Official Team Thread The Sin City Swamprats S25 Official Team Thread - I won.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 522381
Written by Ant Bear
As the euphoria of a finals win settled, we moved on to the next opponent. The West Coast Wonders had finished the H&A season in second, thanks to a controversial quirk of the sim, but after losing to the Roys twice in 2 weeks, we gave them a taste of our S23 straight sets pain. After trailing by 7 points at ¼ time, mainly due to our scattergun approach to goalkicking, we pulled the matchwinning move by shifting Power Raid to full forward. He booted 4 of our 7 goals for the second term as we took control. We then powered away, with edgie and sataris joining the goal gluttony, and sealed the deal with a seven goal final term, as Ant Bear stamped his authority on the game, to record our highest ever finals score enroute to a 33 point win.

Best players were difficult to single out, as most players played a role in the win. This was a win based on attack, though, and Power Raid’s 6 goals were crucial in asserting ascendancy while sataris, edgie and Ant Bear all booted 4. ShaunDuggan won the ruck battle, and our centreline knocked up getting the ball - GotTheGoodes (34 disposals), @Firestarter (28), @ant555 (24) and @philreich (19) all had great games.

We continued to be the most consistent posting side in the league, day-after-day, week-after-week. This thread extended to 72 pages, of which we contributed the nearly 900 posts. Most pleasing was seeing 17 posters, many of whom upped their normal contributions. Ant Bear with 152 and GotTheGoodes on 134 topped the numbers, but centuries were also recorded by sportsmaniac89 and philreich. rickety went close with 97 posts.

What a nightmare that was for the Wonders, I have never seen my captain come out with such a defeatest attitude in the match thread, we had no hope from the start that game.

A final note. Every season, people come, and people go, but tonight brings a (temporary) end to the Swamprat career of one of our favourites. Cheval has played 55 games with us, from the beginning of S23, and is now looking for travel and excitement in Baghdad. I think that I speak for all of us when I tell you, Chev, that we will miss you greatly around the changerooms; we still have those photos, which will be printed as billboard size posters and plastered over the walls, and if you ever want to return, we would welcome you back with open arms.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Much love Chev. Send me pics. xx

A final note. Every season, people come, and people go, but tonight brings a (temporary) end to the Swamprat career of one of our favourites. Cheval has played 55 games with us, from the beginning of S23, and is now looking for travel and excitement in Baghdad. I think that I speak for all of us when I tell you, Chev, that we will miss you greatly around the changerooms; we still have those photos, which will be printed as billboard size posters and plastered over the walls, and if you ever want to return, we would welcome you back with open arms.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Bye Cheval - Enjoy the fun and frivolity of the Bombers. Looking forward to pulling your pants down next season.... Wait, that came out wrong. Maybe...

Good luck.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I echo these sentiments.

You would be warmly welcomed for sure.

We would like one bit of extra advice though...whose bosom can ShaunDuggan nestle into next season?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
After finishing only 225 points behind you in the BnF Ant Bear I should think you'd be pleased to get rid of me.

G'night kids. Thanks. It's been fun.

What a nightmare that was for the Wonders, I have never seen my captain come out with such a defeatest attitude in the match thread, we had no hope from the start that game.

Does that mean #sackhaydo

I echo these sentiments.

You would be warmly welcomed for sure.

We would like one bit of extra advice though...whose bosom can ShaunDuggan nestle into next season?

I haven't decided yet.

#breakingnews

And that officially closes our season.

I have one more announcement. I am resigning as captain, effective immediately.

The captaincy of a SFA club is not, in my view, an open-ended appointment. It should not be bestowed upon someone by their predecessor, who then holds the position until they decide to relinquish it. As far as I’m concerned, every captaincy appointment is for one season only. Every season, the members of the team should get the opportunity to vote for the person who they believe is best equipped to serve as captain for the following season, and this will always happen during my term.

So I resign, but I will stand for the open position. We will open dialogue behind closed doors, for nominations and then for an election. Anyone else within the team who wants to throw their hat into the ring for captaincy of the Sin City Swamprats should feel free to also nominate themselves, in the sanctity of our team PM. There will be no recriminations or penalties, and should I be rolled, as I’m sure I will one day, it will be because I have not done a good enough job, or the team collectively feels that someone else is better equipped. Que sera, sera.

Once again, thank you to all the Swamprats for your interest and involvement at all levels of the club and the league. Special mentions to the LG - Dingster, sportsmaniac89, ShaunDuggan, philreich and LeaderInTraining GotTheGoodes - who have supported and encouraged everything we do. We have worked together as a team brilliantly, and you have created a harmonious, fun environment that attracts other posters to join us.

For now, though, everybody join us as we take over the Sin City nightclub for the rest of the night and most of tomorrow as well.

20171002_164751.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that concludes the count.

Just a word about the man in whose honour the medal is named. Toots Hibberd was an Alberton Swamprat legend. After debuting in our Premiership Season S6, he went on to lead the club in S9, before his unfortunate passing led to the club going into mothballs for 7 seasons. Toots played 65 games for 96 goals, and won All-SFA selection in S9.

The top 5, in ascending order, are:

5th, with 150 votes, Fred and Groove Medallist Dingster

4th, on164 votes, drazah Medallist GotTheGoodes

3rd, on 177 votes, SFA HoF’er ant555

2nd, with 209 votes, the crazy_big_al Golden Fister himself, ShaunDuggan

And the Toots Hibberd Medallist, on 243 votes is me!

FINAL LEADERBOARD

View attachment 522392
Grats AB. All the banter aside you do a power of work for the club. Well done mate.

Well done ShaunDuggan on getting within a bee's kahuna of AB. ant555 showed why he was gun recruit with a top 3 finish in his first season here.

To all the Swampies award nights are great recognition but it's everyone that makes the club fun and engaged. Thanks for making the Underground the place to be. Party time!

Brilliant first season. Thanks to everyone (no matter how active or not). We have a brilliant group of posters who I think play this game in the right way. Inclusive, humorous and with quick wits. Cheers for posting and bantering throughout the season.

We were one step away this season. Next season we go again. Bring it on!!

Now.... let's party!! TO SIN CITY!!!

This is my third B&F award for the Swamprats, which equals the club record of crazy_big_al, and I think this just goes to show that threats and intimidation can have an effect on the underlings in the Leadership Group. Of course, this award gives me uninhibited use of the liquor cabinet top shelf until next season, as well as first dibs on the topless waitresses for the week…

In all seriousness, thank you for the votes. A B&F is the highest honour that can be achieved at club level, and I am truly chuffed to reach the pinnacle again. It makes all the effort worthwhile.
Well done AB - a most worthy winner. At the start of the night, I set myself a personal goal to finish within 99 votes of the winner, and I'm truly delighted to have achieved that goal.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back