Strategy The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're hanging in there and banking the wins we need to. Importantly from here we need to smash the suns for a percentage boost, and must beat port and dogs who are our biggest competition for a spot in the 8. Once/if we're there, i feel like we'd be better prepared for an away elimination final against brissy/gws/adelaide than we've ever been.

So another away elimination final flogging? great

Injuries are building, but all of a sudden the next 5 are 7th and below.

3/5 minimum from those and if the pies have stictched up a home final by then, round 23 will be bruise free.

Injuries are building, but all of a sudden the next 5 are 7th and below.

3/5 minimum from those and if the pies have stictched up a home final by then, round 23 will be bruise free.

Yes hopefully Collingwood bounce back now after their form reversal - if they can hold onto second spot until the end of the year- which is more than possible -they will likely be managing some players last round and we will have some good players back by then (Bellcho, Ambrose, Heppell, Hurely to name a few)

Last edited:
Those are probably the two teams I'd least like to face in a final.
We're no better chance of beating Brisbane in Brisbane or Adelaide in Adelaide so we might as well settle for a game that most of us can actually go to and watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lions can blow this out to about 70 they'll go 2nd and Port's percentage will go below ours.
Too bad Melbourne couldn't beat the Dogs what s**t campaigners lols
If the Dees won, if we beat Adelaide it would of been very likely that we finished next week in 6th and 2 games and percentage clear of 9th.

I would be more confident against the Pies in a final than Richmond.
I think we're capable of eeking out a win over the Pies eventually. I don't know why but Richmond have just had something on us the last three years, we've never once looked like trumping them.

2 most important games are against Port and W.B.
Beat them both and a win against GC with another snagged along the way and we are set.
Ports W/L sequance of wining the even rounds, is not to our advantage, as we have them in R20.
Yeah that sequence ends next week. Richmond won’t lose to them at the MCG IMO.

In a year when there is only one team that is looking a class above (west coast), making the finals with momentum would be very exciting indeed. So many teams have stolen a GF in recent years and we pretty much fit the bill. I really liked what i saw against North... We played seriously good football without JD, Heppell, Smith, Ambrose, and Hurley (for part). Add to that Fantasia was a no show. To play our best, one or more of those players have been absolutely required in the past. I think the side is going through a quiet revolution/evolution right now. To see Laverde really start to show his potential, Clarke to fill a vital gap and our mids in general to out muscle "the hardest midfield in the AFL" is really significant. This is not the side we have seen in the past, and i don't think anyone knows their potential particularly when we get a couple of those guys missing back in the side. There is a solid chance we would not just be making up numbers if we make finals this year.

In a year when there is only one team that is looking a class above (west coast), making the finals with momentum would be very exciting indeed. So many teams have stolen a GF in recent years and we pretty much fit the bill. I really liked what i saw against North... We played seriously good football without JD, Heppell, Smith, Ambrose, and Hurley (for part). Add to that Fantasia was a no show. To play our best, one or more of those players have been absolutely required in the past. I think the side is going through a quiet revolution/evolution right now. To see Laverde really start to show his potential, Clarke to fill a vital gap and our mids in general to out muscle "the hardest midfield in the AFL" is really significant. This is not the side we have seen in the past, and i don't think anyone knows their potential particularly when we get a couple of those guys missing back in the side. There is a solid chance we would not just be making up numbers if we make finals this year.

There is a hard edge to the team now which keeps us in games really happy about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back