The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's ScoMo. What does that have to do with the states?

I don't place any credence in what ScoMo says and I hope that WA is still smart enough to fu** him at the federal election...but people who have family in the West are tired of this sh*t.

Imagine having a family member with dementia and not knowing if they will know who you are when you're eventually allowed in? I speak to my mum often by phone but I have no idea if she'd recognise me when I can get to see her.

Imagine having 2 family members die in the space of a month and not be able to be there or help those left behind?! It's outright cruel and unnecessary and not to mention damaging to people's mental health.
Pathetic cheer leading again from the DiIMWIT you’ve quoted.

The west doesnt want the economic damage , social damage and death toll from rampant covid.

You #%^* just dont wanna listen….

It’s a very common opinion. And one that’s not going to effect Marks decision. Yet here you are Dummy spitting, almost believing our opinions might change Marks mind 🤣🤣.

Take it as a compliment. People wanna see friends and family in WA and people want to visit.

Last edited:
What alternate reality are you living in? Shops are still shut sporadically due to staff being sick/isolating, shelves are half empty in the supermarket, still no RATs available, many of us won't be returning back to the office for months.

I would 1000000% change our position for WA, where they can basically do as they please WITHOUT the risk of a deadly virus hanging over their head.
When was the last time you tried to buy a RAT? Go and ask the front counter of any Chemist Warehouse and they'll more often than not have one.

Shelves in the supermarket are filling up again. Go down Swan Street and tell me how many shops, pubs and restaurants and closed or empty.

As for offices, the 7 day average here is crashing at speed (as the South African outbreak showed). I don't share your pessimism on offices reopening. I think that will happen within weeks.

It hasn't been normal life to start 2022, but we're on the good side of the wave and things are looking up. And like it or not, WA will have to deal with it one way or the other. My guess is that McGowan just wants it to break out by accident, which it will eventually, rather than bite the bullet and show some leadership like SA, Qld and Tas.

Mate. WA has the beauty of being isolated from the rest of us...it's pretty hard to keep the other 24mil locked in, can you imagine the damage that'd do? Omicron has come and it to will pass as is evidenced by the falling numbers and we will resume normal life fairly quick.

That's the entire point. If situations were reversed and Victoria was the isolated state and people had been living life pretty much normally for the last two years then the prevailing opinion would be for that to continue.

If things will resume to normal life fairly quickly on the east coast, why would WA rush to open up just to cop the rough end of it?

When was the last time you tried to buy a RAT? Go and ask the front counter of any Chemist Warehouse and they'll more often than not have one.

Shelves in the supermarket are filling up again. Go down Swan Street and tell me how many shops, pubs and restaurants and closed or empty.

As for offices, the 7 day average here is crashing at speed (as the South African outbreak showed). I don't share your pessimism on offices reopening. I think that will happen within weeks.

It hasn't been normal life to start 2022, but we're on the good side of the wave and things are looking up. And like it or not, WA will have to deal with it one way or the other. My guess is that McGowan just wants it to break out by accident, which it will eventually, rather than bite the bullet and show some leadership like SA, Qld and Tas.

Chemist I visited today had a sign saying no tests available, so wrong straight up there.

Supermarket again had half empty meat/deli shelves. Strike two.

I'm not going anywhere near Swan Street, I'm immunocompromised and am unable to get my booster until next week. But the amount of dumb campaigners without masks at the shops is enough to keep me away from places like that for a while longer.

Numbers are stabilising, but they are nowhere near comfort levels yet. Hospitals numbers are still very high and staff are still regularly furloughed. School returns in two weeks and that will * everything all over again. I've already been told my office won't be returning until late February, where it will be evaluated and likely kept shut due to the school wave.

Everything isn't rosy despite the picture you're trying to paint.

That's the entire point. If situations were reversed and Victoria was the isolated state and people had been living life pretty much normally for the last two years then the prevailing opinion would be for that to continue.

If things will resume to normal life fairly quickly on the east coast, why would WA rush to open up just to cop the rough end of it?
There’s a reason case number will fall over here though. Something that WA has yet to go through, it’s not just magically disappearing.

Chemist I visited today had a sign saying no tests available, so wrong straight up there.

I'm not going anywhere near Swan Street, I'm immunocompromised and am unable to get my booster until next week. But the amount of dumb campaigners without masks at the shops is enough to keep me away from places like that for a while longer.

Numbers are stabilising, but they are nowhere near comfort levels yet. Hospitals numbers are still very high and staff are still regularly furloughed. School returns in two weeks and that will fu** everything all over again. I've already been told my office won't be returning until late February, where it will be evaluated and likely kept shut due to the school wave.

Was able to get a box of RATs from chemist warehouse on Thursday, limit of one pack but they are around. My local shops has a few issues with meat but nothing crazy.

Everything isn’t doom and gloom despite the picture you’re trying to paint.

Lol - when it gets out here it will be with almost everyone including kids fully vaccinated.

OH nOeS iTs muCh bEttEr to cOmplEtely lose ContRol of aN ouTbreAk havE youR econOmy In tHe toileT and heAps of DeatHs

WA have had about 2 years pretty much isolated. An extension of 2 more months or so when boosters are shown to be important against Omicron and presumably the state will have the RAT experience of the Eastern states so they know what to plan for. Can see why you would make that calculation

WA have had about 2 years pretty much isolated. An extension of 2 more months or so when boosters are shown to be important against Omicron and presumably the state will have the RAT experience of the Eastern states so they know what to plan for. Can see why you would make that calculation
100% correct which is what McGowan should have said 3 weeks ago. They should look to open in March but honestly I can’t see it happening with him in charge. They will waste all the early booster shots trying to wait for the absolute perfect time to open.

100% correct which is what McGowan should have said 3 weeks ago. They should look to open in March but honestly I can’t see it happening with him in charge. They will waste all the early booster shots trying to wait for the absolute perfect time to open.
Orrr they will have all the kids vaxxed where the eastern stares are sending their kids back to school unvaxxed - oops there goes another wave….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy your concrete jungle you complete tool...meanwhile I've set my mud crab nets on the way out to chase fish of the day.
Hope you enjoy your deconstructed parmi and I hope its is as enjoyable as my BBQ tonite...as if we care about your city ways you anal flog
How dare you WA people enjoy your life.

The sheer gall.

Orrr they will have all the kids vaxxed where the eastern stares are sending their kids back to school unvaxxed - oops there goes another wave….
Seven day averages have been falling fast in the UK despite sending kids back to school pretty much at their peak in early January.

But don't let objective evidence get in the way of a good melt!

Numbers are stabilising, but they are nowhere near comfort levels yet. Hospitals numbers are still very high and staff are still regularly furloughed. School returns in two weeks and that will fu** everything all over again. I've already been told my office won't be returning until late February, where it will be evaluated and likely kept shut due to the school wave.

Try this.

Seven day averages have been falling fast in the UK despite sending kids back to school pretty much at their peak in early January.

But don't let objective evidence get in the way of a good melt!
Uk have some herd immunity due to the huge case numbers in the preceding waves. The uk’s child vaccination rate is also far ahead of australias

So who do you suggest, Kirkup, Mia Davies, Libby Mettam!!!
Make no mistake we would be in the same boat as the East Coast if the Libs were in charge here in WA>
Imagine Barney Rubble bending over for Scotty.
He didn't even have balls enough to stand up for WA on the dollars returned to the state.
Yep Mr McGowan is the best man for the job.

That's ScoMo. What does that have to do with the states?

I don't place any credence in what ScoMo says and I hope that WA is still smart enough to fu** him at the federal election...but people who have family in the West are tired of this sh*t.

Imagine having a family member with dementia and not knowing if they will know who you are when you're eventually allowed in? I speak to my mum often by phone but I have no idea if she'd recognise me when I can get to see her.

Imagine having 2 family members die in the space of a month and not be able to be there or help those left behind?! It's outright cruel and unnecessary and not to mention damaging to people's mental health.
M8 I have epa for both parents. I’ve organised everything from here since it started. My father has been diagnosed with Korsakov which people call dementia but really is brain damage from alcoholism. I haven’t seen my daughter but I accept it because it is the right thing. So yes I don’t have to imagine. I have no selfish interest in opening up for me if it puts a decent amount of people in danger.

So who do you suggest, Kirkup, Mia Davies, Libby Mettam!!!
Make no mistake we would be in the same boat as the East Coast if the Libs were in charge here in WA>
Imagine Barney Rubble bending over for Scotty.
He didn't even have balls enough to stand up for WA on the dollars returned to the state.
Yep Mr McGowan is the best man for the job.
I have never voted Libs and certainly won’t be starting this coming election. But McGowan has faults and one is his inability to get ready for Covid, if he goes past March he will have wasted the early boosters that went to the elderly and vulnerable.

Well i guess he’s speaking from experience being at the coal face, meanwhile the emperor is scaring the sh*t out of the old folk in WA.
Not only the old. I have a relative (40s) working in a health related service in Perth who keeps posting on FB how “terrified” they all are.

Last edited:
Me thinks that McGoin nowhere is hoping that the current wave over east will peter out before opening. Problem is though another variant will probably come along and around we go again.

To be honest I don't get the 'compassion' bit either, even though you need to be 3rd dosed a neg test before departure then again on arrival you'll still have to quarantine for two weeks

What would be the point? I doubt anyone is going to put themselves through that unless it's absolutely desperate like a death bed scenario, in that case once your quarantine is finished your loved one has likely passed. :shrug:

It’s a very common opinion. And one that’s not going to effect Marks decision. Yet here you are Dummy spitting, almost believing our opinions might change Marks mind 🤣🤣.

Take it as a compliment. People wanna see friends and family in WA and people want to visit.
That's the distressing part. Particularly is there's a health issue. You'd hope the 'compassionate grounds' exception would not be strict. That said I can see, when looking east, why McGowan is concerned. And from my reading it appears those working in the health sector fully support his action.

I have never voted Libs and certainly won’t be starting this coming election. But McGowan has faults and one is his inability to get ready for Covid, if he goes past March he will have wasted the early boosters that went to the elderly and vulnerable.
No one, not even the Premier himself has said that he is not perfect. But he is by far the best to be handling this situation here in WA. And make no mistake, he was the leader in the NC .
He gets bagged by the right wing media , but he was the only one to call out Morrison on the borders issue.
Morrison was all for just letting things be, but refused to accept what the Premier was telling him. Morrisons usual BS, it is not a Federal issue.

Back