FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Exciting!! Just need to find some time to watch it haha
I enjoyed episodes 1-4 of season 2, however imo episodes 5 & 6 are just on a whole other level! I just hope they stick the landing this season.

Yep, I am really getting into this now.

Really enjoyed that episode.

No Perrin story arc was a huge bonus.

The Egwene actress did a really good job that episode.

Really liked the Lanfear and Liandrin stuff together.
Madeline Madden (the actress that plays Egwene) is amazing, I don’t know where they found her but OMG she is so good! They’ve got a good one there.

She’s an Aussie. She also (thanks to having young kids) stars in Dora the explorer the movie.
I’d forgotten she was in Dora the Explorer. She was also in the most recent version (as in maybe 5 or 6, 7? Years ago) of Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Yep, I am really getting into this now.

Really enjoyed that episode.

No Perrin story arc was a huge bonus.

The Egwene actress did a really good job that episode.

Really liked the Lanfear and Liandrin stuff together.
One thing that really bothered me was the "fast travel" between Caemlyn, Cairhien and Tar Valon to get all those Aes Sedai in one place.

Lazy writing.

Lan and Perrin storylines are the big weak points this season. Everything else is great.

They have really hit a home run with the Seanchan. They are just as easy to hate as they are in the books.

This episode showed that the real strong points of the show are the younger characters while Moiraine and Lan are weak points. I get they are the big name actors but they really need to start focusing on the Emonds Field 5 more going forward.

They have really hit a home run with the Seanchan. They are just as easy to hate as they are in the books.

This episode showed that the real strong points of the show are the younger characters while Moiraine and Lan are weak points. I get they are the big name actors but they really need to start focusing on the Emonds Field 5 more going forward.
The main problem with Moiraine is that they've hamstrung her with the "stilling" so that she can do the Thom role in Cairhien. And her aloofness comes across as being bland and rude when the aura of her being an all-powerful, all-knowing Aes Sedai isn't there.

They could have offset this a little by explaining her motives better - differentiating her from the other Aes Sedai (which they've struggled to convey)...but hopefully they do that next episode. It looks like we're getting the opening chapters of Book 2 moved from Fal Dara to here.

Lan's character is just a mess this season.

The main problem with Moiraine is that they've hamstrung her with the "stilling" so that she can do the Thom role in Cairhien. And her aloofness comes across as being bland and rude when the aura of her being an all-powerful, all-knowing Aes Sedai isn't there.

They could have offset this a little by explaining her motives better - differentiating her from the other Aes Sedai (which they've struggled to convey)...but hopefully they do that next episode. It looks like we're getting the opening chapters of Book 2 moved from Fal Dara to here.

Lan's character is just a mess this season.
I really agree with you about the way they make Moiraine look, not anything you can like about her character, they tried to make her a bit more human when she hugged her nephew, so we will see where it goes from here.

Moiraine is annoying me, as are Lan/Alanna/Her Warders, hope there’s a huge payoff there sometime soon.

Well I am officially hooked.

It's the story that gets me.

Still some poor acting, but the Story is just great.

When you don't want each episode to end, you know your invested.

Really liking the Falme storyline right now.
Yeah, they've successfully convinced me that this is just another "turning of the wheel". Not knowing exactly what is going to happen is actually slightly enjoyable.

As with you, I'm more critical of poor acting and lazy writing than divergences from the source material now.

Lan redeemed himself this episode, but I'm not sold on what they're doing with Siuan or Mat (although I must say the actor is doing a brilliant portrayal of his mannerisms).

Bain and Chiad sighting was pleasing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t watched Episode 7 yet, but a lot of people have said while it has a lot from the books, there’s still a lot of divergence.

I’m off to the Royal Melbourne Show today so I won’t get to watch it til tonight or tomorrow, but I’m not sure if I’m ready for Ep. 7 yet, kind of still recovering from last weeks episode lol

It's just a shame that Season 1 had to end so poorly. Even accepting the changes from the books as I do now - those last two episodes in Fal Dara were trash (yes, I know the reasons why). They would have lost a big chunk of viewers because of that.

But yeah - that was a brilliant episode. Moghedien at the end was a pleasant surprise!

I'm glad they gave the Ingtar shout out for the book readers, but it's a little disappointing that they didn't cover his redemption story.

Damn that was ******* good. I just wish they had the battle in the sky like in the books instead of on the tower.

Moghedien. Holy s**t. I wasn't expecting that but that actress has me already in her web. She seemed even more crazy than in the books and I am here for it.

Edit:

There seems to a popular theory that Uno = Gaidal Cain. I don't think I like that.

Last edited:
Damn that was ******* good. I just wish they had the battle in the sky like in the books instead of on the tower.

Moghedien. Holy s**t. I wasn't expecting that but that actress has me already in her web. She seemed even more crazy than in the books and I am here for it.

Edit:

There seems to a popular theory that Uno = Gaidal Cain. I don't think I like that.
I’m not sure that’s a theory, didn’t Rafe more or less confirm they were joining the two in his Instagram Q&A on Friday morning?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back