Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

From the 1:33 mark of the below video, ex QLD Policeman Peter Dutton (current leader of the Federal Opposition) today on the Lynette Dawson murder case trial verdict.

Labels Christopher Michael Dawson, a "predator" and a "creep", that "played mind games" and was a "classic perpetrator of domestic violence".

And discusses the no body no parole rule that QLD has, but which States including NSW and VIC still don't have.

Next time I'm driving along Holker Street past Silverwater Jail, I'll be listening out for an old bloke singing crude and abusive songs about a Judge, and others in the NSW Justice System.

And on the alert for someone that looks like Chris Dawson, that's more likely to be Paul Dawson visiting his twin brother, than Chris Dawson having escaped.

Chris Dawson will need all the help he can get (within reason) to be well enough for his May 2023 JC Carnal Knowledge trial, if it still goes ahead as scheduled.

'Murderer Chris Dawson advised to seek special protection at Silverwater Correctional Complex'

'August 31, 2022 - 10:35AM'

Corrective Services sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told NewsLocal Dawson would be advised to request special protection at the MRRC, while he awaits the outcome of a bail application as he plans his appeal of the murder conviction.

Special protections would see Dawson housed in a single-bed cell and have restricted movements and interactions. He could also be housed in a seperate wing of the MRRC.

“Dawson will be housed in a one-out cell by himself, due to the nature of his case,” the source said. “He will be advised to request special protection on arrival, however, if he does not make that application, the Governor can also intervene and enforce special protections to be imposed.”

The source said Dawson “won’t really have a choice in the matter”.

“These special protections are something that will be imposed on him,” he said.

“This is something that is recommended on all high-profile inmates, to ensure they are not subject to abuse, threats or attacks due to the level of publicity surrounding their case.”'

From the 1:33 mark of the below video, ex QLD Policeman Peter Dutton (current leader of the Federal Opposition) today on the Lynette Dawson murder case trial verdict.

Labels Christopher Michael Dawson, a "predator" and a "creep", that "played mind games" and was a "classic perpetrator of domestic violence".

And discusses the no body no parole rule that QLD has, but which States including NSW and VIC still don't have.

Well I have not liked Mr Dutton up until this moment - thanks BFEW for that ! Bravo for Mr Dutton's strong stance :)

'No body, no parole' laws exist here in WA also

Side note: I went on the CBD ralley for such - Hayley Dodd's mum was the organiser of the rally - It was a proud moment for me and YES I still have bright yellow Tee - NO BODY NO PAROLE. Perhaps; I suggest someone in NSW start emailing your local MP's etc.

Chris Dawson will need all the help he can get (within reason) to be well enough for his May 2023 JC Carnal Knowledge trial, if it still goes ahead as scheduled.

'Murderer Chris Dawson advised to seek special protection at Silverwater Correctional Complex'

'August 31, 2022 - 10:35AM'

Corrective Services sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told NewsLocal Dawson would be advised to request special protection at the MRRC, while he awaits the outcome of a bail application as he plans his appeal of the murder conviction.

Special protections would see Dawson housed in a single-bed cell and have restricted movements and interactions. He could also be housed in a seperate wing of the MRRC.

“Dawson will be housed in a one-out cell by himself, due to the nature of his case,” the source said. “He will be advised to request special protection on arrival, however, if he does not make that application, the Governor can also intervene and enforce special protections to be imposed.”

The source said Dawson “won’t really have a choice in the matter”.

“These special protections are something that will be imposed on him,” he said.

“This is something that is recommended on all high-profile inmates, to ensure they are not subject to abuse, threats or attacks due to the level of publicity surrounding their case.”'
If it's like the prison I worked at the worst offenders are kept well out of direct harm's way. The primary method the mainstream prisoners had for getting to them was through their food, which was prepared by mainstream prisoners in the mainstream area. They would put plenty of cigarette butts and worse in there. Very hard for us staffers to monitor that kind of behaviour. The Detention and Medical units were mainstream, however, so if Protection prisoners misbehaved or were unwell they could be accessed quite easily.

Have fun, Dawson.

Last edited:
If it's like the prison I worked at the worst offenders are kept well out of direct harm's way. The primary method the mainstream prisoners had for getting to them was through their food, which was prepared by mainstream prisoners in the mainstream area. They would put plenty of cigarette butts and worse in there. Very hard for us staffers to monitor that kind of behaviour. The Detention and Medical units were mainstream, however, so if Protetcion prisoners misbehaved or were unwell they could be accessed quite easily.

Have fun, Dawson.

When I was a young 17 year old I did office work for a plumbing firm and one of the plumbers had spent time in jail.

He told me if I ever find myself in jail do whatever you can to get a job in the kitchen. Tell them you've worked in hospitality or whatever it takes. When I asked why he said everyone in prison knows not to mess with anyone who works in the kitchen because they can then seriously mess with you.

Thankfully I've never needed to use his advice!

'Murderer Chris Dawson under special protection at Silverwater prison

Murderer Chris Dawson has been forced into special protection on his first day inside a western Sydney prison, with fears the wife-killer would be “dead by Friday”.'

'Convicted murderer Chris Dawson has been forced into the Special Management and Protection Program inside prison, as correctional officers say there are real concerns he would be “dead by Friday”.'

'Multiple Corrective Services sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told The Daily Telegraph Dawson was considered a “suicide risk” following Wednesday’s assessment.

“There were repeated and specific suicide threats during the assessment process,” the source said.“There was also concern that he would be the target of other inmates due to the high-profile nature of the case and his well-documented relationship with a schoolgirl”.'

Bon, c’ est la vie!

'Murderer Chris Dawson under special protection at Silverwater prison
Murderer Chris Dawson has been forced into special protection on his first day inside a western Sydney prison, with fears the wife-killer would be “dead by Friday”.'

'Convicted murderer Chris Dawson has been forced into the Special Management and Protection Program inside prison, as correctional officers say there are real concerns he would be “dead by Friday”.'

'Multiple Corrective Services sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told The Daily Telegraph Dawson was considered a “suicide risk” following Wednesday’s assessment.

“There were repeated and specific suicide threats during the assessment process,” the source said.“There was also concern that he would be the target of other inmates due to the high-profile nature of the case and his well-documented relationship with a schoolgirl”.'

Bon, c’ est la vie!

He's exactly the type to suicide. A bully but when he has to face the consequences of his actions he can't.

Now that this is all over. How was this not thoroughly investigated at the time of the disappearance / death? It seems to me with the known facts and some simple research surely CD could have been charged at the time back in 1983?

Then phone records at the time could have been investigated etc etc to confirm that the claims of phone calls received were false. I am just failing to see how the case was dismissed at the time as just a "disappearance".
The details were definitely known at the 2001 and 2003 inquests and there were no charges then.

The details were definitely known at the 2001 and 2003 inquests and there were no charges then.

The DPP at the time refused to press charges despite the coroner's conclusions. I presume that was because the case was entirely circumstantial and no reasonable prospect of conviction..But now with new DPP there are charges and a conviction with nothing having changed. Extremely hard to reconcile the two positions. In fact impossible. They can't both be right.

Nicholas Cowdroy was at the time. He was the prosecutor who handled the Gordon Wood case which turned into a quashed conviction and release. That was much later though so can't have influenced his thinking

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a quick look at Melbourne University Law review: consciousness of gulit, Andrew Palmer. It states at page 107 that IF the only evidence connecting a person to a particular crime is the behaviours and demeanor subsequent representing a consciousness of gulit that the decision to convict is unlikely to be safe. Harrison has decided various facts often absent evidence of things such as phone records as a body of evidence giving rise to a consciousness of guilt. That is a leap in and of itself toward gulit. He has then used the evidence upon which he made the leap to manufacture a consciousness of guilt. That consciousness of guilt is then the only evidence used to convict Dawson.

I need to read the review more thoroughly than I have but preliminary thinking is the decision is flawed on this point and likely unsafe accordingly I suspect this will be a primary point in the appeal which absent a more detailed analysis may have solid grounds for consideration and success

Essentially Harrison has used deductive reasoning to resolve in his mind that LD wouldn't never have rang CD after she had left if she had left. In his view it was fanciful and absurd. Equally fanciful and absurd that the only point of conversation was that she told him of her mental state. The problem is that this line of deductive reasoning is itself dependent upon the deductive reasoning Harrison has resolved for her departure. iE that she wanted to leave to start a new life. LD had been delusionally committed to continuation of the marriage and her love for CD. That is very clear she was. When a person is obsessed in that way it never comes easy for realisation that the marriage won't continue nor the love affair with him she had sheltered in her own mind. But if there had been conversation on the evening of 8th where she was told it was over and he was resuming the relationship with JC then there would undoubtedly be an epiphany that would occur. She most definitely could possibly have left (not to start a new life as assumed) but to contemplate the extermination of all she had held to as sacred in her life with CD. Entirely possible. Leaving to sort herself out would of itself be a personally shameful thing self imposed ....a temporary abandonment of her kids in her own mind. It is entirely possible in those circumstances that she would only ring CD to discuss her mental state and the relationship and not contact family. In fact it would be more consistent with human behaviour than is Harrison's conclusions.

Harrison has also been critical of lack of detail of the phone calls. But the conversations may have been replete with the detail he seeks but the relevant portions from memory would still be her mental state and her continued absence because they are the important aspects having a bearing to decisions and having dominant impact to what happens and it would be those elements recited. It's trite to seek to critically analyse such a conversation (if one occurred) from that perspective.

If CD had terminated the marriage he likely would have defiantly also said that JC was going to be asked to return again. Highly possible even likely. Toward the end what appears as likely was the struggle between them both over CDs infatuation and obsession with JC and his dogged insistence for it to continue. Indeed it has appeared to me that he was using emotional abuse (of JC role) to drive her (LD) from the home. But she had held obsessively to him still, no matter.

It's ludicrous and fanciful to be so arrogant (Harrison) as to conceive that there can be only one scheme of behaviours (CD and LD in response) as to explain the behaviours including phone calls and other decisions. When a marriage breaks down and one is still holding it's entirely possible that LD is driven by her emotional state rather than ration and that emotional state would be laced with continued obsession of the marriage of guilt and shame at temporary abandonment amongst numerous rational and irrational emotions as part of an epiphany.

Harrison has shown in my opinion a complete lack of understanding of the spectrum of human natures possible in context. in my opinion the conviction is unsafe. That's not to say he didn't do it. It's highly possible he did. But in my opinion you can't dismiss other possibilities as Harrison has which are entirely consistent with deductive reasoning of human behaviour in these circumstances

I agree.

You cant convict people based on lies or bad character or our jails would be overflowing.

Harrison has made some logically erroneous leaps in his judgement reasoning which should and i would say will be overturned on appeal.

I think dawson is absolute scum by the way but i expect him to get off on appeal.

Chris Dawson’s dementia and physical problems will be raised as matters for consideration when he is sentenced for the murder of his first wife Lynette, his lawyer says.

Dawson, 74, was found guilty on Tuesday of murdering the 33-year-old on or about January 8, 1982. Justice Ian Harrison found Dawson had a “possessive infatuation” with the babysitter and his former student, known as JC, which affected him significantly and he “resolved to kill his wife”.
Speaking to reporters outside court after the verdict, defence solicitor Greg Walsh said his client was “not well” and suffers from cognitive and physical problems.
“He’s been diagnosed with dementia,” he said..... hmmmm

I agree.

You cant convict people based on lies or bad character or our jails would be overflowing.

Harrison has made some logically erroneous leaps in his judgement reasoning which should and i would say will be overturned on appeal.

I think dawson is absolute scum by the way but i expect him to get off on appeal.

It also mentions in that law review article to which I referred that guilty behaviours can have multiple motivations not just guilt on the crime. For instance, he may not have wanted to assume blame for having forced LD out of the house with emotional abuse because to the world at large it is shameful that he did (and rightly reflects upon his character to which you have rightly commented ). So that personal Shame would make him downplay her frail state and suicidal risk lying to instead say she left voluntarily and without welfare concern. It wouldn't then necessarily be guilt of the crime that Harrison saw but rather guilt associated with his emotional abuse forcing her from the home with frail emotional state and suicide risk.

I should also point out that his counselor David has now become a judge herself. So another judge intimate with knowledge of the case saw no reason to put Dawson in the stand because she considered along with Cowdroy at 2001/2003 that there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict.

I think the verdict will be overturned on appeal

Chris Dawson’s dementia and physical problems will be raised as matters for consideration when he is sentenced for the murder of his first wife Lynette, his lawyer says.

Dawson, 74, was found guilty on Tuesday of murdering the 33-year-old on or about January 8, 1982. Justice Ian Harrison found Dawson had a “possessive infatuation” with the babysitter and his former student, known as JC, which affected him significantly and he “resolved to kill his wife”.
Speaking to reporters outside court after the verdict, defence solicitor Greg Walsh said his client was “not well” and suffers from cognitive and physical problems.
“He’s been diagnosed with dementia,” he said..... hmmmm
Interesting. Didn't seem to have dementia until extremely recently.

I should also point out that his counselor David has now become a judge herself. So another judge intimate with knowledge of the case saw no reason to put Dawson in the stand because she considered along with Cowdroy at 2001/2003 that there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict.

I think the verdict will be overturned on appeal
or she figured it would do more harm than good cause the prosecutor would tear him and his story to pieces.

or she figured it would do more harm than good cause the prosecutor would tear him and his story to pieces.

Yeah sure that's a factor. But my point too is that IF the case was considered to point toward guilt she would be likely to relent and put him forward to testify. She didn't which in my mind says that in David's mind there was insufficient evidence

Chris Dawson dropped his bail application this morning.

Maybe by staying in jail, prior to sentencing, him and his legal team think they can better demonstrate and showcase his health issues, that will be used to attempt to reduce the severity of the sentence, and for other beneficial to him reasons like where he will be housed, and the treatment and restrictions he will receive.

'Chris Dawson will remain behind bars as he waits to learn his fate over the murder of his wife after he dropped a bail application on Thursday.
Just two days after being found guilty of his wife Lynette’s murder in January 1982, Dawson, 74, on Thursday appeared before the NSW Supreme Court where he was expected to apply to be freed on bail while he awaits sentencing proceedings.

He was brought into court wearing prison greens and a blue face mask as his lawyer Greg Walsh said he would not make a bail application.'

Chris Dawson will remain behind bars as he waits to learn his fate over the murder of his wife after he dropped a bail application on Thursday.
Just two days after being found guilty of his wife Lynette’s murder in January 1982, Dawson, 74, on Thursday appeared before the NSW Supreme Court where he was expected to apply to be freed on bail while he awaits sentencing proceedings, which are set to begin with a hearing on November 11.
He was brought into court wearing prison greens and a blue face mask as his lawyer Greg Walsh said he would not make a bail application.

Chris Dawson dropped his bail application this morning.

Maybe by staying in jail, prior to sentencing, him and his legal team think they can better demonstrate and showcase his health issues, that will be used to attempt to reduce the severity of the sentence, and for other beneficial to him reasons like where he will be housed, and the treatment and restrictions he will receive.

To add to the above: IMO, staying in jail whilst awaiting sentencing, and not on bail, can also further demonstrate the level of constant threats to Chris Dawson, and provide an opportunity to demonstrate a further deterioration in his health, from being in jail (where he faces constant threats from other prisoners, to his well-being and life).

'Chris Dawson subject of 'constant threats' in prison since murder verdict, court told'

'He today appeared in the NSW Supreme Court wearing a prison-issued green tracksuit before Justice Ian Harrison.
His lawyer Greg Walsh told the judge Dawson has been subjected to "constant threats" including against his life, by a large number of people.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back