Current The Teachers Pet Podcast - Chris Dawson charged with murder

FTY1

Senior List
AFL Club
GWS
So in future, every time there's someone fronting the court are there going to be suppression orders and take-down orders? It's getting ridiculous.
It also affects historical records. There are news databases that have access via libraries and paid subscriptions. If articles are removed from these databases then they are never returned after the case is over, even if the case results in a conviction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FTY1

Senior List
AFL Club
GWS
Hedley is being accused of editing his own podcast **Scandal **
100 hours of podcast - apparently this could cause delays (well in addition to the other evidence. We all managed to listen the podcast and would welcome listening to the other hours.
Next hearing is 20 June.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...portant-documents-have-been-shredded/11095722

"A Sydney Court has heard "vitally important" material relating to the case against former teacher Chris Dawson for the alleged murder of his wife 37 years ago may have been shredded.

Mr Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, told Sydney's Downing Centre Court the material believed to have been shredded was collected by journalist Hedley Thomas for The Teacher's Pet podcast. "

"The exact words spoken by Mr Thomas were as follows: '[The lawyers] got back to me today and said 'we, ah, we think chapter five of episode seven needs to be significantly shredded, cut out,' and I was like 'oh, why'? And they said 'well, you'll go to jail if it stays'.'
"[Mr Walsh's comments] appear to have been made for the purpose of smearing the reputation of Mr Thomas," the statement read.

The court heard there was about 100 hours of material within the podcast.
Mr Walsh said if it was not provided to the defence it would be a "huge task" to keep to the timetable set down for hearing the case.
He said that Thomas would be called as a witness when the committal hearing begins.
Mr Dawson is next due in court on June 20.

sprockets

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Hedley is being accused of editing his own podcast **Scandal **
100 hours of podcast - apparently this could cause delays (well in addition to the other evidence. We all managed to listen the podcast and would welcome listening to the other hours.
Next hearing is 20 June.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...portant-documents-have-been-shredded/11095722

"A Sydney Court has heard "vitally important" material relating to the case against former teacher Chris Dawson for the alleged murder of his wife 37 years ago may have been shredded.

Mr Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, told Sydney's Downing Centre Court the material believed to have been shredded was collected by journalist Hedley Thomas for The Teacher's Pet podcast. "

"The exact words spoken by Mr Thomas were as follows: '[The lawyers] got back to me today and said 'we, ah, we think chapter five of episode seven needs to be significantly shredded, cut out,' and I was like 'oh, why'? And they said 'well, you'll go to jail if it stays'.'
"[Mr Walsh's comments] appear to have been made for the purpose of smearing the reputation of Mr Thomas," the statement read.

The court heard there was about 100 hours of material within the podcast.
Mr Walsh said if it was not provided to the defence it would be a "huge task" to keep to the timetable set down for hearing the case.
He said that Thomas would be called as a witness when the committal hearing begins.
Mr Dawson is next due in court on June 20.
Am I reading this right? Thomas has shredded parts of the podcast (transcript, I presume) on the advice of his legals, whereas Walsh is claiming that documents collected by Thomas were shredded?

FTY1

Senior List
AFL Club
GWS
Am I reading this right? Thomas has shredded parts of the podcast (transcript, I presume) on the advice of his legals, whereas Walsh is claiming that documents collected by Thomas were shredded?
I was trying to work out when the Brisbane Seminar was done. I think it was mid last year which seems to be before the arrest. Even if he had edited/shredded the documents, he is not the police and within his right to. If he did it after being asked to hand them over that would be a different story.

100 hours of documentation into 16 episodes into episodes about an hour long meant that only about 20 percent of the total recording of podcasts was played.

Newspapers are editted and so are podcasts. Any investigation of this type would need legals to check over it.

Top Bottom