Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, fair enough. I thought he was a stretch at 15 when he was drafted and in my opinion I would've drafted Marshall, Powell Pepper, berry and Hayward all over him if they were in the same draft. Nothing against Daniel, I just rate other players higher.
didn't have access to them since rioli was the draft before. we bid on matthew kennedy and eric hipwood. before the draft we were linked with dunkley/rioli/burton

didn't have access to them since rioli was the draft before. we bid on matthew kennedy and eric hipwood. before the draft we were linked with dunkley/rioli/burton
pick 10 for Rioli imo. I like him.

I know there not in the same draft, they are players from the following draft that I would have over Rioli. Like I stated in the previous post

Melbourne surely wouldn't get rid of Tyson for a 3rd round pick.

I'd have no hesitation in sending them our 3rd for him.
The question was his worth, not Melbourne's intentions.

I can't see him being moved on, but having shown an interest in him due to mutual friends, he is a talented player but he can turn it over and he's not quick.

Something in the late 20s to early 30s is his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by early second you mean mid to late second, then yes, you agree with me. There is not a club in Australia giving up 15-22 on Dom Tyson.
Idk Essendon need an inside mid, Port need an inside mid, West Coast need an inside mid, Saints need an insde mid, Richmond needs an inside mid.
If any of those teams want to make finals now you could do worse than a first round pick for Tyson.
He's only 24 so has a lot of footy ahead of him.
Richmond especially would benefit a lot from Tyson, he's had some huge performances in the big games before and they wanted him from GWS. If they could get him for Geelong's first rounder that's decent business IMO
But regardless he's worth more to us than he is to other teams. Unless he is included in a deal for an elite player like Lever(even then I'm reluctant) he's not going to get us what he's worth so we should keep him.

This isn't about him leaving (Contracted till end of next year) but after his surprisingly good form up forward where do people see Tom McDonalds worth? Again I haven't heard anything (And wouldn't want to trade him either) but curious to see how he is rated outside our supporters.

What would Birchall & Puopolo be worth to a team in premiership contention?
Birchall not much due to age and injuries. A premiership team may overpay the way Geelong did with Stanley just to get him in the door but anything inside 25 is unlikely.

Puopolo I'm sure would get 30-40 range.

If by early second you mean mid to late second, then yes, you agree with me. There is not a club in Australia giving up 15-22 on Dom Tyson.
There are actually plenty, not that he'd be traded.
This isn't about him leaving (Contracted till end of next year) but after his surprisingly good form up forward where do people see Tom McDonalds worth? Again I haven't heard anything (And wouldn't want to trade him either) but curious to see how he is rated outside our supporters.
He 100% won't be traded from Melbourne. I'd give up a top 10 pick for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back