Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both clubs on the right track and will play in the 2021, 2022 and 2023 grand finals.

While the general posting community would doubtless grant us little sympathy going forward after six flags and two threepeats in 22 years I suspect that the Carlton fans would have a special place of loathing in their hearts for us after three losing grand final appearances!

as much as i hate them i will have to say at this stage carlton

carltons defence shits on the lions

brisbane have a better forwardline though hipwood is a star and schache should be too. mckay hasnt played and they cant decide where to play weitering full
time.

then the battle of the midfields
cripps,sps,fisher, charlie ''kouta curnow. with support from murphy and gibbs. and possibly taranto or kelly vs mcluggage,keays,rockliff,zorko,beams on paper the lions mids in the now look better but id back the blues mids to beat them

then it comes down the coach and for me bolton wins this and gives the edge to carlton
Wouldn't think Carltons defence 'shits on' the Lions...

Brisbane. Really dont get the hype about Carlton's young players. Rising star noms mean jack all.

Weitering, Cripps, guns sure. Curnow looks ok. Marchbank looks solid if he can stay fit. Dont rate the other gws recycled players. Silvagni looks ordinary.

Brisbane. Really dont get the hype about Carlton's young players. Rising star noms mean jack all.

Weitering, Cripps, guns sure. Curnow looks ok. Marchbank looks solid if he can stay fit. Dont rate the other gws recycled players. Silvagni looks ordinary.

Wayne Carey says he is more excited by C Curnow that any other young player in the comp. Any other player. You think he's "ok". I think we can safely ignore your assessment.

So Curnow looks 'okay', he looks like a gun in the making. In a shite forward line, with slow ball movement has taken around 10 marks a game for the last 5 weeks, has shown a very impressive ability to take a contested grab, his tackle pressure has gone up quite a bit and his field kicking is superb. Perhaps watch a little more and you'll see some of the things we're seeing. What about all the other young guys? Whats not to like about SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Byrne, Docherty, Cuningham, Plowman, Macreadie - who are all already best 22 when not injured (except perhaps Macreadie who has been impressive but the resurgence of Jones and a few others are in front of him - we aren't short of good KPD's). By no means am I saying they're all guns but I'm all saying they've shown they can cut it at the top level and have the ability to grow into good players - some perhaps guns. Docherty was spoken about as a ball butcher and wasn't overly rated by many opposition fans until the last season and a half.

The GWS spares people like bagging us for aren't exactly an issue, cap dumps to get the player we actually wanted in Plowman and Marchbank mainly.- We've made 30 odd list changes in 2 seasons, can't fill all those spots with draft picks, still a way to go and its fair to say we'll see another reasonable turnover.

You're right, rising star noms mean jack all - except that it gives our young guys some confidence in the way they're playing and developing. Good culture being built at the club, very evident to all those who follow it closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary? Lol.

He was pretty much the match-winner vs GWS.

Agree.
Andrews,McStay,Mayes,Rich,Roberston,Witherden are building into a first class defense. And potentially adding Ballendon next year who is showing a lot of potential as a defender
Yeup it looks to be building very nicely. I think the post was referring to your defense being 500 points worse in the against column than us this year. Though such absolute measures ignore game plans and stages of development, amongst other things. I like what I'm seeing at Brisbane and think Witherden could be the best young guy you've found in this rebuild yet

Yeup it looks to be building very nicely. I think the post was referring to your defense being 500 points worse in the against column than us this year. Though such absolute measures ignore game plans and stages of development, amongst other things. I like what I'm seeing at Brisbane and think Witherden could be the best young guy you've found in this rebuild yet
I think the reason we have so many more Points Against is because we play a more attacking gameplan than Carlton (more Points for) but also our midfield doesn't run hard as defensively as it should. Really need to work on it.

Does anyone actually listen to Wayne Carey?

Mmm, let me see ... BF poster who_let_the_dogs_out versus Wayne Carey .... yeah, I think I'll listen to him on this occasion. Others in the media reckon he's special too.

As for his Falcons coach, Mick Turner: “I haven’t seen a player like him in my 20 years,” Turner said. “He can play full forward, centre half forward, centre half back and before he hurt his knee he was playing for us as a ruck rover. So he can be that big-bodied midfielder and he’s an elite runner. So he has enormous potential.” Just have a little think about who Turner has coached at the Falcons over 20 years.

Mmm, let me see ... BF poster who_let_the_dogs_out versus Wayne Carey .... yeah, I think I'll listen to him on this occasion. Others in the media reckon he's special too.

As for his Falcons coach, Mick Turner: “I haven’t seen a player like him in my 20 years,” Turner said. “He can play full forward, centre half forward, centre half back and before he hurt his knee he was playing for us as a ruck rover. So he can be that big-bodied midfielder and he’s an elite runner. So he has enormous potential.” Just have a little think about who Turner has coached at the Falcons over 20 years.

If Charlie keeps going with his brother eds work ethic he will be a superstar

Ok if Wayne 'the oracle' Carey, some media people who think he's special plus his TAC cup coach are hyping him up he must be pretty good.

No way in hell is he the best young player in the comp. How young are we talking exactly? Would take Daniher, Hipwood, Moore, Lynch, Hogan, Dixon, etc etc before him and those are just forwards.

I said he was "ok". Clearly dont rate him as the second coming of Christ and that apparently isnt good enough.

Ok if Wayne 'the oracle' Carey, some media people who think he's special plus his TAC cup coach are hyping him up he must be pretty good.

No way in hell is he the best young player in the comp. How young are we talking exactly? Would take Daniher, Hipwood, Moore, Lynch, Hogan, Dixon, etc etc before him and those are just forwards.

I said he was "ok". Clearly dont rate him as the second coming of Christ and that apparently isnt good enough.
:thumbsu:

Also Dixon is almost 27

Yeah, well he's clearly better than "OK". Maybe TAC coaches do hype players, but why would Turner say this about relatively to all his other kids over 20 years?

Wayne Carey says he is more excited by C Curnow that any other young player in the comp. Any other player. You think he's "ok". I think we can safely ignore your assessment.

Was probably high as **** when he said that.

Back