Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Where will we finish?

• 5th - Fold the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd want minor premiership and to put in a good showing at the MCG on the eve of finals. But I agree, they wont win.
I remember an article on the afl website with Zorko referring to a 100 year long minor premiers drought that the lions have been suffering from. Still don't think that's enough.

Other teams results have pretty much gone against us all year, so I don’t see why tats change now. Richmond to win comfortably, and our season ruined. What a waste
The loss to Collingwood. The inability to hang on against Richmond, even for a draw. And tonight's disgrace.

We haven't had that extra gear when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a positive note, we played half ass footy all year and still managed 15 wins. We have NN coming in which would basically make us full strength. I like our chances full strength outside top 4 if that is the case, let's do it the hard way, The older version of the hawks did it the hard way travelling to Perth twice and still looked fresh in 15 GF. Dogs did it in 16. Every team has a stinker and hopefully our one was just before finals. If lions win today then this comp is wide open. This is going to be another cracking finals series, top 4 or not, it is all about form. New season starts in 2 weeks, let's get excited people.

So basically we're hoping the Lions save our bacon.

We really shat the bed tonight.

Wce only excuse is the big game v Richmond and the 6 day break , up against the game Hawks gave GCS a training run ..

There has too be a reason for the s**t performance..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting press conference. Reporter asked Simmo if last week's game against Tigers had any effect on this week regarding fatigue. Simmo quickly said No. Then later on, Simmo says it was all about effort, we lacked effort.what??
These Journo's must be slow in the head.An AFL coach( premiership coach going for B2B) with top 2 and top 4 on the line, with that comment, should be destroyed by a competent reporter. What do you mean we lacked effort?? How could there be a lack of effort ?? If it was a dead rubber I get it. you have everything on the line,and in round 23 your response is ?" we lacked effort"??This is just either plain stupid or cunningly orchestrated response by a coach who is ignorant.
Let's recap- It's not fatigue according to head coach.Plenty of motivation for this game obviously. I am a little confused how a coach with straight face can just so easily say "lack of effort" was the reason. how about selection? how about tactical adjustment?? how about game day management?? how about technical adjustment?? and many many more areas?? Lets just sum it up as "lack of effort".

These days, People are too scared to admit they screwed up, or they made a mistake, or they were wrong.Instead, they sugar coat it with other things, phrases, or whatever the flavour of the month is to buy more time which basically is a flawed strategy. AFL coaches press conferences has always been a thing of beauty. It is a great case study. just watch these AFL coaches speak, close your eyes and listen, if you watch them all, you will realise they are basically repeating the same thing every week.Their pre game conference is pretty much 100% the same. Post game is a little bit more subjective, but overall, all of them have been coached by like two guys.

Can’t see Bris beating Richmond.

We’re finishing 5th.

We’ll play either Essendon or Hawthorn pending today’s Adelaide v Dogs game.

Unless it’s a draw, then we play the Dogs

Dogs are gonna fist Adelaide

Prefer Essendon but very aware Hutch is out and no one to tag Saad etc 😖
We’re making up numbers in 2019. Could be a an early exit indeed

Back