsters.
4. Juddy is viewed as just about the most important person at Carlton right now. He is performing a critical roll in the media by explaining the club's strategy and he's also viewed as being critically important to the club's prospects of attracting talented young players to the club through trades/FA.
5. Carlton's two major levers to gain advantage over the other sides in the competition resides with bringing in the best people (culture, competency) and also providing the best facilities (20M for AFLW). He's very happy with where the club is placed on both fronts.
6. Bolts is absolutely the right person to coach Carlton. Cain's view is that circumstances largely outside of their control have been responsible for their ladder position right now, because they are doing a lot of things right (witness Charlie signing on for 5).
7. He once again emphasised the massive gap in the list for players aged 24-26. He left no doubt that correcting this imbalance will be a priority for the trade period this year. Reading between the lines, they are going to be very aggressive in their persuit of players in this age range.

He's 2nd favourite in the gambling markets...behind Tom Mitchell who always polls well because of his stats.
Cripps just has a Judd like aura when he gets the ball, he is not a great kick, has average pace and doesn't always select the best option, but you just love seeing him get it.

Weitering running through DeGoey's attempted mark - making the chest puffer pay - followed by Paddy Dow's arm sling of Pendelbury across the boundary line - followed by a quick well done from Cripps low five - mongrel gold right there folks.

That was a beastly tackle from Dow on Pendles. Dow is a strong young man (now with added Rising Star nomination)
Would be interested to see how many rising star nominations we have playing for us at the moment! Excluding GWS and GC, would have to be the most! (dating back to Murphy and Kreuzer who got nominations too).

Would be interested to see how many rising star nominations we have playing for us at the moment! Excluding GWS and GC, would have to be the most! (dating back to Murphy and Kreuzer who got nominations too).
Simpson
Murphy
Thomas
Kruezer
Jones
Mullett
Kerridge
Cripps
Lang
Weitering
Marchbank
SPS
Cuningham
Silvagni
Curnow
Dow

Weitering running through DeGoey's attempted mark - making the chest puffer pay - followed by Paddy Dow's arm sling of Pendelbury across the boundary line - followed by a quick well done from Cripps low five - mongrel gold right there folks.
Pretty sure Kennedy put Pendlebury on his **** too. Front on, shoulder into the chest, old man fall back on his ****...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Cripps' kicking.

He's improved dramatically. He's gone from a D+/C- kick to a consistent B grade kick (except for set shots. Getting better but still C+ at best). I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who can consistently hit A grade kicks, but that's not his game. When he kicks the ball now he almost always hits his target. Unlike anyone else in our team he'll lower the eyes and hit a 25m pass, especially when taking a mark/free kick.

He's become very efficient at kicking. As I say he's not going to be an A grade kick who could hit a laser 50m pass, but more often than not he'll find a target now that guys around him aren't, and considering that was an obvious weakness in his game to get it to a point where it's reliable and consistent is very good.

Anyone having issues read this topic and posts again. Remember where we were when Malthouse was in charge. When we went to drafts with Hughes/Rogers in charge. When we had no money. In only a few years look at us.

A list with a future and a heap of young talent (and more to come)
Quality people on our list
Long term large sponsors
Highest membership
Much improved financial position
Ungrading of PP
Women's team
Much more professional organisation
Better engagement with members and supporters
Young players re signing
Great atmosphere and culture
Charlies Crew
A United Club on the same path

This is a long ride and there will be many ups and downs but stick fat. I really believe we are on the way back to being a powerhouse again. Patience

Cripps is starting to consistently kick goals.

I really wish I could post a positive thing which isn't about Patrick Cripps.

Also, his marking has increased tenfold. Clearly said i need to get better at contested marks and kicking at the start of pre-season and has definitely achieved this. Has also looked quicker in space. Can’t wait to see what he introduces next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cripps is starting to consistently kick goals.

I really wish I could post a positive thing which isn't about Patrick Cripps.
Is he our best crumber? Great, soft hands and reaction s.

He's not super agile, but he's such a bull that unless you get the right angle on him you ain't gonna bring him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back