No Oppo Supporters The TAN 78 - Old Men Yell at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They never did though mate.
Phones didn’t arrive like they are now until I was early-mid twenties and you really did talk to strangers on public transport and the like, I can understand the younger generation thinking you wouldn’t talk to strangers because I think technology has made us socially awkward like that, many know no different.
It’s changed so many things when I was 20 you’d call your mates Thursday and chat, the word would get around let’s meet somewhere at a specific time tomorrow night and then go from there.
You’d have to be there on time, there was no texting where are you or I’m running late, you’d just be where you said when you said you would or you’d miss them when they took off and have no idea where they were. It kept you accountable.
If you missed them you’d end up having a beer with somebody you’d never met and probably make a new friend.
Now with everything at our fingertips I wonder how we did it but I was easy and if I had to choose I’d choose those days for sure.
Absolutely...in 97 or 98 i was at the bar and the bloke next to me says "you on the guinness mate?"
I said yep and said the next one's on me.
He was waiting for his mates and i was waiting for mine.....3 hours later none of the bastards had showed up. I saved him from getting beat up by the bouncers and we've been best mates ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not me mate I have an awesome memory! Seriously though I think it’s from just devouring books lol I can still reel off who won what and when.. sad!
But you’re right I miss the day’s of sitting there wracking your brain “ohhh what was his name...”
3 of us did that one night and remembering every aussie gold medal from 76 to 96...no phones or internet

Any one else collect the “VFL Legends of the Decade” coins that were in the Herald Sun back in the day? Pretty sure it was Sunday’s when they would include the coupon for them. I used to look forward to that, probably still have them in the album somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back