No Oppo Supporters The TAN 62 - Dictator Equus position Officially untenable! FAKE NEWS!

Is groupie a hipster

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive studied art history and worked in that industry, and I disagree with the comments "getting an artist to change their opinion". That's so wrong, the artist should be allowed to create a work that will reflect themselves and add their own personal voice. IMO, art isnt about pretty pictures and keeping everyone happy..

If we look at the great artists over the years, say Picasso - as if he listened to his critics..

Quote: Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs. Pablo Picasso
Check out the Hokusai exhibition at the NGV later this year.

I will, and I can't wait to see the Van Gogh exhibition.
I might check out the Bill Henson exhibition as well.
I go to all the Winter masterpieces but this one should be a cut above. Henson? Maybe..,but I can't wait for the Hokusai exhibition in july.

Henson's exhibition starts next month

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/exhibition/bill-henson/

I still havent seen the david hockney exhibition apparently it's worth seeing.
Henson's looks good, I can see him going down a route of pure atmosphere soon, like Scandinavian scenery or obscure night deserts.

Didn't care for the Hockney exhibition, but it was good if you like his work.....if that makes sense...

Henson's looks good, I can see him going down a route of pure atmosphere soon, like Scandinavian scenery or obscure night deserts.

Didn't care for the Hockney exhibition, but it was good if you like his work.....if that makes sense...

I dont mind Bill Henson, he's a good photographer.

Talking about scenery and atmosphere, I just thought of Bill Viola - his installation pieces are amazing.

If I remember, I might go and see the Hockney exhibition before it ends lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16997994_10155007818788433_7518772815642774671_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back