Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues on the up and much better chance of top 8. With Taranto and Hopper Tigers are treading water. Also Taranto is a butcher with the 9th lowest DE in the comp
Agree Tarrantos a very ordinary kick but I think he is a good fit in the Richmond system and will be effective

I'll have a go..
1.Brisbane- gone hard with recruiting and some good youngsters
2. Richmond- think the fitness of lynch still key
3. Freo- keep improving
4. Geelong- drop back slightly but always tough to beat
5. Bulldogs- think they can bounce back
6. Melbourne
7. Gold Coast- optimistic on the suns with a decent run with injuries
8. Swans- drop off slightly from last year
9. Carlton- still not convinced
10. Collingwood- can't win all those close games again can they
11 port- " "
12. Essendon- too inconsistent again
13 Gws- enough guns still to win some games
14. Adelaide- still a way to go in the rebuild
15. Saints- clean out coming
16. North- there is some good talent but not enough yet
17 West Coast- need alot to go right
18 hawks. Full rebuild mode.

1) Brisbane Lions- Gunston, dunkley, Ashcroft are big ins. Midfield elite. No excuses this season

2) Geelong- better team than last season. Holmes comes into the gf winning side. Selwood retiring won’t affect them at all. Bruhn, bowes and Henry are solid inclusions. Best depth in the comp.

3) Richmond- were average last season and still should have made the prelim. Hopper and Taranto huge ins. Lynch, Dusty and bolton best forward 3 in the comp.

4) Melbourne- Grundy will compliment Gawn beautifully. Best midfield in the comp. Lack of elite key forward a small worry. Tom Macdonald with Fritsch are good enough with their midfield.

5) Carlton- no excuses this season. Will learn from last seasons epic choke. Even without Walsh the first 4-8 weeks, their midfield is strong enough. Weitering, saad, Cripps, curnow and mcckay. Elite top end talent.

6) Sydney- gf loss will hurt early but their list is still in incredible shape. Elite young talent. Strong midfield and defence. Forward line the issue.

7) Port Adelaide- big pressure on Ken Hinkley. Rozzee, Butters and JHF can form one of the best midfields in the comp. Dixon back fit will be massive.

8) Western Bulldogs- Jones and Lobb will help. Midfield still elite. Bont back to 100% will be big. Naughton, JUH & Sam Darcy is a potentially scary combo.

9) Fremantle- awesome midfield. Strong backline. Weak forward line. Luke Jackson is a horrendous forward. Jye amiss 2-3 years off.

10) Collingwood- not winning all those close ones again in 2023. List is in good shape. Will be up there again in the coming years.

11) Gold Coast- Ben King back will be big for them. Midfield is looking elite now. Backline still a worry.

12) GWS- Taylor. Kelly. Whitfield. Green. Greene. Enough elite talent to win 9-10 games.

13) St Kilda- Ross Lyon back!! List is in awful shape and the loss of King will hurt them early. Will win games back half of the season

14) West Coast- last season was a right off. Their best players are their older players who look to be this flying pre-season. Will win enough games at home to avoid race for the spoon.

15) Adelaide- rankine is a great get. Can see him and rachelle playing more midfield this season. Fogarty was excellent back half of last season.

16) Essendon- brad Scott is a very good coach. Their list is average. Backline is weak. 2MP their only forward. Midfield too one paced.

17) Hawthorn- the loss of Gunston, Mitchell, O’Meara and McEvoy will hurt. Lewis injury if serious will lock in the spoon. Hopefully he only misses the first 3-4 weeks. All about getting games into youngsters.

18) North Melbourne- will be much better than last season with Clarko. He will coach defensively so they don’t lose by a lot each week.

OK, you've changed my mind.

How can Richmond not be flag favourites?

In all honesty, Richmond are in the same bucket as Carlton - will need everything to go right and they may contend, but I can't see everything going right.

Too many question marks over:
Martin
Prestia
Old blokes who are critical for structure - Tarrant, Grimes, Riewoldt.
Lack of depth.

I see a mid table year for both Carlton and Richmond in a year where most of the top 8 improved their lists in the off season and expecting the likes of Port, Saints and Gold Coast also contending for the top 8.
If we had the umpiring your team got last year,we woulda been top 4 easily.
The GOAT hardly played last year,injuries to crucial players all year and those World famous anti Richmond umpires.
Would have beaten Geelong if not for the Prestia king hit.

7) Port Adelaide- big pressure on Ken Hinkley. Rozzee, Butters and JHF can form one of the best midfields in the comp. Dixon back fit will be massive
Credit for that about our midfield, but how do people leave out a Brownlow medalist? This is not the only time I've seen it.

Credit for that about our midfield, but how do people leave out a Brownlow medalist? This is not the only time I've seen it.

Haven’t forgotten ollie. There is also Boak. Excellent depth. I think the above 3 will build an elite combo. I also think wines will play more forward. He can take a mark and kick a goal. Port are being underrated by many. They had a horrific start to last season and just missed the finals. They should be aiming for top 4..top 8 is a must else Ken is gone.

Collingwood cant win all those close ones again so this is the only real ? making finals again.
Nice list forming but 2023 is a re assessment.
Red hot for the flag in 2024.
Just dont think 2023 is the year yet.
Need to play more then 1 and a half good quaters a match.
And actually string it together finally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t forgotten ollie. There is also Boak. Excellent depth. I think the above 3 will build an elite combo. I also think wines will play more forward. He can take a mark and kick a goal. Port are being underrated by many. They had a horrific start to last season and just missed the finals. They should be aiming for top 4..top 8 is a must else Ken is gone.
I'm so conflicted on Ken. I've wanted him gone for over 5 years now. 3 prelim finals with zero wins would seem to be enough to suggest he can't do it. But then again who knows I guess. The team love him and we have picked up JHF and Junior Rioli. Last chance though I reckon.

I'm pretty confident in saying that you have absolutely no idea how serious it is. Missing up to five rounds would imply a 12 week injury. Nothing has been reported that would imply this is the case, let alone state it outright.

How about taking a few deep breaths before you deliver last rites. Your 'sky is falling' schtick is so very tiresome.

He’s already been ruled out for round 1..with his injury history, especially having injured the same knee last season, he will not be rushed back. The club will be conservative. Whilst it’s not a full ACL tear, it’s obviously a serious strain. I would be surprised if he plays before round 4 or 5. Hope I’m wrong.

Looks like the sky is in fact falling and your confidence was misplaced.

Lewis to return in round 5 if all goes to plan. A bugger for the Hawks.

Looks like the sky is in fact falling and your confidence was misplaced.

Lewis to return in round 5 if all goes to plan. A bugger for the Hawks.
Suprise suprise..Bradkli on the money yet again... it's actually worse than first thought...He won't play until round 7 or 8 at the earliest..our first 6 weeks are the easiest run of games for the season with games against Essendon, north melbourne, Gws and Adelaide.. With Lewis, we probably win 3.. without Lewis we will go 1-5 and should be favourites for the spoon.

Suprise suprise..Bradkli on the money yet again... it's actually worse than first thought...He won't play until round 7 or 8 at the earliest..our first 6 weeks are the easiest run of games for the season with games against Essendon, north melbourne, Gws and Adelaide.. With Lewis, we probably win 3.. without Lewis we will go 1-5 and should be favourites for the spoon.

A 7 week ACL injury was definitely wishful thinking. Better to be safe than sorry with one of your best assets.

A 7 week ACL injury was definitely wishful thinking. Better to be safe than sorry with one of your best assets.

Absolutely.. even with Lewis fully fit we were finishing bottom 4 this season..no point in rushing him back, especially with his injury history. Reading Sam Mitchell's comments, it's more than likely he will miss the first few months of the season..the fact he's been training and pulling up sore with swelling is not a good sign.

Alot of experts are tipping pies to miss finals they say if cameron is injured and we happen to have a form slump its all over

Alot of experts are tipping pies to miss finals they say if cameron is injured and we happen to have a form slump its all over
Didn't those "experts" predict Pies to finish outside the 8 last year?

Tbh a top 4 side drops every year, and in a lot of way collingwood dropping makes sense.

They have an old list with no real star. When I say “star” I mean a player of the ability of a Petracca, J. Cameron, Bontempelli, Martin or Neale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back