Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all,

I just wanted to do a little bit of housekeeping in the last few weeks of the off season as there have been some questions around the board in regards to when things kick off again.

For those that don't know, Season 23 will kick off with our first match threads on Tuesday 31/1/17. Team submission deadlines are Friday 27/1/17. After this date any new players must enter the sign up thread and only join a club based on the rules of sign up.

The fixture is done bar a final look through by a few more committee members. As a teaser, the following is the round one fixture. The rest will be available in the next day or so.

East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at Waverley Park
Baghdad Bombers v Sin City Swamprats at Abdu Prison
Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears at The Golden Throne
Geelong Wolves v West Coast Wonders at The Lair
Coney Island Warriors v Fighting Furies at Van Cortlandt Park
Dragons FFC v Roys FFC at Dragon Island

The following is very important information in relation to the simming of this seasons games.

Many long time players are aware we have run with a secret simmer policy after the events of the S19 Grand Final in an attempt to remove any doubt on the integrity of the sim and the simmer of our games. In recent years we've adopted a policy of multiple simmers to ensure each game is simulated to the highest quality (of course, we've had dramas but the system has been solid). This season, in discussion with the simming group the decision has been made to revert back to a public system to give a higher quality assurance, and also an assurance of transparency. I also feel that the roles are very time consuming and all of them deserve their accolades. Therefore, this seasons simming committee are the following:

Primary Simmers

Millky95 - does not sim Swamprat matches.

Hate - does not sim Dragons matches.

Backup Simmer

RU_ - will sim Swamprat vs Dragons matches and will be made available for any simmer absences.

Matches will be designated by myself on a weekly basis.

Match Posters

Matches will be posted on a weekly basis by Wooshette, Cloud_ and Wacky Tiger primarily however myself and our simmers are available to also post matches where required.

I'd like to thank all of them in advance for their contributions. Frankly without them the league doesn't survive.

Finally, in the next few days I will be starting the process to find the next admin and my successor so anybody that is interested please keep your eyes peeled.

Thank you and here's to a sensational Season 23.

Primary Simmers

Millky95 - does not sim Swamprat matches.

Hate - does not sim Dragons matches.

Backup Simmer

RU_ - will sim Swamprat vs Dragons matches and will be made available for any simmer absences.

Expect to receive some brown paper bags from me during the season.

And maybe the occasional death threat

Also if anybody has any questions not answered here please feel free to tag me in here and I will answer to the best of my capabilities.
1. Why do I keep getting overlooked to sim games?

2. Does the admin position come with gold plated toilet paper?

3. Would you consider helping out the struggling Bombers outfit by becoming a player?

Expect to receive some brown paper bags from me during the season.

And maybe the occasional death threat

Then you should expect to die Mr Crumpet.

*strokes cat

1. Why do I keep getting overlooked to sim games?

2. Does the admin position come with gold plated toilet paper?

3. Would you consider helping out the struggling Bombers outfit by becoming a player?

1. Because you're beautiful.

2. Yes, because I'm beautiful.

3. I'm already a player.

I can confirm Hate will be simming the Frand Final as I won't be simming Swamprats games :cool:

INB4 I get called corrupt
I see you also can't find the g spot on your keyboard either, Milton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Filthy on this thread and the simmers for their work. This is my third season in the simmers committee and its a very good system that works. It's untenable to expect one simmer to be available every weekend to sim 6 games and this way ensures that no one sims their own games and everyone is accountable to someone else.
The simming errors have been addressed and we are confident it won't be an issue this season, though in my time there I'd say with the number of games simmed each week the errors have been very few.
Looking forward to a very exciting Season 23.

I see you also can't find the g spot on your keyboard either, Milton

david-mitchell-laughing.gif

Well done to Filthy on this thread and the simmers for their work. This is my third season in the simmers committee and its a very good system that works. It's untenable to expect one simmer to be available every weekend to sim 6 games and this way ensures that no one sims their own games and everyone is accountable to someone else.
The simming errors have been addressed and we are confident it won't be an issue this season, though in my time there I'd say with the number of games simmed each week the errors have been very few.
Looking forward to a very exciting Season 23.
There wouldn't be an error of any kind under my watch. There shouldn't be an error with one simmer and there definitely shouldn't with two or three simmers. It's lazy and it's incompetent.

There wouldn't be an error of any kind under my watch. There shouldn't be an error with one simmer and there definitely shouldn't with two or three simmers. It's lazy and it's incompetent.
RU came out and fessed up that he was the one who made the errors and he took his medicine.

RU came out and fessed up that he was the one who made the errors and he took his medicine.
My point stands. I'll take responsibility though because If I didn't give in to his constant begging to help me post games, he'd neither be a mod, a simmer or a poster, and these errors wouldn't have occurred.

My point stands. I'll take responsibility though because If I didn't give in to his constant begging to help me post games, he'd neither be a mod, a simmer or a poster, and these errors wouldn't have occurred.
So it's all your f***** fault..figures
Bend over and take your punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back