Radio The Sounding Board with Craig Hutchison & Damian Barrett (Podcast)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else listening to this? I'm still a weekly listener. Looking forward to this weeks ep as they dissect election night.
Yes, I listen every week. Don't agree with a some of their takes...and some annoy me (and yes, I know they don't care! :D ), but it is still a good listen. :moustache:

Yes, I listen every week. Don't agree with a some of their takes...and some annoy me (and yes, I know they don't care! :D ), but it is still a good listen. :moustache:
Yep, same. I don't agree with everything they say - they often don't agree with each other, especially in the Scorecard! But it is a good listen. It's probably the podcast I look forward to the most each week, together with Sacked. Which is interesting as I used to loathe Hutchy, thought he was a smarmy prick and he used to stick it to North at every opportunity. But he has mellowed in recent years, I think the pandemic has had an impact on him.

Yep, same. I don't agree with everything they say - they often don't agree with each other, especially in the Scorecard! But it is a good listen. It's probably the podcast I look forward to the most each week, together with Sacked. Which is interesting as I used to loathe Hutchy, thought he was a smarmy prick and he used to stick it to North at every opportunity. But he has mellowed in recent years, I think the pandemic has had an impact on him.

Completely agree re Hutchy. And weirdly enough I used to enjoy Damo as a journo but now he’s the annoying one of the pair!

It’s still a must-listen each week for me, aside from that shithouse scorecard thing they do each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Completely agree re Hutchy. And weirdly enough I used to enjoy Damo as a journo but now he’s the annoying one of the pair!

It’s still a must-listen each week for me, aside from that shithouse scorecard thing they do each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is true that Damo has become the more annoying of the pair. I love it when Hutchy winds him up for being perpetually cynical.

And the Scorecard is awesome!

I still listen, I agree with Purple that Hutchy has been in great form this season, he's been fantastic...
Damo should win the glass jaw by the length of the straight, he is absolutely incapable of taking any feedback or ribbing of anything he is involved with and seems to think he gets one up on Hutchy when he just looks like a sook IMO

How can you put up with Damian Barrett?
I.. barely tolerate him.

Probably the main reason I listen to the podcast, is because I do enjoy Hutchy's insights on the commercial and business aspects of the sports industry. He actually brings value to the discussion from his years of experience in this space.
Whereas Damo offers very little value.

Listen to the main body and question time on a weekly basis, usually at the gym. As mentioned above I enjoy hearing Hutchy's insights from a business, PR, and vetern's perspective on the media and footy landscape.

Listen to the main body and question time on a weekly basis, usually at the gym. As mentioned above I enjoy hearing Hutchy's insights from a business, PR, and vetern's perspective on the media and footy landscape.
Yes I agree. Plus he is a bit of an 'ideas' man, and I like to hear what he comes up with.

One thing I don't like, and they make no apologies for it, is they will not really criticise there mates/acquaintances. For example they reckon BT, Darcy etc. are great callers! :eek:

This weeks discussion on Bec Judd, while I agree with parts of what they said, Damo didn't really reveal that he is friends with them (although he did say he had been to their house).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking podcast. Talk about the stuff that doesn’t really get talked about. Won’t hold back on any topic. Hutchys insights are great and for anyone looking to get into the media, journalist side of things, defs recommend having a listen

I do love how Hutchy defends broadcasters not covering domestic sport with call teams at the venue. Meanwhile SEN will yet again send a broadcast team to the Super Bowl to maintain that 0.8% audience share.
I noted this too. Won’t send a team to Perth for a game 10x the audience that the Super Bowl would get on SEN

Tom Morris signing for Sports Entertainment Group should be the perfect pretext to boot Damian Barrett from this podcast. Morris would be a much livelier and more succinct wingman (albeit just as in awe of Hutchy).

Both are legitimate business expenses. Not sure what FBT has to do with this?

True. Let me put it another way - Super Bowl is a better recruitment and retainment tool for employees than having to schlep to interstate events that hold little interest, but for which the company has a duty to provide a better product.

Tom Morris signing for Sports Entertainment Group should be the perfect pretext to boot Damian Barrett from this podcast. Morris would be a much livelier and more succinct wingman (albeit just as in awe of Hutchy).
Nah. Isn’t Barrett co-owner? It’s my impression that the show is as much his as it is Hutchy’s

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back