FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought it was possible but that Perrin Actor got even worse at acting - Truly not even a B Grade actor
I just watched the first episode, I think he may need some work on his diction but I don’t think he was that bad.

Kate Fleetwood though! That woman is an amazing actress.

I liked the first episode, more than I liked most episodes of season 1, lots of jumping around however and if you didn’t watch season 1, there’s going to be some confusion.

Finished the 3 episodes. It is much better but still some things that irk me. They are trying to work their way forward from a long way back and it might take the whole season to get the show to a place that the book readers will be happy with. In the episode thread on Reddit someone said "It feels like Wheel of Time isn't trying to be the next big fantasy show and instead it's just trying to be a good show, and it's paying off" which I agree with.

Finished the 3 episodes. It is much better but still some things that irk me. They are trying to work their way forward from a long way back and it might take the whole season to get the show to a place that the book readers will be happy with. In the episode thread on Reddit someone said "It feels like Wheel of Time isn't trying to be the next big fantasy show and instead it's just trying to be a good show, and it's paying off" which I agree with.
Right now I think that’s probably the most important thing. If they can have it step up as a good show, then they can worry about epic fantasy from season 3 onwards. I’ve watched the first two episodes and already there’s a marked improvement from season 1.

Some things I don’t like
manufactured tension between Lan and Moiraine, hopefully that straightens itself out
but other things I love
Donal Finn is a brilliant Matrim Cauthon, love the Seanchan, actually don’t hate the relationship between Rand and Selene, enjoying the girl playing Elayne and Kate Fleetwood is bloody amazing!

Just finished the 3rd episode, best episode so far imo.

I love season 2’s soundtrack, Lorne Balfe outdid himself, it’s so good!

Nynaeve is still best girl imo. I love her and Zoe Robins is doing a phenomenal job.

I definitely think it has improved a lot.

Thought the new Matt was great.

I'm optimistic the longer this show goes, some of the acting will improve along the way, so may try not to comment on it anymore.

Not reading the books for a long time, it is difficult at times to understand everything. But from my memory it just seems we are getting past book 2 or 3 already to me.

I definitely think it has improved a lot.

Thought the new Matt was great.

I'm optimistic the longer this show goes, some of the acting will improve along the way, so may try not to comment on it anymore.

Not reading the books for a long time, it is difficult at times to understand everything. But from my memory it just seems we are getting past book 2 or 3 already to me.
A tv series very rarely goes past 7 seasons. Even if highly successful. So with 14? books they have to rattle through them especially if they want to focus more on specific things at some stage

What happened to the intro from season 1 and the big sets? It was the best thing about the show.
I think they canned the intro for longer episodes. I miss the intro but I think longer episodes are probably a better option. Not sure what happened to the sets though. Tar Valon in particular feels really small in season 2.

But arent we in the streaming age now? Why is there a set time limit?
I guess Amazon made a decision and the show runners tried to get more time and this was the compromise they came up with? I don’t know for sure, no one’s said anything about, I’m just assuming that’s why no more opening to the episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tar Valon in particular feels really small in season 2.

We are really only seeing inside the white tower and not actual vagina island. They don't need big sets- especially for the novice rooms which is where most of the scenes with Egwene and Elayne have been.

Fifth episode was the best of the season so far.

Still plenty of nitpicks (they're still calling LTT the Dragon Reborn for some reason + the mouth sewing did not fit the established magic system), whilst the Perrin stuff is still sloppy.

But Lanfear is superbly done, and her dream dialogue with Ishy was possibly the best scene of the series so far.

No Lan was a big plus.

Fifth episode was the best of the season so far.

Still plenty of nitpicks (they're still calling LTT the Dragon Reborn for some reason + the mouth sewing did not fit the established magic system), whilst the Perrin stuff is still sloppy.

But Lanfear is superbly done, and her dream dialogue with Ishy was possibly the best scene of the series so far.

No Lan was a big plus.
Natasha O’Keefe (Lanfear) and Fares Fares (Ishamael) are absolutely killing it this season. Hope whoever they get for the others can match them in future seasons.

they're still calling LTT the Dragon Reborn for some reason

Technically he is. Remember, time is cyclical. IIRC he was referred to as The Dragon Reborn at least once in the books.

On episode 4 now. Really struggling to care. Maybe my memory is wrong but feel like they’ve deviated so far from the books.

Also feel like not much happening so far.
It is very different from the books, but also my memory is cooked. So it's a bit of both I reckon.

I also felt like not much happened in the first few eps, but it definitely kicks off in ep 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back