The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one, not even the Premier himself has said that he is not perfect. But he is by far the best to be handling this situation here in WA. And make no mistake, he was the leader in the NC .
He gets bagged by the right wing media , but he was the only one to call out Morrison on the borders issue.
Morrison was all for just letting things be, but refused to accept what the Premier was telling him. Morrisons usual BS, it is not a Federal issue.
Gutwein runner up imo did a great job until he was basically pushed into opening up.

As was Andrews.
Andrews got a lot wrong towards the end of our lockdown 6 (?). He lost the public trust so had no real choice but to open with cases way higher than those in NSW. I never have and never will understand people that follow politics like a sports team. You clearly love and adore the labor party.

Anchor man. Care to share what you think McGowan has got wrong with Covid?
I don't , honestly see much he has done wrong.
I guess it depends on which side of the pickets you sit. Or which rag you read, or again which TV you watch.
I am of the opinion that the Premier, due to the one sided, and only rag we have here in WA, is always going to be under the hammer from them.
He has done what he told people he and the Government, our Government, was going to do. Protect WA and the residents.
I am but a simple man with a view. I do not go much into deeply, just call things as I see them. I see that there are portions of the public, the media, the medical profession, that have bagged him all along.
Oh forgot to mention the Liberals and Nationals. They like their Federal counterparts, have never once backed the stance to protect the people of WA.I put them in the same basket as Palmer and Morrison, Cash , Porter and all the other supposed WA reps from the LNP that are supposed to be West Australians.

I don't , honestly see much he has done wrong.
I guess it depends on which side of the pickets you sit. Or which rag you read, or again which TV you watch.
I am of the opinion that the Premier, due to the one sided, and only rag we have here in WA, is always going to be under the hammer from them.
He has done what he told people he and the Government, our Government, was going to do. Protect WA and the residents.
I am but a simple man with a view. I do not go much into deeply, just call things as I see them. I see that there are portions of the public, the media, the medical profession, that have bagged him all along.
Oh forgot to mention the Liberals and Nationals. They like their Federal counterparts, have never once backed the stance to protect the people of WA.I put them in the same basket as Palmer and Morrison, Cash , Porter and all the other supposed WA reps from the LNP that are supposed to be West Australians.
Has done a great job second to none in this country. Should have called this delay a couple of weeks ago. Not 3 like one poster said, that was New Year’s Day.

That's the distressing part. Particularly is there's a health issue. You'd hope the 'compassionate grounds' exception would not be strict. That said I can see, when looking east, why McGowan is concerned. And from my reading it appears those working in the health sector fully support his action.

For compassionate grounds you’ll need to apply for it, proof of rapid test within 24 hours of arrival, be triple dosed and also self quarantine for 14 days.

When the government in question has the ability to print currency for sure.

Can the wa government print money hairy?

Yet another hairy own goal…..

WA doesn't need to

The rest of the world goes on an infrastructure spend to pull themselves out of a hole........and the first place they call for commodities is WA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me thinks that McGoin nowhere is hoping that the current wave over east will peter out before opening. Problem is though another variant will probably come along and around we go again.

To be honest I don't get the 'compassion' bit either, even though you need to be 3rd dosed a neg test before departure then again on arrival you'll still have to quarantine for two weeks

What would be the point? I doubt anyone is going to put themselves through that unless it's absolutely desperate like a death bed scenario, in that case once your quarantine is finished your loved one has likely passed. :shrug:

I think he has to offer compassionate given there are exemptions for business

And when they stop we have a recession

how long does it take to build infrastructure? a reasonable time

but yes like we saw from the 2008 GFC the mining boom came to an end 7 years later

As if random people missing funerals and other trivial bullshit is enough to justify letting covid run through your population.
My wife is going to visit her Dad in Brisbane in Melbourne tomorrow who has liver cancer for the first time in over a year and is about to go into palative care.

That you consider that to be "trivial bullshit" and that Anastasia has "let Covid run through her population" is a reflection on you, that is nothing short of the reflection of a piece is of s**t.

As if random people missing funerals and other trivial bullshit is enough to justify letting covid run through your population.

unfortunately this speaks volumes of the person you are

I could accept the position when covid was an unknown but two years of planning, 99% double vax of the vulnerable age and 600k boosters suggest 90-99% triple vax of the vulnerable.

what more does one want?

oh and before you say "what about the kids"...................

"Most children and adolescents are at very low risk of severe COVID-19. Safety and immunogenicity data are currently being generated for those aged under 18 years. Until this data are available, vaccination of persons under the age of 18 is not recommended.".....novovax

Last edited:
For compassionate grounds you’ll need to apply for it, proof of rapid test within 24 hours of arrival, be triple dosed and also self quarantine for 14 days.
As for the 1st three, that's reasonable under the circumstances.

As far as the 14-day quarantine goes it's self-quarantining "at suitable premises" which can be the home of those they are visiting so long as the household abides by the same conditions. Doesn't seem too onerous to me.

And the compassionate reasons are quite extensive.

YUTTIao.jpg

I tripped over 7 bodies going to the pub here in “The East” - lucky I’m loaded with COVIDs so couldn’t smell them
we like to take the piss out of each other but cumon show some respect for families that have lost loved ones. It’s not funny m8 it’s revolting what you’ve just written.

we like to take the piss out of each other but cumon show some respect for families that have lost loved ones. It’s not funny m8 it’s revolting what you’ve just written.
Mate i have total respect and feel for families who have lost people. Just emphasising the bullshit picture that McGowan painted for his state is that, bullshit.

Mate i have total respect and feel for families who have lost people. Just emphasising the bullshit picture that McGowan painted for his state is that, bullshit.
Nah m8 making fun of bodies is not making any point at all. It’s just disrespectful. Most of us have thick skin on here and can take a jibe but it’s totally uncalled for.

As for the 1st three, that's reasonable under the circumstances.

As far as the 14-day quarantine goes it's self-quarantining "at suitable premises" which can be the home of those they are visiting so long as the household abides by the same conditions. Doesn't seem too onerous to me.

And the compassionate reasons are quite extensive.

YUTTIao.jpg

Probably can’t see someone in palliative care, who is terminally ill or go to a funeral if you’re isolating for 14 days mate. Unless a funeral can hold off for 2-3 weeks.

Back