The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it's exactly what we need -- yes he's had the knee injuries, but if his knees are ok (I mean, we have Shazz in the same situation), definitely. We could pick him up for not much and he was a future champion. We could turn him around like the Hawks have done with O'Meara. Anyway, we HAVE to trade for a key position forward since we have none in the VFL coming through.
Yeah it is a risk, but he could be very good. I have never really rated the collingwood medical staff (not that I know anything about them, just seems like players take a while to get back on the park sometimes) maybe a slight rejig of the medical and conditioning people could do wonders and really give Patton a chance to put together a solid stretch of footy. His value is also probably the lowest it's ever been and he isn't that hot up at GWS at the moment. Could get him at basement price and turn him into something special. You blokes would be the authority on the pies medical team and whether you reckon they could get him up and running. I understand the risk though

Sounds like you're trying to set us up for even more injury worries....nothanks to Patto
Damn you're onto my clever ruse. I would have gotten away with it were it not for you meddling pies supporters. 😊

Damn you're onto my clever ruse. I would have gotten away with it were it not for you meddling pies supporters. 😊

Yeah just imagine the GF next year....you with Jack and Tom and us with Patton and Cox....yeah nah

Yeah just imagine the GF next year....you with Jack and Tom and us with Patton and Cox....yeah nah
I do think the right team and medical staff could turn Patton around though.
I feel as though maybe Cox has hit his limit and perhaps collingwood need another key forward. But I don't know the intricacies of the pies needs like you would.

I feel as though maybe Cox has hit his limit and perhaps collingwood need another key forward. But I don't know the intricacies of the pies needs like you would.

Yeah well lets let Hawthorn take that risk...maybe we should just get another Roughead?

Do we have a track record of rehabilitating the likes of Patton? If not, why would we want to acquire him?

PROBABLY SHOULD APOLOGISE FOR THIS POST. IT WAS TRUE. YOU CALL 'BULLDUST' WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. IT ONLY DISCOURAGES PEOPLE FROM POSTING INFO, LIKE MYSELF.
LYNCH WAS GOING TO RICHMOND THE MOMENT BOTH CADDY AND PRESTIA TURNED UP THERE. THEY ARE ALL CLOSE FRIENDS.

THE SO CALLED FIELDING OFFERS FROM OTHER CLUBS IS A SILLY GAME PLAYED BY PLAYER AGENTS. JUST LIKE THE JUDD STORY.JUDD WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO COME TO US. BUT THE MOMENT GREG SWANN LEFT FOR THE BLUES WAS THE MOMENT JUDD WOULD BECOME A BLUE. THE INTERVIEWING CLUBS BIT WAS JUST A FARCE

PROBABLY SHOULD APOLOGISE FOR THIS POST. IT WAS TRUE. YOU CALL 'BULLDUST' WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. IT ONLY DISCOURAGES PEOPLE FROM POSTING INFO, LIKE MYSELF.
LYNCH WAS GOING TO RICHMOND THE MOMENT BOTH CADDY AND PRESTIA TURNED UP THERE. THEY ARE ALL CLOSE FRIENDS.

THE SO CALLED FIELDING OFFERS FROM OTHER CLUBS IS A SILLY GAME PLAYED BY PLAYER AGENTS. JUST LIKE THE JUDD STORY.JUDD WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO COME TO US. BUT THE MOMENT GREG SWANN LEFT FOR THE BLUES WAS THE MOMENT JUDD WOULD BECOME A BLUE. THE INTERVIEWING CLUBS BIT WAS JUST A FARCE
I wouldn't lose any sleep over him. Keep posting.

Aylett (along with Ron Joseph-North power broker) orchestrated a system where any player who had played 10 years at any club could automatically move to the club of their choice. North offered exorbitant wages and in one season attracted a 100 goal full forward (Doug Wade from Geelong), two VFL Club captains John Rantall and Barry Davis (from South Melb and Essendon respectively) a Brownlow Medal winning ruckman Gary Dempsey from Footscray, A dual premiership player Brent Crosswell from Carlton and a couple of handy interstate recruits Malcolm Blight from SA as well as Barry Cable and Ross Glendenning from WA. They made up the guts of Barassi's superside that won the 1975 and 1977 Grand finals.

The 10 year rule was outlawed a year of so later but the damage was already done!

I'm thinking Dempsey came along a bit later.. but yeah...it pays to have friends in high places

I'm thinking Dempsey came along a bit later.. but yeah...it pays to have friends in high places
Yes Dempsey came later.
The famous Prelim final of Dempsey and Moore wrestling in 1979 was Gary’s first year.
Also the precursor to the line across the centre circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not a lot because it's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back