Prediction The Very early 2023 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would have Carltons ahead of all of those, particularly going forward.

Lots of queries on some of those players of age that you’ve listed and the fact that you’ve got Stewart as a Centre half back.
Ages of the Lions and Blues spine are practically the same. Would take the Blues over Cats and Tigers but the Lions are comfortably ahead in all areas of the ground

ZionMig22

Senior List
Suspended
Nov 29, 2022
Cairns
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
I really do hate to bite here, but if you could please provide a link to your source for this that would be te

1674541630854.png

Kreuuuzeurns

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
How many posts can there be reshuffling last year's top nine, with the one switch being Carlton for any one of Collingwood, Bulldogs and Sydney?
Good point, given there are nearly always 2-3 changes to the finals teams.

Law of averages says 5th, 6th & 8th drop out & someone from outside the 8 rockets into the top 4.

So something like...

1 Brisbane
2 Richmond
3 Geelong
4 Carlton
5 Sydney
6 Collingwood
7 Gold Coast
8 Port

9 Melbourne
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Western Bulldogs
13 West Coast
14 St Kilda
15 Greater Western Sydney
16 Essendon
17 North Melbourne
18 Hawthorn

Arr0w

Hall of Famer
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I really do hate to bite here, but if you could please provide a link to your source for this that would be terrific.

Poster is correct, in terms of one on one contests where Weiteringhad a contested loss ratio of 30.4, but the stat isn't the main component when judging KPDs, as Barass rated at 34.5

I mean Lever went at 21.2, Andrews 21.6, Moore 13.3, May 10.6 contested loss, but Mitch McGovern must be better than all of them, given he lost 10% of his contests

Mind you, Weitering numbers in 2021 were 20.8 and 2020 15.1, so poster calling him soft is laughable

Makeshift Park

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll accept that Carlton has one of, if not the best spine in the comp, but the price they have paid is that their greater list is the most uneven of any finals contender.

Last edited:

WalshistheGOAT

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Same said with Carlton mate

No real CHB, a FB who isn't in the Top 30 for one on one wins
KPF's who had a great 2022 but still go missing when it matters
U do know he cooked his shoulder before the bye this year and was no where near his best physically afterwards right? Years previous he had a rate of 20% and 15% and was arguably the best one on one defender in the game overall

Coach Killer

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Geelong - won't drop off
2. Richmond - great off season.
3. Melbourne - class
4. Brisbane - thereabouts
5. Hawthorn - will be coming home like a train.
6. Fremantle - hard to beat at home
7. Dogs - making up the numbers
8. Sydney - sneak in on percentage
-----------------------------------------------
9. Carlton - miss on %
10. Collingwood - miss on %
11 to last - no one cares.

Geelong v Hawthorn GF.

Hawks win by 10 Goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Added Bowes, Bruhn and Henry. Bruhn is a walk up start.

Cant see them dropping off
I have no idea where the Cats finish but 2 fringe midfielders from bottom 8 sides and a fringe forward from the second worst forward line in the top 8 is no guarantee of anything.
1. Geelong - won't drop off
2. Richmond - great off season.
3. Melbourne - class
4. Brisbane - thereabouts
5. Hawthorn - will be coming home like a train.
6. Fremantle - hard to beat at home
7. Dogs - making up the numbers
8. Sydney - sneak in on percentage
-----------------------------------------------
9. Carlton - miss on %
10. Collingwood - miss on %
11 to last - no one cares.

Geelong v Hawthorn GF.

Hawks win by 10 Goals.
We had pretty much identical home and away records last year and were the best travelling team for the year. 3 of our 5 worst performances came at home too.

Rest of it seems on the money.

Apr 19, 2006
The local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm, Spurs, Socceroos
1 Brisbane
2 Richmond
3 Geelong
4 Carlton
5 Sydney
6 Collingwood
7 Gold Coast
8 Port

9 Melbourne
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Western Bulldogs
13 West Coast
14 St Kilda
15 Greater Western Sydney
16 Essendon
17 North Melbourne
18 Hawthorn
Crows have Port, Tigers, Blues, Pies, Geelong, Dockers, Lions and Dogs in the first 11 rounds, and the Giants are already favourites for your Round 1 match.

You’ll laugh in defense, but your season could be in free fall by Round 12 with so many games against the top sides. You’ll need to surprise a few.

Crows are good money for the spoon too, so might be worth a look.

Purple Suit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
While I don’t mind the top 2 of your ladder predictions, I fail to see how Freo end up 12th if Melbourne dominate. Our teams are similar besides Freo being younger, similar style, 2 x gun rucks and the weakest part is the forward line. If Freo bomb that hard in 23 I can’t see Melbourne dominating and vice versa.

00Stinger

100 - 7
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
While I don’t mind the top 2 of your ladder predictions, I fail to see how Freo end up 12th if Melbourne dominate. Our teams are similar besides Freo being younger, similar style, 2 x gun rucks and the weakest part is the forward line. If Freo bomb that hard in 23 I can’t see Melbourne dominating and vice versa.
No idea tbh

I just went through the ladder predictor picking who ever I thought would win the games and it ended up like this.

Improvement isn't always linear though and most teams have a slight drop off before really peaking

Purple Suit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
No idea tbh

I just went through the ladder predictor picking who ever I thought would win the games and it ended up like this.

Improvement isn't always linear though and most teams have a slight drop off before really peaking
Fair enough.

I think the factor a lot of predictions forget to think about is leadership. Easy in hindsight and teams can flick the switch but it’s probably the only thing that held Melbourne, Brisbane back last season.

It’ll also be what determines Carlton’s position, again.

00Stinger

100 - 7
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Fair enough.

I think the factor a lot of predictions forget to think about is leadership. Easy in hindsight and teams can flick the switch but it’s probably the only thing that held Melbourne, Brisbane back last season.

It’ll also be what determines Carlton’s position, again.
Yeah and look to be fair I don't think the Bulldogs will finish top 4, I think they will miss the 8 but after I went through all of the games picking a winner they fell into 4th

And look all of the teams I have 1-12 are the teams that imo can play finals. Maybe even throw in GWS

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Crows have Port, Tigers, Blues, Pies, Geelong, Dockers, Lions and Dogs in the first 11 rounds, and the Giants are already favourites for your Round 1 match.

You’ll laugh in defense, but your season could be in free fall by Round 12 with so many games against the top sides. You’ll need to surprise a few.

Crows are good money for the spoon too, so might be worth a look.
The only thing I'm laughing is how triggered you are on anything related to the Crows.

Most judges have Hawks fighting it out for the Roos for the spoon... with the Crows finishing around the same position as last session.

Your delusional if you think the loss of many quality Hawks experienced players won't have an impact on your performance. Hawks not have fhe most inexperienced list by a long margin.

Apr 19, 2006
The local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm, Spurs, Socceroos
The only thing I'm laughing is how triggered you are on anything related to the Crows.

Most judges have Hawks fighting it out for the Roos for the spoon... with the Crows finishing around the same position as last session.

Your delusional if you think the loss of many quality Hawks experienced players won't have an impact on your performance. Hawks not have fhe most inexperienced list by a long margin.
You think I’m triggered for mentioning Crows tough draw?!

You can’t engage with any conversation about the Crows or their list without a “LOL” and then trying to make it about Hawthorn.

Let’s try again without the melting.

How many games will Crows win of the below? I reckon you’d be doing really well to get two or three wins from this run of games.

Port
Tigers
Pies
Blues
Cats
Lions
Dockers
Dogs

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
You think I’m triggered for mentioning Crows tough draw?!

You can’t engage with any conversation about the Crows or their list without a “LOL” and then trying to make it about Hawthorn.

Let’s try again without the melting.

How many games will Crows win of the below? I reckon you’d be doing really well to get two or three wins from this run of games.

Port
Tigers
Pies
Blues
Cats
Lions
Dockers
Dogs
The draw is about the full season, not just your selection of games.

Confident we will be around the same mark as last season, as we now have less players under 50 games, addition of Rankine & also have the extra home game.

Time will tell who is the better judge, but very little chance we end up with wooden spoon as you are expecting.

Apr 19, 2006
The local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm, Spurs, Socceroos
The draw is about the full season, not just your selection of games.

Confident we will be around the same mark as last season, as we now have less players under 50 games & also have the extra home game.

Time will tell who is the better judge, but very little chance we end up with wooden spoon as you are expecting.
Never claimed you'd finish last, but it's a possibility if your season spirals after such a hard start to the year.

Which games do you win of the below?

Port
Tigers
Pies
Blues
Cats
Lions
Dockers
Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad